+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Loved the 'Hair' dance!!! The choreography!! I could see him in a huge lead in this stage play!! His partner was no slouch, but I found myself watching him moreso than her.

Janette reminds me of Cheryl from DWTS. Liked her solo.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Melissa and Brandon- Broadway by Tyce DiOrio to Age of Aquarius
    One of Tyce's better numbers. hard to pull off with just two people - this should be a group number. Melissa definitely loosens up here. Unfortunately the ending went up in smoke.

Judges: Nigel says it brought back memories. Mary loved it. Debbie says they evoked the harmony both in the big moves and in the details.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-15-2009 at 09:45 PM.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3576149;
    1) First observation (made this before Jeanette even said anything): Jeanette is.. SHORTER?!? than Randi? Who knew. I recognized it as they were all standing barefoot together after the Bollywood number. Interesting! I hope to see her paired up with Evan.

3) Oh.My.God. OHMYGOD. Travis' choreography and Jason & Jeanine's execution of that contemporary number??!?!?!? OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG... Absolutely, positively, my favorite dance EVER now, for ANY season. Now I HAVE to get to see that tour...
    Oh, I know - I was shocked to se how short Jeanette is! I think it is because she has always been in heels.

And I totally agree about Travis' choreography - it was amazing. I have to say this is the first night I have been absolutely impressed with Jason. I knew Janene had it in her.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

That Travis Wall routine was catch my breath intense. Perfect song, perfect moves, danced perfectly.
    I really FELT like we were watching 2 people seconds away from having some crazy passionate sex
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

RE: Evan/Gene Kelly Biopic
    Quote Originally Posted by lkras16;3576216;
    Man, that would be AWESOME!
    Anyone know Evan's actual height? I'm finding conflicting reports of Gene Kelly's being between 5'7" and 5'9".

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3576222;
    I have to say this is the first night I have been absolutely impressed with Jason. I knew Janene had it in her.
    ITA... I thought Jason was in danger for a few weeks now. Nice to see him step it up and ace a beautiful piece like this. And I was so hoping Jeanine would get a partner who could match her. She may be my new favorite.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3576221;
    Melissa and Brandon- Broadway by Tyce DiOrio to Age of Aquarius
    One of Tyce's better numbers. hard to pull off with just two people - this should be a group number. Melissa definitely loosens up here. Unfortunately the ending went up in smoke.
    LOL - Yeah, need to "toke" it back down a notch there!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3576217;
    Monsoon Wedding - Modern story of a wealthy father planning a huge wedding for his daughter's traditional arranged marriage. But everyone is in love with someone else.

Lagaan - Small Indian village is oppressed in the 19th century by the British who tipple their taxes (the lagaan). But British general agrees lift the tax if the poor Indians can beat the English at cricket. Part underdog sports story, part political struggle - and there's an interracial love triangle and of course like all Bollywood it's a musical. It's long with an intermission, but it won the Oscar in 2002 for Foreign Language film.
    Many thanks!

<-- checks library system for copies of these in circulation

FORT Fogey

Jeanette Solo - This is Miami by Sander Kleinenburg
    As good as a ballroom dancer can do in a solo. What can you say?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3576222;
    Oh, I know - I was shocked to se how short Jeanette is! I think it is because she has always been in heels.
    I noticed she was super tiny when she and Brandon did the Wade routine. Wade was just towering over both of them in the studio, and she really had to lift her chin to look up at him. She's just cool, and I like everything she does on that stage!

+ Reply to Thread