+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

FORT Fogey

Re: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

Nigel explained to E! Online last night how the finals will fit all that dancing into an hour show:
    And as for that upcoming season finale, Nigel spills that it's going to be a little different than usual, thanks to the upcoming holiday. He says, "This is our very first six-person finale, but that's only happening because we're short a week [this season]. Everyone is going to dance with everyone else, but we only have one hour for the performance show, for the 'dance-off,' if you will. So girl A is going to dance with boy A, B and C, and girl B is going to dance with boy A, B and C, and so on. So everybody is going to dance with everybody. Normally in the finale, the boys dance together, and the girls dance together, and they do a group dance as well, but we don't have time to do that."

Travis Wall's twit:

I'm excited to teach my couple tomorrow!!! I like moving and molding dancers who aren't contemporaray! Makes me feel like a good teacher!!
    Contemporary:
    Jakob
    Ellenore
    Kathryn

NON:
    Russell
    Ryan
    Ashleigh

So it's either Russell/Ashleigh OR Ryan/Ashleigh... I REALLY, REALLY HOPE it's Ryan and Ashleigh!!

I hope Ryan and Ashleigh do not get a Travis Wall routine--I am not big fans and his work is too incredible to be wasted on them. Then again, I am not sure what Russell would do with it either.

This reminds me that so much of this show weighs on the choreography and luck of the draw. That's why I liked the finale because you could finally size up the dancers against one another--without hearing the rantings of the foolish judges, being influenced by the dance (quickstep v. a Mia Michael's piece, come on), etc...

To be wasted? That's harsh, even when it comes from a... non-fan. Have you not seen Ryan perform contemporary before? He was great and in control of his movement. Ashleigh has been doing so great with other styles, and I think she can dance better than Ryan. So between the two of them, I think miracle will happen again...

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3767372;
    To be wasted? That's harsh, even when it comes from a... non-fan. Have you not seen Ryan perform contemporary before? He was great and in control of his movement. Ashleigh has been doing so great with other styles, and I think she can dance better than Ryan. So between the two of them, I think miracle will happen again...
    Yep...I have seen every episode (I remember noting that his kicks were distracting because his female partners in the jazz/cont. pieces were much stronger and it was very obvious) and I'd be much happier if someone like Jakob was taking on a piece of Mr. Wall's work.

And, I'll admit, I like Ryan more than Ashleigh. For starters, she auditioned with this ridiculous smirk and her attitude just wronged me the wrong way. Since then, I haven't seen the loads of improvement the judges keep gushing about--she is just average compared to many of the female contestants we have seen on this show.

I am all for miralces and big moments--just dont think we are getting the best possible dancers if its these two instead of a couple like Jakob and Katherine/Ellenore.

Well -- from the looks of it, Travis choreographing for a couple who are not contemporary, so Jakob is out of the question. Though, I think Jakob could ace any style given to him, maybe slightly less than perfect if he's doing ballroom/latin dance, but he'll do good nonetheless.

I loathe Ashleigh when she auditioned; she was being... fake and trying TOO hard to please. I started liking her after seeing her first performance, and I think she became herself instead of the girl came for the audition with her husband. I chose to give her the chance, instead of immediately crossing her off my favorite list. I seriously can't see that she's not doing great, or just good for that matter. When one is being partnered up with a great dancer, the other tends to look bad; quite obvious really... like what happened with Phillip/Jeanine and Gev/Courtney; but it's not the case with Jakob and Ashleigh...

I started off REALLY favoring Ellenore for the win when I first see her in Vegas audition, but eh, not only her partnering dance (not all) changed my mind, but also her weird personality... The footage of her back story (where she constantly said "I WANT") doesn't give me the best impression at all... and I hated Kathryn when she was announced the top 20, but now, she's one of my favorite.

This season has been unpredictable and I enjoyed it immensely.

My candidates for the win -- obviously Jakob, Ashleigh or Kathryn; but all depend on their performance at the Finale. They're all great in their own genre and proved to be just as great in other styles...
    Last edited by kiariclois; 12-13-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3767647;
    I loathe Ashleigh when she auditioned; she was being... fake and trying TOO hard to please. I started liking her after seeing her first performance, . . . I started off REALLY favoring Ellenore for the win when I first see her in Vegas audition, but eh, not only her partnering dance (not all) changed my mind, ... and I hated Kathryn when she was announced the top 20, but now, she's one of my favorite. This season has been unpredictable and I enjoyed it immensely.
    I agree. I least liked Ashleigh and Legacy, but they both deserved top ten. I like your take on how Ashleigh first appeared -- alot of people including myself don't act anything like themselves when nervous or in a new situation. At the end of the day, Ashleigh was the third best female dancer on this show and totally held her own with Jakob. Kathryn was just okay for me when I didn't know anything other than her high voice when she was emotional, and now she is my favorite since about the third performance. Ellenore was and is still a great, quirky dancer, but she is not as consistently great as Kathryn and Jakob -- and sometimes she tries to hard to be quirky. Russell has had the suckiest luck but Kathryn had to dance with Legacy (who I like but they totally choreographed around his limited abilities). Russell is great, too.

Tuesday, every boy dances with each girl so the luck of the draw will be the dance and choreographer. Kathryn so deserves a great contemporary or jazz and Russell deserves a great hip hop -- with dancers that can hold their own with them in that style.

Here's what Adam Shankman tweet 8 hours ago:

Holy cow! Perfs on sytycd finale: Mary j blige, jen lopez, Adam lambert, Leona Lewis! Amazing !!!
    Leona Lewis!! WOW

FORT Fogey

OK, folks here are our dances for tonight (via SYTYCDism) :

Jakob & Kathryn – Contemporary – Desmond Richardson and Dwight Rhoden
    Jakob & Ellenore – Broadway – Tyce Diorio
    Jakob & Ashleigh – Foxtrot – Jean Marc Generaux
    Russell & Kathryn – Hip Hop – Napolean and Tabitha D’Umo
    Russell & Ellenore – Paso Doble – Jason Gilkison
    Russell & Ashleigh – Lyrical Jazz – Sonya Tayeh
    Ryan & Kathryn – Samba – Jason Gilkison
    Ryan & Ellenore – Jazz – Garry Stewart
    Ryan & Ashleigh – Contemporary – Travis Wall
    • Ryan & Ashleigh Contemporary: Boo! I want to see them rock the heck out of a ballroom routine! Still I bet it will be emotional seeing them do a Travis number together. Hope Ashleigh can pull it off with her shoulder - though Travis has gotten good at working around that kind of thing. (Ellenore was injured last week and he had to redo their whole table number while she was sidelined on Sunday.)
    • Russell & Kathryn – Hip Hop: Happy that Russell gets to Hip-Hop; not so glad that NappyTabs is choreographing; of course, poor Russell is the lone street dancer left, so no matter what he's going to be saddled with a Krump-Challenged partner. And Kathryn, sheesh!
    • Jakob & Ashleigh Foxtrot: Looking forward to seeing them together again!
    • Jakob & Kathryn – Contemporary – Desmond Richardson and Dwight Rhoden: At last! Choreographers who can challenge Jakob and use him without turning him into just a jumping bean. And Kathryn, too! I'd buy tickets to see this.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 12-15-2009 at 05:06 PM.

It looks like Kathryn was the luckiest there. Each guy danced their own style or the style closest to their own with Kathryn: Russell - hip hop, Ryan - samba and Jakob - contemporary.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread