+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

Re: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

I don't get it either, mesachick. She's a great dancer and seems like a really nice person. I actually want to see her win since I saw her samba in week 1. She's amazing and I don't think I ever felt she did the routine assign to her badly.

I don't get all the Kayla love going on. She's overrated, fake, and has no personality as a dancer.

I'll be happy as long as Brandon or Jeanine win because they are miles ahead of her in personality and technique. They also have humble genuine personalities unlike everyone's favorite bleach blonde who has been shoved down my throat last season.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick;3628419;
    I didn't like the opening number simply because I hate that song. I didn't even watch it - sorry Tyce.
    glad I wasn't the only one. I've never liked that song..it's really creepy to me and the clowns were even more creepy. I flicked back over to Mad Max! lolol!
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3628647;
    I don't get all the Kayla love going on. She's overrated, fake, and has no personality as a dancer.

I'll be happy as long as Brandon or Jeanine win because they are miles ahead of her in personality and technique. They also have humble genuine personalities unlike everyone's favorite bleach blonde who has been shoved down my throat last season.
    Could you define "Fake" please? I think we may have different definitions of the word.
    Actually, I think we might define personality differently as well...
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3626804;

I really hope to see Brandon or Kayla win, preferably Brandon, but I'm really afraid it will be Evan, who I wanted to see leave. I just don't think his ability matches the oter three dancers; he's good but doesn't excite me like the others.
    That's why this is all so subjective. Neither Melissa nor Kayla did anything for me at all, Ade was hit or miss, Brandon and Jeanette were usually good, and as for Evan, my eyes are always drawn to him. I don't get why people say he is "less talented." I think they all have strengths and weaknesses, and Evan is just a joy to watch.

And I'm not a grandmother from the midwest, either.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I would like to know how you base your decision on that? Do you know all of these dancers personally? They all get the same little snippets on the show, and we just get little snapshots of their lives, certainly none of us "know" them well enough to make such judgements about them personally. I have no clue what bleach blonde was shoved down your throat last season considering that both Katee and Courtney are brunettes. Unless of course you are talking about Cat lol

I've never once seen Kayla portrayed as not humble or genuine. I think some folks might just want to see what they want to based on the fact that she has blonde hair. Who's to say that Jeanine doesn't have bland dishwater brown hair that she's dyed to that nice deep rich brown that she has? And what does it matter what color hair any of them have, it doesn't take away from their dance skills.

I base what I like on what I see on the dance floor, not hair color, and to me anyway, Kayla brings it every single week, while Jeanine has been hit or miss along the way.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3628842;
    That's why this is all so subjective. Neither Melissa nor Kayla did anything for me at all, Ade was hit or miss, Brandon and Jeanette were usually good, and as for Evan, my eyes are always drawn to him. I don't get why people say he is "less talented." I think they all have strengths and weaknesses, and Evan is just a joy to watch.

I agree Misty.

Evan truly seems to enjoy dancing. For him, it doesn't seem to be about "conquering" a new technique. He just wants to dance.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Well, I avoided finding out the results as long as I could. Youtube was not cooperating. So, Ade and Melissa are out. Okay. Sigh I still miss Janette. I guess Brandon should win but I will try to review all the dancers. Evan was a fav of mine from the beginning but I started to get bored. I really thought his brother was the better dancer of the two. I really liked Ade. He was a solid partner but when compared to Brandon. He wasn't the strongest technically in all genres. He rocked with Melissa, though. I don't know. Janine I teeter totter on. Kayla I never paid attention to until most recently. I liked Melissa over Kayla I think.

So, I guess it's Brandon for the win. But, who knows? The show isn't about talent but favorability, so truly once we get to this point. It really doesn't matter.

I don't get all the Kayla love going on. She's overrated, fake, and has no personality as a dancer. .
    How is she fake? Because she seems to acting too nice for the camera? Well -- she lived with her grandparents and I think that has affected her personality a great deal. These people tends to be different. Nice kind actually...

I guess I don't want Kayla to win because of the pimping.
    I have nothing against her or her talent. A few of her routines were, IMO... fantastic.

I know she has no control over how the producers edit her back story, or that they show her grandparents on the air almost every week, or that the judges mention her grandparents constantly.
    She can't control that, so now the public perceives her as not humble or egotistical.

Just like they did Danny Gokey on AI this year. (He was their early fave then the pimping switched to Adam and that's one reason I'm glad he didn't win.)
    He was the sympathy story, and it was exploited beyond his control and he was perceived by the public the same way Kayla is perceived.

Kayla is SYTYCD's "sympathy" story.
    I know she's not the only kid in America in this type of family situation.
    And I'm sure she's not the only kid in America whose grandparents went above and beyond to make sure her talent was encouraged and nourished.

She has that natural talent. She has the right body proportions.

I just don't like that she is this season's golden child.

I also feel that Brandon has been given an unfair advantage because of the Mia situation. She didn't like him, so that made people feel sorry for him and want him to prove himself to her.
    I always thought he was amazing. But I don't want him to win either.

I will be ecstatic to see Jeanine win. I'd love for Evan to win, but I don't think he's as well-rounded as the rest of them....though I do love him to pieces.

+ Reply to Thread