+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

  1. #71
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3582228;
    Why is Ellen DeGeneres a guest judge next week? Does she dance? Katie Holmes, did she dance professionally?
    I don't know if she's a guest Judge or just a guest?
    But her love of dance is deep and strong! She always dances on her show: with the guests, in the audience, onto the stage at the intro. She was also featured in an American Express(I think) commercial a while back about "Dancing to the beat of your own drum" or something. A YouTube search of "ellen degeneres dancing" Turns up hundreds of results I bet she's just giddy about being on the show.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,987

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I really like Ellen Degeneres, but I have definitely misgivings about her qualifications as a judge. I know show adores dances and has always incorporated into her shows in whatever ways she can, but that doesn't mean she knows enough to judge accurately -- On performance, yes, but on technique, no.

    And that's why I stopped voting this year. Even Nigel has said that it's not about America's best dancer, but America's favorite dancer. That's not what I'm looking for.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  3. #73
    mm mm good xox_courtneydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the love glove [MI]
    Posts
    67

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3582228;
    Why is Ellen DeGeneres a guest judge next week? Does she dance? Katie Holmes, did she dance professionally?
    thank god somebody else noticed this! I was beginning to think I was the only one bothered by this. the week that katie holmes was on, I didn't watch. and I probably won't with ellen either. its stupid and irritating to me. I guess its not a huge deal since the judges no longer have input in who goes home...but it still bugs me. why should I care what ellen thinks of the dancers?

  4. #74
    Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    774

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Katie Holmes and Ellen will be on the SAME episode - Katie has only been on TALKING about this upcoming show and the underprivileged dance program they're setting up.

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3582228;
    Why is Ellen DeGeneres a guest judge next week? Does she dance?
    Why, yes - Ellen is famous for her dancing. Seriously, she is! Of course it's just "happy dances".

    Anyway, my take: There will be three qualified judges there (Nigel, Mary, Mia). If they want to add a fourth person for one night to add some comic perspective - I say fine. To quote Nirvana: "Here we are now; entertain us!"

    I imagine that after Mia's comments, Ellen would be the perfect antidote. And if Ellen comments last, you can bet that each contestant will leave the stage smiling.

    Really, sometimes we take ourselves too %#!@& seriously.

  6. #76
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3584822;
    Why, yes - Ellen is famous for her dancing. Seriously, she is! Of course it's just "happy dances".

    Anyway, my take: There will be three qualified judges there (Nigel, Mary, Mia). If they want to add a fourth person for one night to add some comic perspective - I say fine. To quote Nirvana: "Here we are now; entertain us!"

    I imagine that after Mia's comments, Ellen would be the perfect antidote. And if Ellen comments last, you can bet that each contestant will leave the stage smiling.

    Really, sometimes we take ourselves too %#!@& seriously.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    And I too assume that Ellen won't be a "3rd judge" so much as just a talking head. One I will enjoy listening too.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  7. #77
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    I'm looking forward to her as well, I'm hoping that she lightens the mood up a bit and makes the whole process more fun. I get tired of how full of themselves the judges can be sometimes. We aren't striving for world peace here judges, we are looking for a FAVORITE dancer and to be entertained and yet some of them act like the dancers are trying to cure the world of cancer or something. Bring on Ellen and bring on the fun and entertainment.

    Heck, I even hope she bursts into a happy dance and Cat joins her!

  8. #78
    what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    between heaven and dimentia
    Posts
    4,419

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3584836;
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    And I too assume that Ellen won't be a "3rd judge" so much as just a talking head. One I will enjoy listening too.
    Aren't they all pretty much talking heads at this point? They don't have a say in who goes home anymore, at best they can only guide the viewers votes. Personally, I think most viewers are voting for their favorites at this point and don't give a rat's butt as to what the judges say.

    However, I adore Ellen and think she will definitely liven up the panel.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

  9. #79
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3585098;
    Aren't they all pretty much talking heads at this point? They don't have a say in who goes home anymore, at best they can only guide the viewers votes. Personally, I think most viewers are voting for their favorites at this point and don't give a rat's butt as to what the judges say.
    However, I adore Ellen and think she will definitely liven up the panel.
    Good points.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    During the results show on Thursday that gave a brief preview of some of the dancers that have auditioned for Season 6. One of them was Jakob Karr. This kid (just graduated from high school) is already one of the most amazing technical dancers I have ever seen. We're talking Baryshnikov level technique, here. Of course there is more to great dancing than technique and he is still very young, but if you would like to see a preview from a competition last year, search you tube for "Change-Jakob Karr". And remember, that was A YEAR AGO!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.