+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3588224;
    During the results show on Thursday that gave a brief preview of some of the dancers that have auditioned for Season 6. One of them was Jakob Karr. This kid (just graduated from high school) is already one of the most amazing technical dancers I have ever seen. We're talking Baryshnikov level technique, here. Of course there is more to great dancing than technique and he is still very young, but if you would like to see a preview from a competition last year, search you tube for "Change-Jakob Karr". And remember, that was A YEAR AGO!
    I'll have to be on the lookout for that because I have yet to see any male dancer come close to Baryshnikov. There are many whose performances have thrilled me over the years, but when I watch Baryshnikov, I often have to remind myself to breathe. Every move he does is perfect.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3588277;
    I'll have to be on the lookout for that because I have yet to see any male dancer come close to Baryshnikov. There are many whose performances have thrilled me over the years, but when I watch Baryshnikov, I often have to remind myself to breathe. Every move he does is perfect.

Same here.

Thanks TopCat, for posting the info on Jakob. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I just watched several video clips of him dancing, and he certainly is enthralling. So smooth, and making even those difficult moves look effortless. I look forward to seeing more of him next season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789