+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102

Thread: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3601388;
    Like Nigel, I snored. It was a tough draw for them, but even so, they didn't make much of it.

    Once more, I notice the judges don't DARE judge the choreographer. Who the heck PICKED that music, guys? The Invisible Man/Woman?
    I blame this entirely on the choreographer. He/she guides the dancers, they do what he thinks is right.

  2. #92
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3601637;
    I actually liked Evan's solo very much. He's great in that particular style.
    So did I and Jeanine's, Jeanette's. Didn't like Jason's solo, the numbers that he did with his partner were excellent.

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I don't understand why people do not see that Kayla is an excellent dancer (my opinion of course). For me, she is the best this season, hands down. Jeanette is also very good, Melissa too.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey Cornholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3603253;
    Bottom 2's:
    Men: Ade & ? (Jason or Brandon)
    going home: Ade ... only because I think Melissa will be the primary beneficiary of the emotional BC dance (people remember her). Ade was also in the bottom 2 last week.
    Women: Jeanette & Kayla
    this is a toss-up, but at least I am sure that Melissa is safe.


    Thoughts?!?!
    I don't think Melissa's safe....she's been in the bottom already too often. I see her as the most likely girl to go, despite the emotional BC dance?

  5. #95
    FORT Fogey Maybaybie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    946

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I thought Melissa and Ade's piece was beautiful, although I think it would have been a touch better with Kate Bush singing Woman's Work and not whomever was singing it. I feel her version is more haunting and would have gone with the dance a little better.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,005

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Broadway is boring? Not for me, it isn't. It's produced some of the most exciting ensemble dance ever created. Bob Fosse, Gower Champion, Agnes DeMille, Jerome Robbins, boring? I love Broadway, ballet, and ballroom.

    I love many kinds of ethnic folk dance such as Russian, Bollywood, African, and would like to see more of that -- perhaps Polynesian or some other Asian styles. Some lyrical and contemporary routines are wonderful for me, others I don't like at all.

    Though I've seen some enjoyable hip hop dances on this show, if I never saw another one, I wouldn't miss it. I recognize that street dance takes talent, but it does not touch me.

    Dance, like other art forms, is subjective. I think all the remaining dancers are very talented and I can't say I have a favorite this season or that I would be unhappy with a win by any of them. I love Evan's style; he reminds me a lot of Donald O'Connor. I rarely agree with Mia, but she was spot on when she said not every dancer has to be smoldering.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  7. #97
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3603307;
    I don't understand why people do not see that Kayla is an excellent dancer (my opinion of course). For me, she is the best this season, hands down. Jeanette is also very good, Melissa too.
    That's because they don't have great taste like we do graycat.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  8. #98
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3603749;
    Broadway is boring? Not for me, it isn't. It's produced some of the most exciting ensemble dance ever created. Bob Fosse, Gower Champion, Agnes DeMille, Jerome Robbins, boring? I love Broadway, ballet, and ballroom.

    I love many kinds of ethnic folk dance such as Russian, Bollywood, African, and would like to see more of that -- perhaps Polynesian or some other Asian styles. Some lyrical and contemporary routines are wonderful for me, others I don't like at all.

    Though I've seen some enjoyable hip hop dances on this show, if I never saw another one, I wouldn't miss it. I recognize that street dance takes talent, but it does not touch me.

    Dance, like other art forms, is subjective. I think all the remaining dancers are very talented and I can't say I have a favorite this season or that I would be unhappy with a win by any of them. I love Evan's style; he reminds me a lot of Donald O'Connor. I rarely agree with Mia, but she was spot on when she said not every dancer has to be smoldering.
    It's the most boring on the show. Not knocking anything against actual Broadway numbers, but the broadway pieces choreographed for this show aren't the best. There are a few broadway pieces that stand out, but the majority of them are boring. The one last night was decent.

    And HH is disappointing this year. I liked Phillip/Jeanine's piece to Neyo's Mad at the beginning of this season, and I also liked Jason/Kayla's zombie dance. Those are the only two that stand out. I would say the chain one also, but that chain got too distracting for my taste.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3603253;
    Brandon- has NEVER been in the bottom (could indicate very strong base). Of course, this is a double edged sword, as many may think he is 'safe.' Arguably, the second most memorable dance of the evening. Likely to pull some of the younger voters with a hard hip-hop routine (as for the younger girls, they could likely go to Jason as well). *May* resemble Joshua to some voters this season, which could help. Probably the *best* overall dancer on the show. Also, judges have not all gushed over him like they did with Will, which generally turns off voters.
    Evan- seems like he may have the largest fanbase overall. Again, this can help/hurt you, as voters may become complacent. Also, the judges continue to say they want 'more,' which could motivate or discourage some voters. Has been in bottom 3 with partner Randi; could have picked up her voters. Memorable solo, not-so-memorable partnering.
    That's funny that you notice that about Brandon because it seems that no one else does. Kayla isn't the only pimped dancer on this season. She's joined by Janette and Brandon, and Jeanine and Melissa somewhat. But Kayla is the only one getting hammered for it. It happened last year also, with Will. He wasn't the only one that was pimped. Katee was also, and so were Joshua and Twitch (and Chelsie somewhat). But people failed to recognize it. I did also. I only noticed it when the judges kept going on and on about "untrained dancers" towards the end of the season.

