+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion Thread - FINALE!!! **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion Thread - FINALE!!! **SPOILERS**

I can't believe Jeanine is only 18 - I saw it on the TV Guide website - but usually in prev seasons the judges would be raving about such feeling and expression in someone so young...was it because the other contestants (Brandon) was also very young?

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Ramalama Reprise Question

Hello! (echo echo echo) Anyone viewing? (echo echo echo)

Well if you are, I'm still re-watching previous seasons, and just saw the original Ramalama routine. OMG - definitely now one of my favorites.

Question: does anyone know why Ryan did NOT participate in the reprise of the routine for the 100th anniversary show?

FORT Fogey

Ramalama was the first appearance of Wade Robson as choreographer on SYTYCD. And as you saw he kinda blew the roof off the place.

As I recall Ryan was scheduled to appear for the anniversary, and then had to cancel at the last minute. I don't know if it was for health or other reasons. That's why Wade went on - to fill the "Ryan" hole. (And I think he loves to dance the number; he usually does it in his show.)

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but (in the original) there were five guys, but only four girls. One girl sat the number out due to injuries. There were a lot of injuries in Season 2, and I can't remember if it was Donyelle or Natasha that was hurt that week.

There was no "Natasha" in the top 10... Or in that season at all, I don't think...

Alyson, maybe? I know Heidi, Martha, Natalie, & Donyelle were in that routine. Natalie was having knee problems at the time, but she was definitely in that routine...

I'll check the video later today.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3679153;
    There was no "Natasha" in the top 10... Or in that season at all, I don't think...
    Ahh .. Natalie was the one I was thinking of. If you have positively identified those four (Natalie, Heidi, Donyelle, and Martha), then it has to be Alyson because she was the fifth girl. But I don't remember Alyson being injured - where Natalie and Donyelle were dancing through the pain during the last weeks. Let me know who was missing - now I'm very curious.

Glad you liked Season 2! That was my first season. Benji was quite the star, wasn't he? Except in the contemp group numbers where Mia was always trying to make him as inconspicuous as possible.

Ok. Just re-watched the routine again.

I was so sure that was Natalie, but there's no reason Alyson would have sat out that performance.

The make-up is so diguising. It took a few re-watches for me to figure out the really handsome blonde was Ivan.

OMG - I'm such a gothperv...

+ Reply to Thread