+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

Re: The Season 6 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS ONLY**

I'm eager to see Legacy doing Travis Wall contemporary...

FORT Fogey

OK here's the list for tonight... more or less
    Couples:
    Jakob & Mollee – Broadway (Joey Dowling), Viennese Waltz (Jason Gilkison)
    Legacy & Ellenore – Contemporary (Travis Wall), Hip Hop (NappyTabs)
    Ryan & Kathryn – Disco (Doriana Sanchez), Cha Cha (Jason Gilkison)
    Russell & Ashleigh – Hip Hop (Shane Sparks), Bollywood (Nakul Dev Mahajan)
    Apparently there's lots of drama about an injured dancer, but I have conflicting reports.

To the Point

It's been confirmed that Ellenore is injured. Is there someone else as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3764274;
    It's been confirmed that Ellenore is injured. Is there someone else as well?
    I heard rumor that Ashleigh was injured and did not dance. Russell once again danced with choreographers assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3763544;
    ^^ not good... Why not Kris performing during the finale?!! I can't stand Adam Lambert

Agreed.

Not liking the final 6 either.

FORT Regular

Report from taping:

Ryan/Kathryn:

First Dance of the Night (at least for us): Doriana Disco with Ryan and Kathryn. "Last Dance" was the song, and it was some stupid story about the first dance that was the last dance before falling in love. Or something. Adam and Mary loved this one. It wasn't quite as theatrical or high intensity as many of Doriana's routines, though Kathryn was STUNNING. Her outfit and her attitude were just scorching tonight, I thought. She had more enrgy and more speed and power in her dance than Ryan, though Adam said they were in sync (I saw at least two times where their hand movements were off... but it seemed due to Ryan lumbering a bit). I had to agree with Nigel, scarily enough, though. He said Ryan was stiff (Mary insisted that back in the day those moves were supposed to be stiff and many got knowcked in the face with a stiff outstreteched arm, guffaw laugh laugh); and I agree. Kathryn pwned him (and I hate writing that term) in this routine, and ALL of the judges loved her. She did a lot of great moves while being lifted by her lifting tool.

Fifth Dance: Another Jason Gilkison routine, ChaCha for Ryan and Kathryn. This one got a standing O from the audience (could not see the judges well enough to tell, since I was directly behind them, with a banister separating me from them below). This was actually one of the best, if not the best ChaChas I have seen on this show. REALLY gret choreography by Jason, and the judges (and I) slobbered all over Kathryn in this. She really could have been an actual Latin Dancer, according to the judges... and I agree. She was sexy, confident, had the most amazing moves... and as Adam said, she eased into it, even though she likely had big nerves over a difficult routine. Ryan was very good, as one would expect for his style (Kathryn said much of her confidence came from him); but KAthryn pwned him, once again. He was a very good lifter or her; but as far as star quality, this was her dance. She was my overall favorite dancer tonight... and those worried SHOULD have nothing to worry about. The judges said she really popped, just when she should be, and that her performance level was brilliant and sexier than htye had ever seen.
    Mollee/Jakob:

Second Dance of the Night. Jason Gilkison Viennese Waltz for Jakob and Mollee. Those who say Mollee is being pimped... I wass smiling at you this time. All night they talked about how far she has come, just as predicted by many Sucksters. Ugh. Anyway, the dance was lovely, barefoot, and quite nice. Jakob hopped a slight bit, which many of you know annoys me, but I like it overall. It was danced well overall, and Mollee was good; but for the life of me, I can't remember most of what she did at all. I mostly remember Jakob in it. I do, as I said, remember it was nice and lovely and that all three judges really liked it... I ALSO remember that Adam called out the choreography, though he adore the piece, for having Jetees and Butterflies in it, which are not part of Vienne Waltz. Of course, Jason said he was trying to dp a non-traditional VW... and I think he succeeded. Having a total brain fart about the song right now, but it was about ordinary people, which Adam said these two are not. To me, AGAIN Jakob did not really pop as a CHARACTER in the dance. He went back to "grace face," for me, with a little bit of "shy" thrown in.

Sixth: Joey Dowling Broadway, to "Easy Street," for Jakob and Mollee. Interesting note: Nigel complained that most of the Broadway routines on this show are too Vaudeville, more than what one would actually see with strong dancing on Broadway. Agreeing with Nigel twice in one night? Horrifying. That said, he praised Joey for being a beautiful choreog and (ewww) a beautiful woman. Stop it, Nigel! Just when I was almost stomaching you, for once! The things started on a bench... with heavy clothes on (that masked Jakob's dance and covered his personality, for me.. bad costume choices tonight), and then moved into the streets where they were dancing bigger, and removed some of the heavier clothes. I guess they were con artists. Mollee was the dumb one (her filmed bit for this is a classic... many will roll their eyes as I did...Cindy Brady personified, credit given to Realite for that one). Jakob was the strong one. Most of the moves were great and they were really in sync. It was suited to Mollee (she had a 40s look, and was toned down); but it wasn't the movst exciting routine, even though it was very good. Maybe it was just in the wrong place in the evening, coming after two amazing routines and several very good ones). Again, Jakob showed more technique than presence, and I think that brought it down a level for me. Mollee, again, was pretty unmemorable... and the judges lavished praise.
    Ellenore/Legacy:

Third Dance of the Night: Travis Wall Contemporary Routine for Ellenore and Legacy. This was my favorite routine of the night, and probably of the season. The two were at the dinner table, and were at each other's throats the whole time. It was INTENSE, "dangerous" according to the judges (hopping all around over and under the table, falling over chiars together...), totally unique, and had high energy, strong chracter and the ability to make my heart, at least, beat a lot faster. AMAZING work, great song choice. Nigel (yawn) said he though Travis might get en Emmy nom (yay!) for this. Both of the dancers were really in their element... and yes, those of you who say they add B-Boy moves too much will likely complain. I, for one, was left exhausted and kinda shocked afterwards. Judges adored it. They said Ellenore hit it out of the park at EXACTLY the right time, and praised LEgacy, as well, for some difficult pieces in the routine.

