+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 7/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Heck, I'd settle for being able to do LESS with the body she's got.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3561073;
    The person I have yet to be able to peg down and 'get' is Mellissa.
    Melissa is a great dancer. I don't think anyone can deny that. That's the reason why I like her over other dancers. But that's it. She doesn't have the most interesting personality, but then again, neither does Kayla (my favorite). But what Kayla did have was airtime. Her backstory was aired during her audition, and her lovable grandparents have received quite a bit of airtime as far as loved ones go. I started to like her back then, and my opinions stick. Luckily, she has proved herself to be a great dancer also IMO.

It just goes to show how far airtime will go in a competition like this. Only a few have been able to sway the public vote with their dancing skills, and I think Melissa is doing a great job at that.

But also, I must admit (albeit reluctantly) that the other small reasons why I like Melissa are her dance background and her age. I love ballerinas (Allie from Canada, Talia from Australia). And it's awesome to see an older dancer do as well as the other dancers. I'm not saying she's a grandma, but she is an older dancer. And for some reason, I like seeing the older ones give a good competition.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3565423;
    Heck, I'd settle for being able to do LESS with the body she's got.

Me too! While she doesn't have a classic dancer body, she's not fat. She just doesn't have the long, lean lines typical of most dancers. She is incredibly fit.

sd55

Kayla has been competing and paying top dollar for her competition choreography for many years. She's well known in that area. She shouldn't be having so much trouble with her solos now. I don't see her as "cocky", but rather she has an incredibly large ego. Technically, she's not that great, all the other dancers, except possibly Randi are better. Kayla is flexible, pretty and a good actress. I really don't get the constant praise by the judges. It will be interesting to see what her true fan base is, now that they are on their own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789