+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 7/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

For me, Brandon #1, Jeanine or Kayla #2....preferably Jeanine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't care who is eliminated for the guys because none of them really stand out at all. As for the girls, Melissa has worn out her welcome and really needs to go.

FORT Fan

For me--even though Evan is my favorite and has been the whole show, I do think the BEST dancer is Brandon.
    Second is Jeannine. Third Evan.
    Kayla is a strong dancer but I don't get personality with her dancing. So she
    is 4th with me.
    Melissa 5th and Ade 6th.
    Will be interesting tomorrow to see how much the judges influence
    people or not.

FORT Fan

I haven't read any of the other posts yet. I missed the first half of the show - I'll have to catch it later. But I saw the Quickstep, the Hip Hop, and the Disco, as well as some of the solos and the ladies' group dance. And I have to say, the judges on this show make me absolutely sick.

I'm sorry, but their favoritism is so blatant it's unbelievable. They are also increasingly loud, annoying, and inappropriate. Let me count the ways.

First, Brandon's solo. Yes, I thought it was great. Yes, I think he will probably win the whole thing, and he should. But why did Nigel get up and say it was the best solo ever on the show? When normally the solos are not commented upon? Is that fair to all the other dancers?

Second, the girls' dance. I thought they were all good, and the dance was neat. But why did Kayla get to be in the center most of the time and have special moves? And if I'm not dreaming, Janine did a little solo bit as well, but Melissa got nothing. And Nigel's comments about Janine's breasts were disgusting.

Third, the pairs dances. I thought all of them were good, but not necessarily great. I'd say the disco was the best of the three. But I saw good and bad in all of them. I thought the quickstep flowed well, they moved quickly and made up for the height difference well. The last lift was really good. But it definitely could have had more energy. I didn't like the hip hop at all. I thought they danced it well, but all those stupid boxes were just in the way, and it actually seemed as though they might have tripped on them a couple times. I don't like disco, but I thought the dance was good, and very energetic. But there was at least one lift that was really awkward looking. Nigel jumping out of his seat and cavorting around and Mary's screaming over Brandon and Kayla was WAY over the top. Even if they were the best of the three pairs in the second half, they were not good enough to warrant that. Nor were Melissa and Evan bad enough to warrant Nigel's saying that the fans need to think about who to send home this week. Gee, do you think Nigel has a favorite?

Finally, the judges. I used to get a kick out of Mary, but now I think she's just plain crazy. I didn't understand a word that came out of Lil C's mouth, and clearly the dancers didn't either. And I don't know if Nigel was drunk tonight or what, but he was way out there. I'm really ticked off right now, and just had to put in my (very long) 2 cents.

FORT Fogey

Brandon had a great night with Kayla: That sexy and emotional contemporary routine followed by the driving and athletic disco. But the solo really sailed him up to the top of the heap in my book. That was actually the highlight of the evening for me.

Kayla and Jeanine were equally solid for me. But Melissa lagged behind partner Evan in both of their numbers.

Evan had his best night in over a month, with lively Broadway and a snazzy quick step. Ade kind of flattened out a bit - good hip-hop, good solo, though weak samba. But Ade's biggest problem is that Brandon did so well. I think after last week (and Brandon's appearance in the bottom two) fans realize that they have to choose one or the other. And I think people will go for Brandon over Ade, and that will sink Ade. It won't affect Evan; he has a separate fan base.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3624009;
    Jeanine Solo Feedback by Janet Jackson
    Sexy number with some nice moves.
    It might just be me, but I feel like her solos are always the same. She never does anything new and there is a lot of her just standing there kind of groping her body and little dancing. Tonight was no different.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3624062;
    <-- I don't hate disco, but I really thought I was seeing a lot of "run!DoThisMove!Shiimmy!DoThis Trick!Run!DoAnotherTrick!!"
    Seconded! I felt the same way.

FORT Fogey

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aelinora
    I thought Nigel's comment after the hiphop was such a downer and so not necessary. Hey maybe your wife (and her divorce attorney) wouldnt be so tough if you hadnt cheated on her with Priscilla Presley.

Nigel's PR person has got to be flipping out right now.

I'm not going to rag on someone's personal life when I don't know the details. But a remark like that is just tacky. I prefer when people take the high road.
    I just reread this post I made and I want to clarify that the "remark" I'm talking about is Nigel's quip about his divoice. I was not criticizing aelinora's comment. I apologize that my sloppy grammar made it sound like a put down of aelinora's post.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-29-2009 at 11:45 PM.

At the beginning of this season....I had very high hopes for what I'd see and experience.
    However, with this top 6 I find that I am overall underwhelmed.
    The last few weeks have been boring, with only a few dances all season standing out. (Phillip and Jeannine's first hip-hop dance, Randi and Evan's "butt" dance, and the OMG!! TERRIFIC Jason and Jeannine dancing Travis Wall's choreography )

The only routine worth re-watching tonight was the guys performance that opened the show. And Sonya is not really my type of choreographer, but wasn't she the one that did the addict dance with Kayla and Kupono?? That one was also one of the few stand-outs for me this season.

Anyway....I am voting for Evan for a few reasons.
    One...he's a home-town boy and I gotta support him!!
    Two....he's had to fight his way through this competition because of his height disadvantage (even though Brandon is seemingly the same height) and the judges taking every opportunity to dismiss his talent, IMO.

My second fave is hands-down Jeannine. Man that girl is awesome.

I hope Melissa and Ade go home tomorrow. Their routine last week was beautiful, but I think it was overshadowed by the "theme".
    Ade has bothered me since he was allowed to wear a politically themed t-shirt on one of the results shows. I didn't think it was appropriate.

Brandon's solo was what he auditioned with...and it's still fantastic. What a body that guy has!

With all that being said...I hope Benji comes back next week for the finale. Lurve him big time!!

Forgot to say that I thought Kayla's part of the disco routine was lumbering and sloppy.

AND...Nigel's comment to Jeannine about not keeping talent tied down, obviously referring to her breasts, was slimey and very low for a judge to say.

What a creep.

+ Reply to Thread