+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Kayla and Bandon ROCKED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I didn't care too much for Tyce's routine.
    I didn't like the wardrobe, but they did a good job dancing it.
    Brandon stole the show of course, and danced circles around Kayla.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

I thought both of them did a great job--they are my two favorites. (Unfortunately, that probably guarantees them to lose )
    I've also liked Tyce's choreography much better in the past couple of weeks--some of his earlier routines this season were not so wonderful in my opinion.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3641286;
    I thought both of them did a great job--they are my two favorites. (Unfortunately, that probably guarantees them to lose )
    I've also liked Tyce's choreography much better in the past couple of weeks--some of his earlier routines this season were not so wonderful in my opinion.
    Yeah, they'll probably get swept into the Danny/Travis/William vortex.

FORT Fogey

Jeanine’s solo to Por Una Cabeza by The Tango Project
    Her family was disappointed with Russian Folk Dance. ("What the folk?") Favorite was the Travis number with Jason. And the kiss was NOT CHOREOGRAPHED!
    OMG! This was better than she has ever done. Kind of tango-y. And with the rose in her mouth the whole time? Standing O from the audience AND the judges!

Judges: Adam thought the pirouettes were so risky and so great. A beautiful woman and full of the kindness she brings backstage. She just fought Brandon back with that. Mary says she is peaking at the right time - she elevates every dance partner. Nigel thought it was so brave - thinks Jeanine is in the final two.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-05-2009 at 09:53 PM.

FORT Fan

I've liked all 3 routines so far. But once again, the praise for Kayla and Brandon is over the top - not so for Jeanine and Evan. It really bothers me that they always tell Evan he "held his own" - it's like they always assume he'll be absolutely horrible, but somehow he is just this side of horrible instead. And I'm tired of Nigel telling Evan to fix things that are not his fault. "Don't let Jeanine throw you around the stage!" Umm, maybe you should talk to Sonya about that. And Brandon and Kayla were way out of synch on one of the spins, but the judges never point that out when it's their favorites.

Anyway, end of rant. I still think Brandon is the most deserving to win this thing - I just wish the judges could reign it in a little.

Jeanine's solo was absolutely amazing! She was stunning, her technique was amazing, and she was like fire on stage! Adam was right on the money "You just killed it!"
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

FORT Fan

Wow, that's the first time I've really thought one of Jeanine's solos was memorable. She did an awesome job!

Jeanine's solo was wonderful!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Brandon and Evan - Pop Jazz - Laurieann Gibson to Nasty Boys by Janet Jackson
    They fighting each other in this number. OK, they look great in the leather and denim. Brandon is kinda killing this but the attitude is way outside Evan's wheelhouse. Evan's dancing is fine - but it's the nasty thing that he can't get.

Judges: Adam couldn't get rid of Evan's natural sweetness. Mary wants to know what the nastiest thing that Evan has ever done. Brandon hit everything sharper. Nigel reminds the audience that Evan's work ethic is beyond reproach; but there isn't a nasty bone in his body. But Brandon also outdanced him.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread