+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3624659;
    Even though I think the judges DID throw Melissa under the bus, based on her dancing last night, it is her time to go. I'm getting the definite feeling that she's most comfortable with Ade and no one else. Zero chemistry with Evan.

I think it is Ade's time to go also. His solos are a hot mess and his partner work with anyone but Melissa just isn't strong.

Evan stepped up last night - good for him! Brandon's solo was jaw-dropping.

Kayla and Jeanine will be F2 for the girls. Should have been the J&J show. ah well.
    I totally agree, I think Evan's really working hard now that it's down to the wire. I've loved him from the start though .
    BRANDON AND EVAN IN THE FINALE! That's my wish anyway. I just can't see Ade in the finale, honestly. He isn't memorable... Brandon is tho. Ade's movement is kind of heavy, probably because he's really tall and muscular? Brandon's more fast and quick and also muscular, his movement is perfect.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3624937;
    I went back and rewatched the show and while the judges did compliment Melissa, it seemed they went out of their way to gush over Kayla (big surprise) and made sure Jeanine was recognized for her efforts in the samba (plus they LOVED the HH). In retrospect, while all of the girls got great remarks, Melissa's ended up seeming less at the end of the night to me. No bus therefore, but maybe the short end of the stick??
    I think it's more of a throw under the bus vibe that people are getting from the judges for Melissa. I felt it too. I do agree with you that it's more like she's getting the short end of the stick. But I do feel that the judges feel Melissa should probably go before Kayla.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia;3624970;
    I'm so glad I was not the only one who thought this. Both Brandon and Kayla seemed to stop for a few beats to get the hand holds right before lifts and twirls and tricks. It really didn't flow for me. I know it was a very fast dance and perhaps that didn't help. But I didn't think it was as fantastic as when Brandon and Jannette did it earlier on in the show, so I didn't know why the judges were all fawning over it. Surely they must have seen some of the static moves in it?
    I feel like they would have fawned over it anyway just because Jason and Kayla were dancing it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3625069;
    I loved the first Brandon disco, but last night I am with the folks who thought it was do a trick, run do another trick, there was no real flow. I lived through the Disco dance period and usually there was flow between the tricks with some partner dancing, not just trick, trick, trick. The first disco routine this year did that really well. (Remember the Saturday Night Fever dances...?)
    Haha, I said something similar to that. I was like, I want Saturday Night Fever, not a routine acrobatics routine, sigh. It lacked flow and it didn't have enough dance in it for sure.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mtlgirl31;3625090;
    ok the constant overpraising of the judges and the favoristism over kayla make me sick!!! I'ven been sick of it since the beginning of the show and i cant believe that she will make it to the finale and that we will hear another round of praising by all the judges next week at the finale I strongly believe that Jeanine is as technically good(or even better) than Kayla so I don't understand why she always has to be in the middle in every group choreagraphy and get to do the hardest and longest solo parts in the group dance last night. Week after week i can see her head and ego getting bigger because of the judges telling her how talented and "perfect" and beautiful she is. We've seen so many female dancers in the past seasons who were way stronger and memorable and they didnt get that treatment.
    Well, Kayla has this tall proportionate body and it just looks nicer due to her height and proportions. She is also like a tall blond barbie doll and that just looks good on stage I guess... It's not her fault. She's also pretty as well... Jeanine's shorter and is not typically or physically perfect so it doesn't look as stunning to the judges.... OF course Jeanine has the talent and technique Kayla does, she just doesn't have the body that Kayla does. Maybe the judges think people would rather watch her than anyone else?

FORT Fogey

Melissa's concern about Evan being strong enough to lift her struck me as odd until I realized she's only danced with the strongest guys in the competition: Ade and Brandon! No wonder she was having partner trust issues.

After watching last night, and I agree Top 6 is usually the best show (not this time), Brandon is the clear winner. He's the only guy that can completely become his character every single time. Evan can't do sexy, and Ade is very self-contained. Brandon also brings it in group, partner, or solo dances. He's the only one that can hit all three areas of any of the dancers left: guys or girls.

Brandon FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by kasprzakara;3625688;
    Well, Kayla has this tall proportionate body and it just looks nicer due to her height and proportions. She is also like a tall blond barbie doll and that just looks good on stage I guess... It's not her fault. She's also pretty as well...
    This is completely superficial, but it occurred to me in the last few weeks that one of the things that I like about Kayla's look is that she has not done anything to alter her pale skin. No tanning beds, spray tan, etc. As a fair-skinned person myself, I find it refreshing that someone has decided to just stick with that look rather than try to conform with the societal "norm".

I say, just ignore the "jidges." Well, don't outright ignore them, since they might say something knowledgeable and might actually critique the dancers. But some people form opinions on these dancers just based on their comments, good or bad. You guys know me, I love it when the dancers gain votes just based on their dance ability. But heck, even the contestants' personalities are more important than what the judges say about them.

I can't believe I am saying this, but.... I miss Dan Karaty. Oh wow, I hated him before. There was just something I couldn't stand. But now, I'm missing his presence on the panel. He was never over-the-top, and he always had actual critiques for the dancers. And I'm even missing his choreography. I may be alone in this, but I loved the "Naughty Cheerleader" piece he did. The HH is lacking this season; it's so lacking that the "jidges" even went on to praise Ade/Jeanine's HH last night, which would have been a mediocre HH if it were on any other season. Now that Dan has taken a break this whole season, I'm sure he can pull out all the stops to create a great HH number.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

I need to youtube the naughty cheerleader! I remember LOVING it. The HH from N/T is soooo boring. Anyway, Brandon should take it all. Hands down. I guess I am the only Non-Jeannine fan and really love Kayla. Oh well. I thought Janette was way better and should have stayed as well. Jeannine is too heavy on the feet for me. Kayla and Melissa have a flow that J just can't do.

FORT Fogey

Evan and Melissa should go. Both are sweet as can be and vg dancers but not nearly as good as the other 4. And while show would prob love a female winner it should be Brandon this year. He's by far the best of all.

+ Reply to Thread