+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

ok the constant overpraising of the judges and the favoristism over kayla make me sick!!! I'ven been sick of it since the beginning of the show and i cant believe that she will make it to the finale and that we will hear another round of praising by all the judges next week at the finale I strongly believe that Jeanine is as technically good(or even better) than Kayla so I don't understand why she always has to be in the middle in every group choreagraphy and get to do the hardest and longest solo parts in the group dance last night. Week after week i can see her head and ego getting bigger because of the judges telling her how talented and "perfect" and beautiful she is. We've seen so many female dancers in the past seasons who were way stronger and memorable and they didnt get that treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3623840;
    Despite what Mary says (except for the samba roll critique), I liked that.

Glad to see Ade took the pick out of his hair for this number.

Liked Louis' choreography and the costumes, too.
    Yes, I cannot stand that darn pick Ade's got in his hair, why does he have to wear it all the time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3623969;
    I thought Nigel's comment after the hiphop was such a downer and so not necessary. Hey maybe your wife (and her divorce attorney) wouldnt be so tough if you hadnt cheated on her with Priscilla Presley.
    Nigel had an affair with Priscilla Presley, recently? I thought she was living with her boyfriend, the man she had her son with.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3625069;
    (Remember the Saturday Night Fever dances...?)
    Remember them? I spent hours teaching them to myself in my living room, which isn't easy when you're tethered by the head by gigantic, coiled-cord headphones to the record player.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3624069;
    Superheros! Storm, Wonder Woman, and Buttercup [?] Jeanine whacks Kayla by "mistake".
    Not quite as together as the guys. Also not really all that inventive an number in using the three girls. They mostly danced in a triangle formation. It was fun, though. Just not amazing.
    Buttercup was one of the PowerPuff Girls (Photos from The Powerpuff Girls). I thought it was an odd choice to go with Storm and Wonder Woman in Sonya's list, but my older kids happened to be cartoon-watching-age when The PowerPuff Girls was originally airing.

Regarding the remaining dancers:
    Brandon - I think he is definitely the best dancer on this show and I hope he wins the whole thing. I was not a big fan of the disco last night, as other posters have mentioned it was just too frantic and stop-and-go for me.

Ade - I still like Ade, but he is definitely a more low-key personality. I think he is a very strong partner in most dances, but ballroom is definitely his weakness.

Evan - I still like his personality, but I think he is absolutely the weakest of the guys that are left. I saw some previous comments about him doing well in the guys group routine, but I did not see that. I thought that group routine highlighted that he is lacking in comparison to Brandon and Ade.

Janine - She seems nice and she has been doing a pretty good job. I was also completely creeped out by Nigel's comment to her after the girls group number. I was surprised the wardrobe people would put her in that outfit at all!! She is my second fav of the girls right now.

Kayla - Kayla has actually surpassed Janine now as my favorite girl. I hae not been a fan of her in the past, but her performances in the last few weeks: addiction, zombie hip-hop, and mistress have won me over. I thought she did a wonderful job portraying the character of those routines as well as dancing them well. However, I still think she should end up second to Brandon in the finale.

Melissa - I have not cared for her dancing when she has been paired with anyone but Ade. She has done well in the contemporary-type numbers, but I don't think she has been all that great in ballroom, and I was unimpressed with her last night. Her solos are also meh for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlgirl31;3625090;
    ok the constant overpraising of the judges and the favoristism over kayla make me sick!!! I'ven been sick of it since the beginning of the show and i cant believe that she will make it to the finale and that we will hear another round of praising by all the judges next week at the finale I strongly believe that Jeanine is as technically good(or even better) than Kayla so I don't understand why she always has to be in the middle in every group choreagraphy and get to do the hardest and longest solo parts in the group dance last night. Week after week i can see her head and ego getting bigger because of the judges telling her how talented and "perfect" and beautiful she is. We've seen so many female dancers in the past seasons who were way stronger and memorable and they didnt get that treatment.
    I agree, it annoys me too.

The judges are just so out of line this season. Lil C' takes everything too far and ends up using incorrect words and phrases for the sake of verboseness, Mary tests my sanity with her incessant screaming and Nigel is a disgusting pig who constantly comments on young womens' breasts and legs!

Let's recall some of their missteps:
    Mary- screaming, babbling, absent-minded (oh, i forgot to critique you in the last dance). Doesn't she get paid for this gig for goodness sakes?
    Nigel-where to begin? He has assaulted people on numerous occasions for their physical attributes (Evan's face? That was absolutely uncalled for; Chelsie's body in general (almost every show he said something about her legs); Jeanine's breasts (you can't 'tie up' talent (in regards to the tie up front section holding in her chest, obvious insinuation given previous comment and his staring))). He is also rude and often condescending (he often tells the audience and his fellow peers to "oh shut up," which could be excused as funny, except for the time during auditions when he turned and snapped at Kayla's grandparents to "shut up.") That, IMO, is over the line.

These are the two permanent judges and they are supposed to be professional sources for the audience to use as tools in the voting process. Instead, they have two ignorant monkeys acting like spoiled children who can't act appropriately. If Nigel told me to shut up or said my face was 'not right' I would slap him off his chair straight on to his pompous ass.

These people are supposed to be professionals; instead, they are nuisances that interfere with my/our enjoyment of these talented dancers. At this point, I would be willing to take Ellen back, not because she professes to be any kind of expert, but because she can act like a normal human being and adds to the show as a whole (unlike our current excuses for judges).

Okay, I'm done. Thanks for the indulgence!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3625414;
    The judges are just so out of line this season. Lil C' takes everything too far and ends up using incorrect words and phrases for the sake of verboseness, Mary tests my sanity with her incessant screaming and Nigel is a disgusting pig who constantly comments on young womens' breasts and legs!
    I forgot to comment on Lil C when I posted. He annoys me more and more. He seems to think that using big words will make him sound smart and insightful regardless of the order he puts them in. The fancy words still have to be strung together in a coherent sentence in order for people to understand what the heck you are talking about!!

I can't even comment on Mary and Nigel. For me they both have their positives and negatives, but I don't think they are going anywhere so I try not to dwell on them too much...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't imagine anyone other than Brandon winning this competition. Ade does well when he dances in a group or with another person, but his solos are just too manic (for me). Kayla, while she does have beautiful lines does not compare with Brandon, who brings so much more to the stage.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3625589;
    I can't imagine anyone other than Brandon winning this competition. Ade does well when he dances in a group or with another person, but his solos are just too manic (for me). Kayla, while she does have beautiful lines does not compare with Brandon, who brings so much more to the stage.
    I agree. Last week I would have said that Jeanette and Brandon would be top guy and girl. Now, there's just Brandon. Though I would be very happy to see Brandon, Evan, Jeanine, and Kayla in the finale.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3625213;
    Remember them? I spent hours teaching them to myself in my living room, which isn't easy when you're tethered by the head by gigantic, coiled-cord headphones to the record player.
    Oh - forgot about the gigantic headphones...we did not have them with our record player - my folks just had to deal with the volume and dancing in the living room ;-)

+ Reply to Thread