+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Tweets His Fury at Twitters Who Criticize Katie's 'dancing'

FORT Fogey

Re: Nigel Tweets His Fury at Twitters Who Criticize Katie's 'dancing'

I do not understand what all the fuss is about from him. That night generated huge viewship. If the ratings were low, and people were stating they did not tune in because of her fine, but we tuned in, we did not enjoy her as a whole as an audience big deal.

I also agree with a person above when someone donates something that they can clearly live without like Katie and money, it is not that big of a thing. Now if someone who lives life without gives to someone who is even less fortunate than fine, but I will not pat Katie on the back for being in the public eye on a hit show for free sorry Nigel.

FORT Newbie

Its more than Nigel going to a scientology center for a visit. Nigel was in a very long term marriage (she actually was a judge on I think australia's sytycd) and he left her to date a very high profile scientologist, Priscilla Presley. I am not sure if he is still dating her. That might have been, and I am not sure, the connection with him and Katie to begin with.
    I am not surprised that Katie's "performance" (and last time I checked that means she had to have performed, as opposed to taping a routine) is being so vigorously defended by Nigel. Anyone with eyes would be embarrassed by the whole thing, the sad dancing, her weird affect at the end, pretending it was live, pretending it was any good, defensive at criticism.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3616491;
    Nigel was in a very long term marriage ... and he left her to date ...Priscilla Presley.
    Shyeahhh... English Muffin just lost a HUMONGOUS amount of respect from me.

Behavior of this sort just colors a person's entire personality for me. Judgment of dancing may very well not compare to judgment in personal relationships. But for me, that just taints everything he says for me from this point forward.

Gads.

Nigel is the one to blame for the negative comments about Katie Holme's performance. For weeks, he/they hyped up her appearance as being unforgettable, something to look forward to and it was nothing special at all........not even close, very medicore. Thought she sings okay but dancing.....nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3614164;
    Nigel is the first one to say that "(he) expected MORE . . " He expects MORE from the top 8, blah, blah, blah Well WE expected MORE from all the HYPE. My feeling about Katie Holmes' performance was "Wow, I didn't realize that she could sing and dance. . .my conclusion after the performance was "Well, she can't". NIGEL set UP the HUGE expectation himself and he's not man enough to admit it. He's being a spoiled child because he set up his friend and charitable benefactor for a fall. This Englishman misread KH's popularity in this country. He felt we should be awed and honored to see her on our screens. That simply was not the reality. His miscalculation. . . his set up for our expectations.. . HIS FAULT. Just because he needs KH's support and set her up does not make us "children" for criticizing her. He needs to man up and admit it or keep quiet. There is NO WAY that I believe that he honestly believes that her performance provided evidence that she was even a decent song and dance gal. It doesn't necessarily mean that she isn't, but that performance proved NOTHING. Any one of the girls left could have done a much better job and he knows it.

Nigel: WE expected MORE.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3617762;

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read it.
    Exactly, we expected, much, much more!!

FORT Newbie

I thought he was the one who acted like a CHILD when he heard criticism. I think Girlsmom was right on the money about Nigel's expectation about Katie's popularity in the US. The hollywood machine may decide someone will be a star, Scientology can say Tom Cruise is the greatest actor that ever lived, but this is the era of the internet, twitter, facebook, and youtube. The voracious critical public is not stupid, and can decide who they want this generation's stars to be. We dont take being dictated to. And as he loves to point out, this isnt the judges favorite dancer, or the best dancer. This show is about America's favorite dancer. OUR VOTE is the one that counts, not his opinion. I think this is a lesson he should pay attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3618408;
    I thought he was the one who acted like a CHILD when he heard criticism. I think Girlsmom was right on the money about Nigel's expectation about Katie's popularity in the US. The hollywood machine may decide someone will be a star, Scientology can say Tom Cruise is the greatest actor that ever lived, but this is the era of the internet, twitter, facebook, and youtube. The voracious critical public is not stupid, and can decide who they want this generation's stars to be. We dont take being dictated to. And as he loves to point out, this isnt the judges favorite dancer, or the best dancer. This show is about America's favorite dancer. OUR VOTE is the one that counts, not his opinion. I think this is a lesson he should pay attention to.
    I think we sometimes tend to forget that Nigel is actually an outsider to A-List Hollywood (well, a relative newcomer--4 years IN FRONT of the camera instead of just behind it isn't all that long). He's easily impressed by people like Tom Cruise, and maybe a little delusional about the star power of the Tom N' Katie Show, because as gigantic as Idol was, and his role in it, he was always at a bit removed from it--while Cowell took front and center.

He's got major tunnel vision, maybe fed by Scientologist ramblings being fed in one ear.

E!Online had this piece:

So You Think You Can Dance Fans Hating Hard on Katie Holmes - E! Online

I DID think it was hilarious that the likes of Shanna Moakler were getting in the middle of this. I mean, come on. Katie SUCKED, but Moakler is hardly one to talk!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

So who else thinks that Nigel will address this so-called "problem" in the beginning of the show this week?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

If he's smart, he'll leave it alone - period.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast