+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3625921;
    .... I miss Dan Karaty.

I loved him on the panel, he was the best judge IMO. We need Dan back, and pronto!

Last week, I read a pretty revealing story behind the contemporary number this week. I didn't really want to say anything since I don't know if it's true. But if it is true, then this show is more manipulative than we all thought.

So this week, Brandon and Janette were supposed to be paired again, and one of their routines would be a Mia Michaels contemporary. It would have completed the storyline of poor little Brandon getting picked on by nasty old Mia. But since Janette was voted off last week, Mia was outraged. She had this incredible number for the both of them, but since Janette was supposed to be part of the package also (remember, Mia did say that Janette was her favorite dancer), she refused to do the contemporary dance for whoever Brandon was paired with. Stacey Tookey came to replace her.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just reporting what I read. It was on another forum, and if y'all want actual proof, I would try to find it again. But it was last week when I read it, when spoilers were coming out for the Top6 performance show. I would have to go through a lot of posts to find it again.

I really hope it's untrue, because if it really is true, then that means that the show has control over everything. They have control on who gets paired, what dances the pairs get, etc etc.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

^ Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that were true.

Ya know -- seriously... I loved both group routine. I really am becoming a Sonya fan!! She's just so full-of-life. She makes people excited. I love her fist pumping everytime the dancers are done with her routine. lol. I find it really endering, and if I was the dancer, I would be happy to see that reaction from her. lol.

Anyways... I love the uniqueness of her routines. Gah! I really never dislike any of her routines. The guys routine was really, really out of the world. I can see some Willy Wonka bit being applied into the dance. lol. Evan was really amazing in that piece... He really did keep up with Ade and Brandon. I really didn't realise the fact that Brandon is real short, just a BIT taller than Evan, but because he's built, he seems tall to me. lol. The back flip wasn't really perfect. Brandon kinda ruin that moment for me as he kinda lose his balance a bit.

As for the girls routine... I really, really, really enjoyed it. It was real amusing to have seen them doing the superheroes pose every now and then (ya know putting fist on thie hips ). I love the chemistry these three girls have there, though I really think Kayla outshone the other two, because (a) she has been given better move and (b) because she has the best lines out of the three girls. I like Jeanine, but I'm not crazy about her lines. lol. Melissa is just not aggressive enough, for me. What I love about Sonya's routine is the fact that she always put in the dancers on their toe. hahaha. and the brief stop every now and then.

As for the couple dance. I think the best is Brandon and Kayla. Kayla has the best lines, seriously. The contemporary piece is just amazing. This Stacy girl is brilliant... I loved her "strangers in love" routine that Jonathan and Karla did weeks back... and I love the new one with Kayla and Brandon. I love Doriana's routines, but she seriously need to stop giving the dancers really, really fast moves. I mean, really... It seems like they're really focusing on which step they'll do next instead of just making it seem effortless and real fun. They're like doing a marathon instead of dancing. The moves are good, and no doubt that she's the best disco chreographer, but really... I don't think disco is about being fast. I've seen some movies with disco and it's not really about being fast. John Travolta disco seemed more relax... lol.

The other couples... I really wasn't into them this week... Melissa and Evan are so wrong for each other. lol. As for the solo... My favorite is still Evan's. So fun and full of character. Brandon's solo is real powerful too. He has great lines... and some of the moves... I remember him doing it during his audition. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3627929;
    I really hope it's untrue, because if it really is true, then that means that the show has control over everything. They have control on who gets paired, what dances the pairs get, etc etc.
    well....dang. I believe it.
    Seriously, are we supposed to believe that Melissa JUST HAPPENED to get a pas de deux this season? and that Kayla just happened to be loaded with contemp/jazz/lyrical dances?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I missed the show when it aired. I tried to watch on youtube but the constantly pulled uploads or muted the sound. Aaarg! That was very frustrating. So, I didn't get to really feel the flow of the show or the routines. All I can say is I was not impressed with the routines and choreography. I think I liked Brandon and Kayla's contemporary love piece. I did not like either of the group dances. I don't know. I guess I miss Janette. She was my favorite female dancer, I think. I don't know what happened. I missed that weeks show too.

I really think Brandon is the best technical male dancer and I guess _________ is the best female dancer at this point. I don't know. I guess I really don't care who wins at this point. They all hold there own in their on way.

I would need a recap of the Top 10 to sort through the girls. I always paid attention to Janette. Kayla I didn't even know who she was by name. So. (((shrug)))

+ Reply to Thread