+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

Re: 7/30 Show Discussion Thread**SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3626804;

I really hope to see Brandon or Kayla win, preferably Brandon, but I'm really afraid it will be Evan, who I wanted to see leave. I just don't think his ability matches the oter three dancers; he's good but doesn't excite me like the others.
    I agree 100%. Brandon should absolutely win. He is magnificent! I am very torn between Kayla and Jeanine for 2nd place; I really love them both, although I would agree that Kayla has a slight edge over Jeanine. Evan is way, way below the other three.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fan

I picked the top 4. Of who was left, it was who I wanted. Melissa - I never warmed up to her. Something about her arm muscles scared me, dancers aren't usually that muscular. Something about her eyes and those lashes reminded me of raggedy ann or a clown. Ade - he was good from the waist up, but he had terrible feet placement in most of his more technical dances. He was strong, and the cameramen had a habit of getting close ups on him. But I never got the emotional connection from him that I get from Brandon.

My pick: 1. Brandon 2. Jeanine 3. Kayla 4. Evan

Which by the way, I'm tired of Evan's aw shucks shrugs in his dances.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3626850;
    My random thoughts:
    • I booed my TV when Ade was eliminated. I know many of you are Evan lovers, but I just thought Ade had more technical ability.
    • I like Kayla much more than I did initially, she has really grown on me.
    • I did not like that opening routine. I do not like the song, and I think all clowns are profoundly creepy - even when they dance well!!
    • I loved seeing all of the old routines except the Tyce one. I am surprised it got an Emmy nod.
    • Did Katie dance the original Mercy number with Twitch?? I could have sworn it was the tall girl with the short blonde hair that he was partnered with for a lot of the season.

To answer the bolded question - yes, Katee did.

I was also surprised that none of the Katee/Josh routines were nominated, there were so many really good ones.

FORT Newbie

I am glad Kayla is staying for final four. Seeing the old competitors just highlighted for me the lack of personality this season though.
    Why is the rest of this forum locked?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3626850;
    My random thoughts:
    • I booed my TV when Ade was eliminated. I know many of you are Evan lovers, but I just thought Ade had more technical ability.
    I think that the body that Ade has makes it easier for him to appear like he has more technical ability. With his height and his muscle, he makes just about anything look good. Same with Kayla, she moves an inch and people fawn over her. So because of the body Evan has, he has to work much harder to make what he does look good. If you see in the first guys routine of last night, he was absolutely great and was at par with the other two guys. I loved that routine!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3627073;
    I am glad Kayla is staying for final four. Seeing the old competitors just highlighted for me the lack of personality this season though.
    Why is the rest of this forum locked?
    The other threads are locked while the show is live somewhere in the country to prevent spoiler leakage. They will reopen early tomorrow morning. In the meantime keep posting in this space.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-31-2009 at 12:01 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3626846;
    I'm happy..I don't care if Evan wins I just wanted to see him to the finale..gives me a reason to watch..and I'm not no granny from the Midwest
    Evan being in the finale was my utmost wish,
    I'm so thrilled that he made it and even though he might have a bit less technical ability than Brandon who is technical perfection anyway so pretty much everyone is beneath him in that category. I feel Evan is something special (I'll always remember the first jazz routine he did with Randi, sighh. lol!) and is actually getting stronger now. It's not as big a deal if he doesn't win, even though I would be pretty ecstatic if he did win. Based on technical ability and adapting to every style, Brandon should win, based on the love for the underdog and rooting for that unique not typically perfect guy, and based on story and personality as well, I would be just as happy if Evan won it all. His chances are high since his fan base is huge! I included lol.
    So I'm still going to fight for him and root for him.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3626852;
    Nor do I; she's an exquisite dancer. I loved Melissa because I adore ballet, but she was less willing to adapt to change in style or partner as the others. And I did not feel that whichever J is still here is as good as the J that went home last week.

I do think Brandon may be a tad better than Evan, but Ade was not as good as either of them. He had a few really great moments and some very weak ones. I'm sure he'll have the great career he deserves. This show opens up opportunities for the really good dancers whether or not they win.
    Yeah, Ade... sometimes he's really good and other times, like when he does ballroom or salsa type dances, they just don't work. I think Evan has done a fine job during this competition and I was so excited when he went into the finals! I hate it when people really rag on Evan and say how much worse he is than other dancers, it's totally untrue! This is the top 20 and they're all going to be good in some way. I think Evan really proved himself in that guys routine last night and I always thought he was a strong dancer from the start. So he might not have that amazing body the others do, that's the only thing that gives the illusion of weaker dancing, which is totally bogus. He works with what he's got, and you know what, he's brilliant.

FORT Fogey

I have to say this about Brandon: In that contemporary number last night, he owned that character. He had gravitas. I believed that he could hold on to Kayla, and that as much as she tried she couldn't walk away. And he did it without coming across as abusive (a la Twitch in Mercy). He just had that strength that you believed a woman would make compromises to keep. And all this from a guy that is usually bouncy and happy, all "kittens and bunnies" as he said last week. I was impressed.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3626928;
    I agree 100%. Brandon should absolutely win. He is magnificent! I am very torn between Kayla and Jeanine for 2nd place; I really love them both, although I would agree that Kayla has a slight edge over Jeanine. Evan is way, way below the other three.
    let's hope that America's favorite dancer is not the least talented dancer of those that remain.

+ Reply to Thread