Seventh: Nappy Tabs Hip Hop for Ellenore and Legacy. They were aliens who learned to Hip Hop dance on earth or something. They came out wearing masks and dancing backwards (masks look like they are facing us, but are actually on the back of their heads...old schtick). I really liked this part and found Ellenore especially to be charming in the package and on the stage afterwards (long drawn out detour int alien speak and nonsense by judges, but Ellenore played along wonderfully). From there, it was WTF. It was boring, muddled, not strong on technique, and they were a bit out of synv... seemingly choreographed that way. It sucked; but Nigel actually called Nappy Tabs out on it. Adam said they danced it well, not badly, for what they were given. All the judges seemed to think the fault was the choreography. Ugh. Best and worst in one night for these two.... oh and it was to "People Are Strange" (correct title), a remixed version Adam hated, by the doors.
    Russell:

Foruth Dance of the Night: Shane Spark Hip Hop for Russell and Shane's assistant. This was one of the most hard-hitting Hip Hop routines on this show, and with Russell's natural swagger, he killed it. Adam called it "Old School... REALLY old school.." which made Shane look like he wanted to kill him), but all judges loved how hard Russell hit it, his energy and smiles and vivacity. To tell you the truth, especially considering that he got his partner this morning. Russell officially made me a believer this week. REALLY STRONG Hip Hop. Would have loved to have seen Ashleigh in it. And what up with R Dude dancing without patner's this season. "Accidentally" injuring themselves? I blame Mollee.

Eight: Bollywood by Nakul for Russell and N's assistant. Ruseell showed so much charm that I nearly forgot he was was basically doing a Hip Hop version of Bollywood, here. He had a big smile, and just seemed to be enjoying himself so much. There was no story, just classic moves (some of which, apaprently, could be done wrong and be offensive to millions in India); and while the judges said they did not notice the professional dancer who was with him, I disagree: She was stunning, did these moves EXACTLY (of course) as they should be done, and was hard to stop watching. I wanted to see her dance with another professional. That said, Russell was very good and this ended up endearing him to me even further. One of my faves for the night, maybe with a bit too much of my good will thrown in for him being such a good sport.
    Misc.:

Obv it is subjective. I had preferences going in. I asked my friends I was with, and the one who had never seen the show said:

1. Kathryn
    2. Legacy
    3. Ellenore
    4. Russell
    5. Jakob
    6. Mollee
    7. Ryan

BF said:

1. Ellenore
    2. Kathryn
    3. Legacy
    4. Russell (all 3 were close for him)
    He was mixed about the rest.

I said:

1. Kathryn
    2. Ellenore
    3. Russell/Legacy
    5.Jakob
    6. Ryan
    7. Mollee

OH! And Russell was Santa in his solo. Kinda cheesy but cute enough. He had a teddy bear in his little sack (heh. Heh heh.) Much discussion over that one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ravnes04;3764390;
    Report from taping:
    Oh, bollocks! Another Top 8 "surprise". Last season it was the Cancer Dance. Now we have Russell soldiering on without a partner, garnering thousands of sympathy votes. Not that he needs them - he's going to the finale anyway. But it's a zero-sum game. Those sympathy votes get sucked away from other contestants - usually the better ones. (Remember last season at this point Janette and Brandon dropped down to the bottom, and Janette went home!)

All I can say is that if Mr. Jakob Carr is not in the finale there's going to be hell to pay!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3764396;
    Oh, bollocks! Another Top 8 "surprise". Last season it was the Cancer Dance. Now we have Russell soldiering on without a partner, garnering thousands of sympathy votes. Not that he needs them - he's going to the finale anyway. But it's a zero-sum game. Those sympathy votes get sucked away from other contestants - usually the better ones. (Remember last season at this point Janette and Brandon dropped down to the bottom, and Janette went home!)

All I can say is that if Mr. Jakob Carr is not in the finale there's going to be hell to pay!
    I will cry if Jakob is not in the finale. This season has been lacking IMO in personality and in dancing (both by performers and choreographers) Jakob, Ellenore, and Sonya are the only things keeping me interested at this point. Well and a shirtless Legacy...

Only An Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3764399;
    I will cry if Jakob is not in the finale. This season has been lacking IMO in personality and in dancing (both by performers and choreographers) Jakob, Ellenore, and Sonya are the only things keeping me interested at this point. Well and a shirtless Legacy...

Jakob is going to be in the final 2!!! There's no way he's going home. I guarantee it.

What I know won't happen, but would make a INTERESTING final four would be Jakob & Ellenore and Ashleigh and Ryan... Husband and wife ballroom against the two contemporary (or whatever Ellenore is) dancers. Now that would be "fun" to watch as the final four but that's not going to happen.

Only An Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3764396;
    Those sympathy votes get sucked away from other contestants - usually the better ones. (Remember last season at this point Janette and Brandon dropped down to the bottom, and Janette went home!)

Oh I was so upset when Janette went home. She belonged in the top four. I've been watching since season 1 and that was the first time I was angry, not upset or sad, but angry.

+ Reply to Thread