+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tour

Re: The Tour

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3606438;
    Maybe the swing dancers (alternates) are not featured on the cover, but will be inside. The program I bought from a previous tour didn't have any of the dancers on the cover.
    Well he told both Phillip and Caitlin straight up that they would be on the tour, which made most of us believe that they were an actual part of the tour and not just alternates. If they're just alternates, then why announce that on the show? We already knew that they would have been the alternates, since it's usually the Top12-ers that are.

If they're just alternates, then I'm totally disappointed. I was really looking forward to see their solos, especially Phillip. I bet he's amazing live.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3606444;
    If they're just alternates, then I'm totally disappointed. I was really looking forward to see their solos, especially Phillip.
    The producers promise to take the Top 10 on tour. Beyond that, the producers can add whatever they want to the program. When Hok was an alternate, he danced every night in the program. I'm sure Phillip will dance AND I'm sure there will be another boy as an alternate. (Can you imagine Phillip substituting for Ade in anything?)

BTW, pre-sale tickets go on sale today. Sales to the public start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3606471;
    The producers promise to take the Top 10 on tour. Beyond that, the producers can add whatever they want to the program. When Hok was an alternate, he danced every night in the program. I'm sure Phillip will dance AND I'm sure there will be another boy as an alternate. (Can you imagine Phillip substituting for Ade in anything?)

BTW, pre-sale tickets go on sale today. Sales to the public start tomorrow.
    I went last year, and Thayne and Chelsea T. were alternates, and they were also dancing in all the group dances. They even got to do a dance on their own. They were still alternates though, and they didn't get the chance to do their solo.

So yeah, the solos are the thing I'm wondering about. I really want to see Phillip doing his own style. And Caitlin's solos are awesome also. That picture I posted just left me wondering if Caitlin and Phillip really are part of the tour as Nigel suggested.

But I agree, I couldn't imagine Phillip replacing these guys in their pieces.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar

I believe the presale password is FOXTV. By the way, I just found out on the Ticketmaster website that presale tickets are not always the best in the house. The basic purpose of the presale is to decrease sales volume snafus on Saturday. I always thought the presale started sales with the best tickets, with whatever's left over sold on Saturday.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Just not in the budget this year.... maybe next time.

Yay, got an email from my friend who got us tix for good seats when the tour comes to town, so I'm in!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Sigh.

I checked the Toledo location through Ticketmaster using the presale password yesterday. (foxtv)

I could have had just off the center stage, 17th row back, aisle seats.

No monies. Dang. I just don't think it's going to happen this year, too much $$-requiring stuff coming up.

^So are you not going to go this time?

The pre-sale tickets, as chompstick said, were not in fact the best in the house. I was thinking of buying them yesterday, but when it kept giving me farther and farther tickets, I decided to hold off.

And now, I just got floor seats, which are also aisle seats. It's not that close to the front, so I don't have to worry about not being able to see the dancers' feet (that was a complaint on here last year). My friend went to the show last year, sitting on the floor, and she said she could see everything. So I'm keeping my hopes up that these are good seats.

Maybe I should have waited for the S6 tour. I'm really thinking that Nigel saved all the great dancers and great choreography for that season since it's the fall season. But oh well, there are some dances and dancers I really want to see this year.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3612199;
    ^So are you not going to go this time?
    I don't think so. We are looking at moving from Michigan to Minnesota by the end of the year, or early/mid January at latest. In the meantime, we have to raise enough $$ for a driving trip to Minnesota to determine where we would and would not want to live so his dad (who lives in the area) can pre-scout out rentals for us before we make the full-on move.

It took us about 2 months to raise enough money for our recent 3-day trip up north to say "goodbye" to the part of Michigan we particularly hate to leave. It's going to be super-tight in the next few months trying to raise & save about the same amount of money for that initial trip to Minnesota and then within a few months, an actual move.

I just don't see how we could do it. This REALLY sucks, but it's just a timing thing. If I had wanted to go bad enough, I could have skipped the recent northern trip.

Fat chance. I love dance, but I love my home state more . Had to kiss my lakes & dunes good bye.

Now I'm just making myself cry. Sorry if I went on off-topic - I'm hating this situation like you wouldn't believe and spewing about it helps - a touch.

I just saw the tour last night, and it was AMAZING!

It was a lot better than last year's tour, and that's saying a lot because I liked the show last year also. After watching the show, I have a better opinion of season 5 overall. Watching the performances live is definitely better than watching it on TV.

Unfortunately, something was wrong with Phillip. He was probably injured, because he didn't partcipate in any of the group dances. The only thing he was featured in was the running gag of featuring the Russian Folk dance. He didn't even get to do his solo, which made me really sad because it would have been amazing to watch his popping live. But Caitlin got the opportunity to do a solo in Phillip's place, and that made me happy because I really liked Caitlin and her solos.

I got some really good pictures, but I have to do homework. It's a school night (which is why I couldn't stay for the meet and greet, as they usually come out around midnight). I would post the pictures in one of the few upcoming days, but I'm off to a retreat that my school puts on. So I'll put them up eventually, I promise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast