+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

Re: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

I don't think Kayla's the "golden child". It was Brandon. Seriously, the praise was over the top....

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3630489;
    I don't think Kayla's the "golden child". It was Brandon. Seriously, the praise was over the top....
    I have to agree. I think they pimp Brandon just as much as anyone else. I think the boy can dance, no question. My problem with Brandon is I never get any raw emotion from his dancing. His solo's are amazing, but he seems to not bring the same feeling in to his couple routines.

Other's may see it differently, this is definitely all subjective isn't it.

I think all of the F4 are winners and they will all go on to do good things in the world of dance. Of course we as the viewers are the real winners. I am always amazed at what these kids can do! Unlike Ellen... I can't do that.

TCO (The Chosen One) was never Kayla, nor was it Brandon. Up until her elimination, it was Janette. Both Nigel and Mia admitted to her being their favorites and wanting her to win. She got an amazing partner in Brandon, and she had a leg up on everyone else by "picking" Latin/ballroom (or any other footwork dances) almost every week. I know she's technically a salsa dancer, but I would think that a salsa dancer would be able to get footwork dances faster than all of the other dancers. She got a foxtrot in Week1, a disco in W2, a cha-cha in W4, an argentine tango in W5, and a rumba in W7.

She was never overly-pimped (except for one standing O), so she was never going to receive the backlash that Kayla has. Everything was going Janette's way, until she got eliminated. After she got eliminated, Nigel said something on the Top6 performance show about how we're voting on the choreography instead of on the dancers, which is true. But that message was probably about Janette and how Melissa survived over her after getting the BCD.

And speaking of Kayla, the judges aren't dumb. They know what they're doing. They saw what happened to Will last year after he was overly-pimped. And with them wanting Janette to win, they probably saw a way to sabotage Kayla, a very strong technical dancer, by overly-pimping her. That seems outlandish, I know, but it's a possibility. But why would they go crazy on the comments when they know that it hurts these dancers? Evan is benefitting more from the negative comments he gets (because some people feel bad for him), while Kayla is hurting from the positive comments.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I'm really, really laughing here.

So far, I've heard emphatic insistence that Kayla, Brandon, and Janette are, absolutely, positively, without doubt - THE CHOSEN ONE AND HERE'S THE PROOF.

Equally often and with varied "insert dancer here" I'm seeing it said that "this dancer is being super-pimped 'cause the judges want him/her to win" and the opposite "this dancer is being super-pimped to make the VIEWERS hate them because the judges DON'T want him/her to win."

As I mention in my "Conspiracy theories here" thread, I'm sure there is plenty of producer-driven manipulation going on.

But I really don't believe that any of US really have any way of knowing exactly what the nature of that manipulation is.

Maybe it'll seem naive, but I think I'm just going to take the show at face-value (conspiratorial judges/producers included), and continue to vote for whomever is my favorite in every season, and hope for the best.

Oh, and continue to watch for the pure entertainment of seeing some awesome, sometimes envy-inspiring dance like I've not gotten to see on TV before this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3631298;
    Maybe it'll seem naive, but I think I'm just going to take the show at face-value (conspiratorial judges/producers included), and continue to vote for whomever is my favorite in every season, and hope for the best.

Oh, and continue to watch for the pure entertainment of seeing some awesome, sometimes envy-inspiring dance like I've not gotten to see on TV before this show.
    I have to agree. Every person who looks at the results from a different angle can come up with a different theory about what is going on. I personalyl don't think it is worthwhile to try and analyze the show. There is nothing we can do about it anyway. So I plan to just watch and enjoy the dancing and try not to get my feathers ruffled if the results don't go the way I would like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789