    And Evan has never landed in the B3 or B2. He has a huge fanbase; so huge, that it took Randi to the Top10. So I'm expecting him to make the Top4, unless he's the shock boot tonight (since Top8 is always the week with the shocker elimination).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3604251;

    That's funny that you notice that about Brandon because it seems that no one else does. Kayla isn't the only pimped dancer on this season. She's joined by Janette and Brandon, and Jeanine and Melissa somewhat. But Kayla is the only one getting hammered for it. It happened last year also, with Will. He wasn't the only one that was pimped. Katee was also, and so were Joshua and Twitch (and Chelsie somewhat). But people failed to recognize it. I did also. I only noticed it when the judges kept going on and on about "untrained dancers" towards the end of the season.

    And Evan has never landed in the B3 or B2. He has a huge fanbase; so huge, that it took Randi to the Top10. So I'm expecting him to make the Top4, unless he's the shock boot tonight (since Top8 is always the week with the shocker elimination).
    I agree about all of these folks being favorites, but they have not been noticed like Kayla because ALL the judges have gushed over her. Brandon was practically spit on by Lil C' and Mia towards the beginning, and Nigel wasn't losing his mind over him. The Screamer was the only one who actually 'pimped' him. The judges have also liked Janette, but I think that is mostly attributed to the luck of the draw: good routines and a good partner at the beginning of the season (until, of course, Mia announced she was her favorite last night). I am not sure if they are in love with Jeanine, they seem to go back and forth on her...
    All in all, I think people notice Kayla's pimping the most because she got early airtime and ALL the judges have liked her and constantly complimented her from the beginning. Yes, she does make some amazing lines, but I guess many viewers get annoyed hearing it EVERY week. I imagine that the pimping could backfire on this one (again).

    As for your assessment about last season: dead on! No one seemed to notice that Katee and others were thrown in our face just as much as poor Will (maybe they were more likeable to most viewers, I dunno?). And I could not believe that they changed the rules last season (AT THE END) just so they could give Katee an award too. I happen to think there should be a 1st place male and female too, but disagree with the timing.

    Why was I thinking Evan and Randi were in bottom three? Geez, if they weren't then Evan's fanbase must be GIGANTIC!

  10. #100
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 7/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3604458;
    I agree about all of these folks being favorites, but they have not been noticed like Kayla because ALL the judges have gushed over her. Brandon was practically spit on by Lil C' and Mia towards the beginning, and Nigel wasn't losing his mind over him. The Screamer was the only one who actually 'pimped' him. The judges have also liked Janette, but I think that is mostly attributed to the luck of the draw: good routines and a good partner at the beginning of the season (until, of course, Mia announced she was her favorite last night). I am not sure if they are in love with Jeanine, they seem to go back and forth on her...
    All in all, I think people notice Kayla's pimping the most because she got early airtime and ALL the judges have liked her and constantly complimented her from the beginning. Yes, she does make some amazing lines, but I guess many viewers get annoyed hearing it EVERY week. I imagine that the pimping could backfire on this one (again).

    As for your assessment about last season: dead on! No one seemed to notice that Katee and others were thrown in our face just as much as poor Will (maybe they were more likeable to most viewers, I dunno?). And I could not believe that they changed the rules last season (AT THE END) just so they could give Katee an award too. I happen to think there should be a 1st place male and female too, but disagree with the timing.

    Why was I thinking Evan and Randi were in bottom three? Geez, if they weren't then Evan's fanbase must be GIGANTIC!
    But if people actually left their opinions at the door and tried to actually enjoy her, then they would notice that Kayla can actually dance. And when I say dance, I mean dance. Has she had a terrible routine, ever? Nope. Some okay ones, but never a terrible one. And those okay ones were mostly the choreographers' fault, not her's, since she danced them well (IMO, of course).

    Honestly, I'm kind of tired of Evan, and I feel he's overrated. And I'm not much of an Ade fan either. But I try to not let my opinions stop me from enjoying the pieces they do, and I've actually liked some of their stuff.

    There's always that one little thing people will hold against Kayla (whatever it may be), and it's unfortunate. But people are entitled to their opinions.

    And as for Katee, I fully believe that she got 2nd place and Twitch didn't. That's my main problem with this show, since they don't announce the actual placements of these contestants. So I didn't have a problem with that sudden prize.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.