+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 9/9 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3696705;
    Amber Williams - Mother in a wheel chair. She's very good (but there are better). Ticket to Vegas + background package + tragic backstory = keep your eye on this one.

Personally I liked Paula Van Oppen better (short hair / yellow outfit).
    Totally agree with you on Paula! She just seems to have a lot of spunk and talent.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3696728;
    Slightly off topic - Good to know that Travis is too busy to help out with the Season Six auditions. Watch for his choreography of the opening number on the MTV Video Music Awards this Sunday night.
    cool deal for him.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3696673;
    Thanks for starting this thread, TopCat. Here's hoping for some great (Sex-less) auditions!
    Sorry I couldn't start and lock the other threads tonight, Stupid computer was acting up again. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3696723;
    RE: High School Musical chick.

Am I alone in being bothered by people who have already made their way to professional work auditioning and making it onto this show?

It just sits badly with me. I'd rather see more people who outside of SYTYCD might not get anywhere.
    It doesn't sound like she's had a lot of opportunities outside of the High School Musical franchise, and I'm guessing the main reason she got that gig is because she's a local girl. (They were shot here in Utah.)

She reminded me so much of Randee from last season, though. They could have been cut from the same Utah-girl mold. (Nothing against Utah girls. I was one myself, although not a blonde.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Finding someone who hasn't done much in the dancing circuit if pretty unlikely. Most of these guys focus their life on dancing, so they'll probably end up looking for any job they can get, whether it be an unknown job or a very high-profile job. So I personally don't have a problem with contestants who have had success in their career. American Idol is more likely to find an unknown talent since you don't really have to train to try out; you just got to know how to sing. With this show, you have to have experience, or else we would just get a bunch of Sex's trying out.

Anyway, I loved loved loved Mollee Gray. I didn't think I would, but she's my early favorite.

I was reading an interview Nigel had with TV Guide, and he stated that his mission this year is to find a tapper. It explains why we had many tappers' auditions being shown. By the way, even though Cat stated that a tapper hasn't made the Top20 ever, this show actually has had a tapper. Sandra in S1, she was the first one eliminated.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3696968;
    Finding someone who hasn't done much in the dancing circuit if pretty unlikely...With this show, you have to have experience, or else we would just get a bunch of Sex's trying out.
    Alrighty. I admit I was doing some research on past contestants to see if I could provide a list of people who had come to the show with little more than lessons from home or from watching their favorite dance videos over and over or from suburban "Kathy's School Of Dance & Baton Twirling" studios.

I'm a little disgusted to see you're right. Just about everybody has a history of some kind of previous, professional dance experience. The degrees vary, but I really couldn't find anyone out of the dozen or two people I checked at random.

Ah, well. I still love the show. I know what it's like to be a Jessi, sitting at my desk typing 8 hours a day and despising it, knowing what I'd rather be doing. If this show can get more Jessi's out of cubicles, more power to it.

Why do so many of these auditioners look so familiar? Have we seen them over and over or was it because they spent so much of last season showing the clips for this season? I was getting really confused.

Plus, already knowing who makes into the top 40 is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I won't get attached to anybody and get mad when they get cut for no good reason. Curse because as I watch a really good audition, I'm already mad with what is coming! LOL

I did not like the salsa/hip-hop couple. They just weren't that good. PLEASE let there be better ballroom dancers. Seeing Anya and Pascha for a nano-second doing the choreographing made me really miss having good ballroom dancers last season.

Don't care about Nigel's need to get a good tapper, just give me a couple of good ballroom dancers and not so many contemporary dancers. Is that too much to ask?

Weighing in on the whole HSM thing. I don't have a problem with that. I mean the tappers went on tour with Fosse. So not really seeing the difference and I think it will be close to impossible to find a good dancer in this age range who doesn't already have some sort of professional experience.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 09-10-2009 at 07:43 AM.

I really liked the fact they showed more good auditions this time rather than the bad ones. The first blonde girl was really cute, she reminded me of Jordan from BB (minus the accent) just in the way she seems to be a genuinely happy person. Sweet girl. But, as far as dancing, I agree with the NCLurker and Topcat...Paula was great!! I also really liked the last tapper that came on. Don't remember his name, but he seemed the total package as far as talent and personality. Not to mention a killer smile!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I liked the salsa dancers. Shrug. It was different, but it was done well.

FORT Fan

I just gotta say my two favs (not including Pasha!) were Ryan and Paula.
    Ryan has such creativity and Paula was interesting in a want to see more kind of way!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast