+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Oh, and next week I think Jason and Melissa are going to leave.

The right couple went home, they were the weakest of the ones left.

To address Ade being in the bottom 4. I don't think it was because he has a small fan base. I think there are two scenarios that could have happened to put him there.

Scenario 1: His fanbase fell asleep at the wheel. I predicted in the elimination game that Brandon would be in the bottom 4 but as I posted I was torn between him and Ade because I had a feeling it could go either way. Many assumed he was safe so they voted for the ones they thought needed the help the most and almost sent him home. How many times has that happened on shows? I think if you have a favorite, vote for them no matter what. Don't worry about your 2nd or 3rd fav that may be in danger. Vote for your favorite, period.

Scenario 2: He is sharing votes with Brandon and probably Jason. They haven't done much to distinguish themselves from one another and are fairly interchangeable in dance style. Jason began to move away from them this week and saved himself. It is because of this vote sharing that I feel that the dancers who have managed to distinguish themselves from the pack will be in the top 4. Janette, Jeanine, and Evan have managed to do this. They will be in the top 4 baring anything crazy happening. I was positive that either Ade or Brandon will be there with them as well, however, Jason is on the move so don't rule him out.

If Ade is in the bottom again next week, then we will know for sure that he lacks a solid fan base. However, I don't see that happening. I think his fans will mobilize now.

Anyway, that's my take on it all. For me, other than Kayla going home, it will be hard to see any of them go since I like them all (other than her, she could have left last night and I would have been fine with it).

I don't think that's the case with Ade. With Melissa also landing in the bottom 2 for the girls, I think the two of them have lost their fans. Admittedly, I'm kind of falling off the Melissa train myself. I didn't feel like voting for her. IMO, he's also the weakest guy left. I don't really like Evan (sorry to all his fans), but he has had some good numbers. Some weren't so great, but I honestly thought he didn't do that bad in the broadway number or the Viennese Waltz he did with Kayla this week. With Ade, I haven't seen him shine. Well, in his solos, he's awesome. But with partner work? I always manage to watch the girl more than him. For example, in the ballet piece, it was totally centered around Melissa, which is understandable since she's a ballerina. But he was still in the background for most of the dance. You can blame that on the choreographer, but he had a little solo session during that dance, and even during that he didn't shine. I think the only dance where he outdanced his partner is the disco.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I may not be remembering other dancers doing this so blatantly, but I was turned off by Melissa (and I think Ade?) recycling their solos last night. Not just some of the same moves but exactly. That irritated me.

without knowing anything about next week...when of course it could all change.... I think Melissa and Ade are in real danger. Surprised me last night, but now I think I see it. Jason really is coming on strong and he'll have the girlie vote. Brandon will get the pure dance fans vote and Evans fans are locked in. This leaves Ade out in the cold.

For the girls - Kayla may be stronger than some of us thought. She has been doing well, esp without Kupono. Her dance with Evan was pretty good. Jeanine - wowowowowow. 'nuff said. Janette is all spice and 'tude. Lots of fun AND talent. So even though Melissa is also talented, I don't think she has the personality to go any farther...

gonna be interesting!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

The repeated solos didn't bother me. They'd just done them earlier that week, and they had to learn three other dances. Randi's and Kupono's were the same too, they just changed outfits. It looked like most of the dancers were in their same solo outfits, so I assumed we'd be seeing the same content from everyone. I didn't think much of it, especially since the solos don't mean anything at this point in the season anyway.

I was disappointed to see Ade in the bottom 2, but it's all about your latest dance now. I loved the hip hip from Ade & Jeanette! That's the dance that stayed in my mind, not Jason & Jeanine's Travis piece. I realize I am in the minority on that view But since the Travis piece was so well received, IMHO I think that saved Jason.

This whole Top 10 is fabulous, and everyone has got to bring it every week!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3581039;
    I may not be remembering other dancers doing this so blatantly, but I was turned off by Melissa (and I think Ade?) recycling their solos last night.
    I think I would be with you if the recycled a solo for the performance show. But for the "Dance For No Apparent Reason" solo on the results show I could care less. I don't even really watch them. I mean, let's face it, they could go out there and do the Macarena and it's not going to have any effect.

(Hey! How come that's not one of the dances they do on this show? I mean if you're going to include Russian Folk Dance, for god sakes... Nigel, get us a Macarena choreographer stat!)

FORT Fogey

I do not enjoy Jeanette or Kayla. I go by whom I enjoy, and who I feel the most. I loved Melissa and Ade from the beginning, but I think they suffer from all the more boring dances which does not inspire people to excitement. I think Nigel specifically had her on the show to bring ballet genre into the show more period. I think they knew she would not win, and just picked new genres to bring to the show. I think the same could have been said about Philip. Ade got the bad luck to be paired with Melissa who was being used to showcase ballet. This is why I think that all the dancers should be mixed up every week. I think we need to see the dancers with all different partners and types of dance to get a good grasp. I have a sick feeling Jeanette will win, and she just absolutely is my least favorite.

I also have to say how awful I feel for the Russian choreographers. Something seems to have happened because they have been extremely rude towards that type of dance, and actually in my opinion kind of making fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3581482;
    I think I would be with you if the recycled a solo for the performance show. But for the "Dance For No Apparent Reason" solo on the results show I could care less. I don't even really watch them. I mean, let's face it, they could go out there and do the Macarena and it's not going to have any effect.
    Good point, I guess I thought they could throw something together. But ITA about the B2 solo - what's the point except rubbing it in that you might be going home?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3581482;
    (Hey! How come that's not one of the dances they do on this show? I mean if you're going to include Russian Folk Dance, for god sakes... Nigel, get us a Macarena choreographer stat!)
    oh god, can you see Evan doing the macarena.... or Phillip? He'd be tied in knots!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3580109;
    Cat didn't get a nomination? That sucks.

Oh, wait, just got the list...

Two of these people don't belong... And sadly both are female (well, THREE people and one is male, if Tom Colicchio is counted).

And arguably Seacrest doesn't really deserve much praise either.
    I think Ryan Seacrest does an excellent job as a host. He has to deal with contestants, guests, the judges.......their sillinesss sometimes, Simon Cowell.

Melissa, couldn't believe she was in the bottom 2, think she's one of the best dancers left.

Kayla and Jeanne have a real shot at winning.
    Last edited by graycat11; 07-17-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Why is Ellen DeGeneres a guest judge next week? Does she dance? Katie Holmes, did she dance professionally?

+ Reply to Thread