+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3554300;
    Am I the only one who got annoyed with Nigel when he said that Janette and Brandon had the best ballroom dance ever? Yes, they were very good and I was very surprised by how good Brandon was in this routine. However, I'd have to hold up the dances done in Benji, Heidi, and Travis's seasons as the best ballroom dances ever. Maybe he should have phrased that as it was the best ballroom dance by a non-ballroom dancer ever on this show. Anyways, it annoyed me and took away a bit of the enjoyment of that dance for me.
    I'm pretty sure Nigel called it the best ballroom tango ever, not the best ballroom dance ever.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The thing about Evan is that I'm pretty sure that Nigel wants a girl to win this season. So if Evan ends up in the B3 today and gets eliminated, that'll pretty much confirm my suspicion since he and Brandon are the only guys with a large enough fanbase to win. I would say Phillip also, but I really don't think he'll win. He'll probably end up being this season's first shocker elimination.

But then again, there's another good reason to eliminate Evan tonight if he lands in the B3: his height. I know, unfortunately he can't do anything about it, but it looks like all of those girls tower over him. You usually don't see short guys and tall girls in partner dances. The only way he can save himself is if he has an amazing solo, which I know he can pull off.

ETA:

Out of the girls this season, I would say Melissa and Janette are the frontrunners. Jeanine is a dark horse. And the others have a tiny chance at winning. With Randi, I feel that her partner is bringing her along and that she's not building enough of a fanbase of her own.

With Caitlin, I'm actually reading that she has a lot of fans on the forums of other sites, but she has landed in the B3 twice already. She doesn't seem to have a hold on a majority of the viewers.

And with Kayla, some people are just so strong-minded about their opinion on her (with the judges' comments) that they fail to see that she's actually a really good dancer. It seems that some of the viewers don't want to enjoy her dances and will quickly write her off with every fault they can find. Which is unfortunate, because there are other pimped dancers who are probably more pimped than her.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-09-2009 at 04:00 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3555442;
    But then again, there's another good reason to eliminate Evan tonight if he lands in the B3: his height. I know, unfortunately he can't do anything about it, but it looks like all of those girls tower over him. You usually don't see short guys and tall girls in partner dances. The only way he can save himself is if he has an amazing solo, which I know he can pull off.
    I can see where height could be an issue, but I think it would be a travesty if Evan got eliminated over Philip tonight!

Agreed! Don't get me wrong, Philip's solos are KILLER, but he just doesn't adapt well to the other dances (although it's obvious that he tries SO hard). I bet Evan & Jeanine would look OK paired together, but yeah...everyone else is probably taller than he is. Poor kid.

FORT Regular

Nigel wants Phillip in the tour, that's pretty obvious. So unfortunately, he's safe for tonight. As much as I like his dancing in his style, he's the weakest male dancer remaining. So I bet he's safe this week (the only way he would get the boot is if he's in the B3 with Brandon and Ade - which is very unlikely). Once he's safe this week and is part of the tour, they'll cut him the next time he's in the B3.

Unfortunately, if Evan is in the B3, he may go due to his height. The other female dancers are taller and Nigel doesn't seem to like to pair short guys with taller girls.

This season has an enviable problem. The women.

At least at the point of the final 12, they've got 6 women who, at least to my eye, appear as good as any finalist they've had in any previous season. If I ABSOLUTELY had to name two of them as the weakest, it would be Caitlin and Kayla... but that's only a matter of inches. If I had to pick the strongest? It's probably Janette (but only because Melissa had a minor mis-step at the end of her first routine).

The guys appear to be the relative weak spot, although at least a few of them are fairly good.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3555442;
    But then again, there's another good reason to eliminate Evan tonight if he lands in the B3: his height.
    I'm not feeling the whole Evan/height panic. Travis was short and he did just fine. Heck, Baryshnikov is short, and no one complained about him. With the right attitude and a good choreographer, I don't think anyone will care.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3555990;
    I'm not feeling the whole Evan/height panic. Travis was short and he did just fine. Heck, Baryshnikov is short, and no one complained about him. With the right attitude and a good choreographer, I don't think anyone will care.
    Just imagine if he got ballroom though.

But then again, the judges can rig it for him to never get a ballroom. And if he makes it to the Top10, then I think he could make it all the way to the F4 with his huge fanbase. If he makes it that far and never gets another ballroom, then I'd call foul play, just like how Benji never got a contemporary.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Does anyone else think the disco dances are much better this year. I usually HATE the disco numbers!! But this season there have been two (that I can remember) so far that I thought were actually kind of fun, one of them being Melissa/Ade's dance on this episode! The other one was the super fast one that I believe Brandon/Jeanette did.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3555376;
    I'm pretty sure Nigel called it the best ballroom tango ever, not the best ballroom dance ever.
    Now I'm going to have to watch it again. I didn't hear him say that, if so? Then I can forgive him because it was one of the better tango dances.

+ Reply to Thread