+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I thought that was Brandon's solo from his audition. I love the army-type crawl with his legs spread straight out - amazing!

I vote for Jeanine & Brandon many times!!

Brandon & Kayla's contemporary routine - I love that Canadian choreographer. But I actually agreed with Nigel that there could have been more chemistry... otherwise, it was FANTASTIC! But I think the contemporary routines tend to have an advantage... they're almost always the ones that stick out for me, that WOW everyone, win Emmy's and are remembered years after...

And yes, Nigel totally grossed me out with his comment about Jeanine's "assets" after the superhero number.

Also, for the most part, I think I was underwhelmed with this episode b/c of the choreography... I have really high expectations and maybe I'm wrong... just my opinion.
    Love me some SYTYCD All-Stars!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3623859;
    YAY! I am really looking forward to Glee also .
    Can't wait to see Ryan Kasprzak!!
    He seems like a real fighter and I love his personality. REPRESENT the tap dancers woot!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3624134;
    I'm sorry, but their [the judges] favoritism is so blatant it's unbelievable. They are also increasingly loud, annoying, and inappropriate. Let me count the ways...
    Oh, lordy, a word of advice: don't ever watch American Idol. You won't last a week with that table of wackos. Nigel & Company actually mix in intelligent comments with the shenanigans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kasprzakara;3624271;
    Can't wait to see Ryan Kasprzak!!
    He seems like a real fighter and I love his personality. REPRESENT the tap dancers woot!
    I'd love to see Evan do a pure tap solo. Maye next week?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3623874;
    <-- inwardly grumbling

Finally. Evan gets his chance at real Broadway.

And they put them in barefeet.

I don't care WHAT kind of dance it is - if it's NOT contemporary/lyrical, it's not going to look hard-hitting without freaking SHOES.

I'm disappointed. It could have rocked. It was just OK for me. And it pains me to say that.
    The choreography I thought was okay. I wish it was more energetic and moving around more. And Evan barefoot and those shorts were kind of distracting lol!!
    I think they did well... it just wasn't my favourite routine i've seen from Evan. I still think he should be in the finale with Brandon, so keep voting for him people! I'll never give up on him, just like Ryan never gives up on him.

GET RYAN TO DO SOME CHOREO FOR THE SHOW WHY DON'T CHA LOL!! Well, hopefully for season 6 he'll be dancing and season 7, he'd be choreographing, wouldn't that be awesome! I know. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3624005;
    I see what you're saying. They DID look like they were the exact same height, Evan and Brandon, to me.

The only thing I can think of is that Brandon carries himself in such a commanding, or striking manner all of the time, or most of it, anyway. whereas I don't seem to get that same presence, or vibe, from Evan.
    True....also body proportion makes a difference in perception of their height. Evan has disproportionately shorter legs, and this makes him appear shorter.
    Last edited by JenCos; 07-30-2009 at 12:21 AM.

FORT Fogey

It was ridiculous during the girls routine that Melissa was relegated to the back. They are doing everything to get her out. I think she is gracious, beautiful, and one heck of a dancer. It is harder to go from ballet to the other styles way more than anything other than maybe Evan's style. The judges made me so sick tonight. Lil C did not seem to know what was going on, Nigel took it to another gross level. I hate to say it, but Mary seemed the most on target tonight.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3624023;
    I can't remember..they continue to send one from each sex hom till the end? I guess they kind of have to..how does it work as far as sending someone home from here on out?
    Next week is the finale, top 2 girls and top 2 guys dance. Each guy dances with each girl, the 2 girls dance together, and the 2 guys dance together (3 dances for each contestant) and they usually do a group number as well, so 4 dances, and there might be solos as well, so potentially 5 dances each. Based on last year's show, they will be very tired but they always get through it.

The finale goes from top 4 to 1 all in one show, the final show on thursday. And that's it. It's over.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3624031;
    Disco...

Looked like a lot of "stop and now do this trick" going on.

Gads. I'm so critical tonight...
    I absolutely agree with you. There was no flow and not enough dancing!
    Nothing like the disco with Janette and Brandon from earlier on in the show.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3624069;
    Girls Group by Sonya
    Superheros! Storm, Wonder Woman, and Buttercup [?] Jeanine whacks Kayla by "mistake".
    Not quite as together as the guys. Also not really all that inventive an number in using the three girls. They mostly danced in a triangle formation. It was fun, though. Just not amazing.
    Yeah.. I thought it would be way cooler than it actually was. More like superheroes lol. I was thinking get some harnesses and lets see them fly around the stage lol!! Or more classic superhero moves and jumps would have made it more exciting.

This whole night was kind of disappointing...
    None of the choreography was all that memorable

+ Reply to Thread