+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/9 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3697068;
    I really liked the fact they showed more good auditions this time rather than the bad ones. The first blonde girl was really cute, she reminded me of Jordan from BB (minus the accent) just in the way she seems to be a genuinely happy person. Sweet girl. But, as far as dancing, I agree with the NCLurker and Topcat...Paula was great!! I also really liked the last tapper that came on. Don't remember his name, but he seemed the total package as far as talent and personality. Not to mention a killer smile!!
    Yes, it was definitely nice to see more good auditions than bad ones. And I really like how the episode was slimmed down to one hour, because all of last season was 2 hours. It got tiresome. Now hopefully they give some airtime to all of the future Top20-ers.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

The other effect of the slimmed down episodes is that this season is going to go on FOREVER. We're starting the week after after Labor Day and the winner should be announced right before Christmas. The Top 20 won't start dancing until nearly Halloween.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3697028;
    PLEASE let there be better ballroom dancers. Seeing Anya and Pascha for a nano-second doing the choreographing made me really miss having good ballroom dancers last season.

Don't care about Nigel's need to get a good tapper, just give me a couple of good ballroom dancers and not so many contemporary dancers. Is that too much to ask?
    I'm with you, Harmony 2000! I was so sad last season when Max got eliminated so quickly. I think the past 2 seasons have been missing something for me, and I think it's ballroom dancers - they just seem to move differently and it is awesome to watch. The contemporary dancers just start to seem all the same after a while. Please let there be multiple ballroom dancers in the Top 20!!!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3698258;
    I'm with you, Harmony 2000! I was so sad last season when Max got eliminated so quickly. I think the past 2 seasons have been missing something for me, and I think it's ballroom dancers - they just seem to move differently and it is awesome to watch. The contemporary dancers just start to seem all the same after a while. Please let there be multiple ballroom dancers in the Top 20!!!
    Def agree with this. For me, personally, the contemporary dancers do too much rolling around on the floor. I know it's not true but to me it seems like the stuff is just extemporaneous... put on the music and make it up on the spot. Again, I do know that's not true but after a while it's just the same leap, roll, tumble, turn... leap, roll, tumble, turn... lather, rinse, repeat.

I'll take ballroom any day

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3698258;
    I think the past 2 seasons have been missing something for me, and I think it's ballroom dancers - they just seem to move differently and it is awesome to watch. The contemporary dancers just start to seem all the same after a while. Please let there be multiple ballroom dancers in the Top 20!!!
    I'd love more ballroom dancers, but I'd love more tappers too! Or Broadway, or ballet. I just want something different. I realize the judges seem to think that the contemporary dancers are the most versatile, and this past season I guess it was true. But there have to be some dancers out there from other genres who can adapt well to different styles. It's so much more interesting to me when the dancers are more unique - when they're all contemporary they just seem to blend together.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3698761;
    I'd love more ballroom dancers, but I'd love more tappers too! Or Broadway, or ballet. I just want something different. I realize the judges seem to think that the contemporary dancers are the most versatile, and this past season I guess it was true. But there have to be some dancers out there from other genres who can adapt well to different styles. It's so much more interesting to me when the dancers are more unique - when they're all contemporary they just seem to blend together.
    Seconding that BIG TIME.

I'm with all you guys. I'm so over the juggernaut of contemporary dancers that every season when it looks like one has it in the bag? I stop watching. What makes the judges think that all America wants to see is people doing the exact same thing over and over?

Point at their chest.
    Look constipated.
    Reach towards the camera with their hand opened wide.
    Close hand into a fist and bend towards the ground.
    Roll around on the floor.
    Spin around on one foot.
    Leap across the stage.

Repeat the process.

I'm so bored with this! I want something different. I'd take a Russian folk dancer at this point (ha, little dig at the mess that happened last season) just to get some variety. I feel the same way about the hip-hoppers by the way. Seems like every season if they aren't contemporary/lyrical/jazz then they are hip-hop/breakers/poppers. Give us more ballet, ballroom, tap, broadway.....anything other than the two styles they keep over loading us with.

I find it hard to believe that there are zero dancers in the above genres who can't adapt to other styles. They are just as trained, so why can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3698837;
    I'm with all you guys. I'm so over the juggernaut of contemporary dancers that every season when it looks like one has it in the bag? I stop watching. What makes the judges think that all America wants to see is people doing the exact same thing over and over?

Point at their chest.
    Look constipated.
    Spin around on one foot.
    Leap across the stage.

Repeat the process.

I'm so bored with this! I want something different. I'd take a Russian folk dancer at this point (ha, little dig at the mess that happened last season) just to get some variety. I feel the same way about the hip-hoppers by the way. Seems like every season if they aren't contemporary/lyrical/jazz then they are hip-hop/breakers/poppers. Give us more ballet, ballroom, tap, broadway.....anything other than the two styles they keep over loading us with.

I find it hard to believe that there are zero dancers in the above genres who can't adapt to other styles. They are just as trained, so why can't they?
    OMG - I had to come out of lurking on this board to say that one made me laugh out loud!! But it is oh so true!!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Point at their chest.
    Look constipated.
    Spin around on one foot.
    Leap across the stage.

Repeat the process.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Point at their chest.
    Look constipated.
    Spin around on one foot.
    Leap across the stage.

Repeat the process.

Funniest thing I have read on the feeds lately......., and soooooooo true!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast