+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I am not a fan of Kayla at all, but I actually did enjoy her zombie routine with Jason last night, I found it very entertaining and a nice "happiness boost" after the BC dance. I can't quite figure out what it is that I don't like about her. It's not because of the judges, because honestly, I don't really take into consideration what they say, lol. Unless its just a subconscious thing..hmm. For me, it may just be her look..Kayla is a pretty girl, but I much prefer the 'natural' look. And I understand that you need to be confident to be a successful dancer, but something about her just doesn't sit right with me. Sooo, I know its not a competition about looks and attitude, but I'll be honest and say that no matter how good of a dancer she is, she just doesn't appeal to me, and therefore I don't vote for her, or enjoy watching her, really.

Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by tivogirl;3603237;
    I have info from a friend of Tyce's: It's dedicated 2 brave & amazing women fighting later stage breast cancer & their husbands who stand by them throughout it all.

The ending is the man "holding her up, being her strength and her reason to keep fighting."

One of the 2 women is his close friend. The other (or both) are members of FORCE. Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered is a fantastic organization for people with hereditary cancer or have a risk of heredity cancer, like being BRCA positive ("the breast cancer gene mutation"). BRCA mutations greatly increase the risk of ovarian, breast, prostate, melanoma & pancreatic cancers. I'm not allowed yet to post the link of the site w/o approval

He did do a lot of research for the piece and consulted with these women and the founder of FORCE.
    I agree with TopCat a bit. I missed the show and just caught it on Youtube. That piece was so powerful and emotional it really should have been reserved for an opening or results show piece. I'm telling you. I was totally unprepared for that and after 30 minutes I am finally able to function. I was totally floored. Tears were rolling , my nose was running and my heart was aching.

I lost a sister whose husband supported her and in my mind Ade turned into him and Melissa turned into my sis. I just lost my stepmother to breast cancer last month and watched as my father supported her. It was that scarf I think that tore me up the most. I kept watching that scarf whipping around trailwinding the despair and the turmoil. The scarf...the after effects of chemotherapy.

Ade portrayed the strength and support but also emoted the helplessness one feels. I'm tearing up again just typing about it. The dancers execution was flawless and Tyce.... (I'm choking up over here) that piece was choreographed from the heart with love .

Ugggh...I watch SYTYCD too be escape the real world....but right now I am emotionally invested. Dance does have power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011