+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3641426;
    For undecided viewers, this may be Evan's Waterloo. In a side-by-side "dance off", Brandon looks better.
    Okay, I just found it hard to even look at Brandon with Evan on the stage with him. I just find Evan so much more entertaining (even if Brandon IS a "better" all around dancer). And who the heck cares if it's hard to picture Evan as a "Nasty Boy." Frankly, I can't picture Brandon as one either.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big E;3643724;
    I hope Sanjaya...Uh I mean Evan doesn't win this.
    Not really accurate. Remember Cedric?

Now THAT was a Sanjaya if there ever was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3643755;

I don't believe either one is a Sanjaya, someone with a bit of talent that started mocking the competition; Cedric and Evan are/were excellent at what they specialize in.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3643755;

Yes you are right. I don't dislike Evan and has been better than Cedric, but he just is visably weaker than the other top 8 in all the dances.

It's not like him winning would turn me off the show.

I finally got a chance to watch the show this morning. It was a pretty good finale. I have to say that I have not been a huge fan of Jeanine through all of this, but she brought it big last night. The judges are right - she is peaking at the right time for sure.

I thought Kayla and Evan got robbed a tiny bit with that horrible western jive routine. Aside from the lifts, it was boring. I love how the choreographer's finally got called out for not putting together a finale worthy routine by Adam. I think it's completely fair to put the choreographer's on the line some too, afterall, the routine can play a large part in how people vote. I didn't get Mia's routine either. I normally love her stuff, but what she did for the girls was to me, quite snooze worthy. I always look forward to the guy's dancing together too, and that was also a let down (the choreography). The best routine's to me were the Paso and the Broadway piece.

I felt really bad for Evan. The judges were really harsh with him last night, regardless of if they were right or not. I was uncomfortable for him. Overall I'd say that Brandon outdanced Evan, Kayla and Jeanine were pretty even. I still think Kayla is a better dancer overall, but Jeanine may have clinched the whole thing with her solo. I think it will be Jeanine or Kayla that win though. Brandon is a great dancer, but my eye's were never really drawn to him last night. Looking forward to tonight's show.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE][I agree with you 100%. It may just be my biases showing, but it seems to me that with the possible exception of the butt routine, Evan didn't get much that was good this season. I loved Brandon's PD last night, I loved his robber dance with Janette awhile back. But in both of those dances, what made them great was the overall package. Good choreography, great music, appropriate lighting, good costumes, good dance. I feel like Evan got cheated on that score. Even when the choreography was OK, often the costumes were awful (cowboy boots? boxer shorts?) or the music was lame, and all that distracts from the dancing.

/QUOTE]

Yes, the one Broadway number (other than the Fosse-type thing) he got was totally marred by those hideous garters. And the routine didn't really feature the wonderful jumps he is so great at. I'm not saying he should get routines tailored to him any more than anyone else, but just for my own personal enjoyment, if he could have gotten one true Broadway number that played to his strengths I would have been happier. But I love all four finalists and I do hope Jeanine wins. I think she was the best over all--the total package. Whoever wins I will not be upset.

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=SydneyL;3644447;][QUOTE][I agree with you 100%. It may just be my biases showing, but it seems to me that with the possible exception of the butt routine, Evan didn't get much that was good this season. I loved Brandon's PD last night, I loved his robber dance with Janette awhile back. But in both of those dances, what made them great was the overall package. Good choreography, great music, appropriate lighting, good costumes, good dance. I feel like Evan got cheated on that score. Even when the choreography was OK, often the costumes were awful (cowboy boots? boxer shorts?) or the music was lame, and all that distracts from the dancing.

WOW!! Thank you for saying this!! I thought they NEVER let Evan do what he should have been able to do. He had to wear something really goofy for the My Fair Lady dance-he never got really good dances IMO.
    I felt like the reason some people didn't think he was any good is that he never got the really super dances!!
    I still love the guy ---not the BEST dancer but to me the most entertaining.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Evan is such a soft dancer, as were people who mastered the genre that he dances. Nothing wrong with that, either. He is in a league of his own with the current dancers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

i finally pieced together the finale episode. Arrrg! Youtube used to be my missed-the-show-backup but SYTYCD episodes are not allowed, I guess. I don't understand why not. Heck, Fox online themselves don't show recaps. So, anyway I finally saw both shows even though the winner was spoiled for me as I was searching high and low for an online stream.

I didn't like the cheerleader number.
    The broadway number was exciting.
    Brandon and Jeanine's solos were awesome.
    The peel your clothes off routine was okay but not competitive.
    The nasty routine didn't make me jump out my seat.
    I agree Evan seems to get horrible choreography, costuming, etc. His style and strengths never seemed catered to but he did well in the cowboy dance.
    I loved the intensity and passion of the Paso Doble.
    I expected more from the finale. The music/costuming and dance genres were not fiery and glam. I expected to be Wowed number after number but I wasn't.

+ Reply to Thread