+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Evan didn't shine in the broadway for me, for whatever reason. But he did, however, shine in the Sonya routine. I'm surprised that no one has brought that up. There was only that one little time where it looked like he toppled on Ade's back, but that's it. He did well in that dance. He didn't do that well last week with Janette in the Sonya piece last week, so this one took me by surprise a bit. If it had to be between Evan and Ade for a spot in the Top4 (because we all know that Brandon is making it), I would actually go with Evan. He did well this week. Oh sweet irony.

And speaking of Evan, I just read a post in this thread that supported my thoughts last week of the varying reasons of why Evan makes it through each week in addition to his dancing skills. But I won't quote anyone, because I don't want to start up that conversation again. I just wanted to prove that I really wasn't making things up in thin air.

I liked the Superhero dance more than the Willy Wonka dance. They were both good though.

Tonight's disco was on par with Brandon/Janette's IMO. J/B's had some moments where the unison was off, where the unison for this one was definitely better. B/K got a little tired at the end, but Janette did also trip. So pretty much they were on the same level of awesomeness. But I'm biased, because I never hated disco as much as everyone else. In fact, I actually enjoy Doriana's choreography.

Oh, and I loved seeing Doriana so happy. I love it when the choreographers get so overcome with emotion like that.

Talia next week! So excited. She was the winner of the second season of the Australian version, and part of the prize was a dance on the finale of this show. If you want to see a sneak peak, search "talia love story" on YouTube. (btw, you'll see the choreographer for that piece well-up with emotion; that's the kind of emotion I love to see).

Oh dangit, I forgot that I'm taking a trip all next week, so I'm missing the finale. Bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3623853;
    BTW, SYTYCD Season Six premieres right before Glee on September 9.
    Yessss! That line-up of premieres is going to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3623951;
    I'm feeling "meh."

But I'm really thinking it's me.

I think I might be expecting too much.
    Oh no no no. No way at all are you alone in this. I've already complained about this season in the thread you created about past seasons vs. this season. This season is the worst season yet IMO. My biggest complaint isn't the choregraphy (even though it is a big complaint of mine); the thing I hate the most is that the chemistry is really off with this season. Not many of the Top20 couples could find that connection.

And tonight's show really wasn't anything to write home about. And usually, the Top6 shows are amazing. Just another reason why this season is the worst yet.

The one thing that I will say about this season is that I love how close this competition is. But looking at it in another perspective, there really aren't many standouts, which is probably why this season is so close. I mean, yeah, I like both Kayla and Jeanine, but I don't love them on the level that I did with Katee last year.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-30-2009 at 03:13 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Even though I think the judges DID throw Melissa under the bus, based on her dancing last night, it is her time to go. I'm getting the definite feeling that she's most comfortable with Ade and no one else. Zero chemistry with Evan.

I think it is Ade's time to go also. His solos are a hot mess and his partner work with anyone but Melissa just isn't strong.

Evan stepped up last night - good for him! Brandon's solo was jaw-dropping.

Kayla and Jeanine will be F2 for the girls. Should have been the J&J show. ah well.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fan

And speaking of Evan, I just read a post in this thread that supported my thoughts last week of the varying reasons of why Evan makes it through each week in addition to his dancing skills. But I won't quote anyone, because I don't want to start up that conversation again. I just wanted to prove that I really wasn't making things up in thin air.
    If you are thinking of the same thing I saw, they ALL have hometown fans that support them simply because they are from the same town/state.

I wish the judges would critique the dances without telling the voters what to do. Yes, I know they do the same thing on AI and other shows like this. But I find it really annoying when they make comments that deliberately throw some contestants under the bus. It was so obvious last night that they wanted Melissa gone. And they did the same thing, to a lesser extent, with both Evan and Ade. If they'd just tell me what was actually wrong with Melissa's dancing, instead, they'd have a much better chance of convincing me not to vote for her.

I hope Ade goes tonight. I'd actually love to see Melissa stay, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Hoping for Evan, Brandon, Kayla, and Jeanine in the final four, but I still miss Janette. Happy with whatever the outcome is, though...unlike the Bachelorette...slapping self... let it go, let it go........:nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by donnandale;3624565;
    I thought Mary and Nigel threw Melissa under the bus before the show even began. They commented that America needs to vote for how they have danced ALL season, not just for one fabulous coreographed routine tonight. They said that just after talking about how Jeanette should not have gone home. I thought that was very tacky and I hope Melissa is safe just to spite them!
    I am not seeing the treadmarks all over Melissa. How could that opening remark be directed at Melissa? There wasn't a fabulous routine tonight for voters to "ignore" - or if there was, Melissa sure wasn't in it. She could only benefit by viewers thinking back to last week.

And their remarks to her personally were either positive, or the blame was shared with her partner:

Broadway
    Lil C: Melissa was lovely (Evan not so much)
    Mary: "Get me to the finale on time!"
    Nigel: He's seen a lot of the Season 6 ballet girls who aren't as versatile as Melissa.

Quickstep
    Lil C: Melissa was lovely (Evan not so much)
    Mary & Nigel: Routine started well, then ran out of steam.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3624199;
    I just reread this post I made and I want to clarify that the "remark" I'm talking about is Nigel's quip about his divoice. I was not criticizing aelinora's comment. I apologize that my sloppy grammar made it sound like a put down of aelinora's post.
    Allow me to follow up by saying that I was not speaking about aelinora's post, in particular...just women and men, in general.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think anyone was making anything up, I don't care how many people say it, I don't think you can say why the majority of people are voting for someone unless you know the majority of people that are voting

I must have watched a different show cause I thought the judges raved about Melissa
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I went back and rewatched the show and while the judges did compliment Melissa, it seemed they went out of their way to gush over Kayla (big surprise) and made sure Jeanine was recognized for her efforts in the samba (plus they LOVED the HH). In retrospect, while all of the girls got great remarks, Melissa's ended up seeming less at the end of the night to me. No bus therefore, but maybe the short end of the stick??
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3624031;
    Disco...

Looked like a lot of "stop and now do this trick" going on.

Gads. I'm so critical tonight...
    I'm so glad I was not the only one who thought this. Both Brandon and Kayla seemed to stop for a few beats to get the hand holds right before lifts and twirls and tricks. It really didn't flow for me. I know it was a very fast dance and perhaps that didn't help. But I didn't think it was as fantastic as when Brandon and Jannette did it earlier on in the show, so I didn't know why the judges were all fawning over it. Surely they must have seen some of the static moves in it?
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

FORT Fogey

I loved the first Brandon disco, but last night I am with the folks who thought it was do a trick, run do another trick, there was no real flow. I lived through the Disco dance period and usually there was flow between the tricks with some partner dancing, not just trick, trick, trick. The first disco routine this year did that really well. (Remember the Saturday Night Fever dances...?)

+ Reply to Thread