+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3554300;
    Am I the only one who got annoyed with Nigel when he said that Janette and Brandon had the best ballroom dance ever? Yes, they were very good and I was very surprised by how good Brandon was in this routine. However, I'd have to hold up the dances done in Benji, Heidi, and Travis's seasons as the best ballroom dances ever. Maybe he should have phrased that as it was the best ballroom dance by a non-ballroom dancer ever on this show.
    When Benji & Heidi danced ballroom it was PHENOMENAL. Their years of ballroom experience put them head and shoulders above the others. I too am not sure that Janette & Brandon were better than Benji & Heidi (or Dimitry or Pasha). That said, they were still great... just not necessarily the best.
    I really wish there were some more seasoned ballroom dancers this season. There is something about the way a seasoned ballroom dancer performs that it just wonderful.
    Perhaps we can hope for a few more ballrom dancers in the fall????
    HINT Nigel HINT

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3553797;
    A REALLY good night. Some favorites finally emerging.

I'm very excited to see Jeanine with a new partner next week. Even though Philip didn't totally stink this week, I can't help but think he is holding her back.

She, Jeanette and Brandon are now my top picks. Ade and Melissa could be in there also. A good mix.

Kupono did well this week, especially in the addiction piece. But overall, meh. Same with Caitlin, Jason and Kayla - they can go anytime.

Randi and Evan. I don't get the love the judges have f. She's or herjust ok. He's a bit better, but not my favorite by far (nice guy, but that's about it for me).

I love Evan! Not necessarily the best dancer there (so probably shouldn't win), but would like to keep him a little bit longer. Randi is not so bad. She does well in the "cute" dances, after all that's her persona, but really isn't built to dance the flowing ballroom/waltz/foxtrot numbers, JMO.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3553995;
    WOW!! Janette and Brandon were absolutely fantastic tonight. I have always enjoyed them, but they blew me away this evening! And I just adore Wade Robson's routines and tonight he used a song I really like that coincidentally I picked up from a CD which I purchased after hearing him use a different Roisin Murphy song in a previous season (Ramalama Bang-Bang from the group zombie routine in the season with Benji and Ryan - one of my fav numbers of all time on this show).

Kayla and Kupono also really impressed me tonight, and I have not been a Kayla fan at all so far. I thought their broadway number was ho-hum, but the Mia number was excellent!!

I know Philip got ok reviews tonight, but I didn't think he did very well in either routine. Janine really carried him. Sadly, I think Philip should go home tomorrow night. I'm not so sure about the girls. They are all very good, but I think I would have to say Caitlin...
    Love his choreography! What a talented man. I think Mia has done some interesting numbers on this show, but her personality (or lack of it) gets in the way for me. Too big an ego!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lkras16;3554594;
    Which is unfortunate, because I think he'd be a real asset to the tour. Do you think Nigel might keep that in mind? Evan has a HUGE fanbase.

I think you have it exactly right. Nigel knows there is tons of love for Evan out there, and that's exactly what he wants the dancers to cultivate: fans. By that measure, Evan is a success story.

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3554552;
    Pasha was the best!

Pasha!!! . Can you tell I like Pasha? He is a great, hot dancer and wish he were still on the show, although he may have aged out by now!

I loved me some Pasha too. I rewound to watch his demonstration of the steps when he was showing Evan & Randi. Ahhhhh Pasha, how I miss you!

There is just NO comparing Pasha (or Dmitry or Artem) to any other of the guys doing ballroom. These lovely men are in a class by themselves.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I love Jason. He really is adorable and a very good dancer, but he has never lived up to the expectations set by his first number. Kupono will probably get to stay over Jason, but if he has to dance for his life, he better not do a crappy solo like the two previous times. The judges probably will keep him in spite of that, but I think the audience will really turn on him. One last thing: has anybody noticed how much Jason looks like Joe E. Brown, the guy from "Some Like it Hot"?

I agree that the judges seem hard on Evan..I thought the hip hop was great, I didn't expect him to be able to do hip hop, but it was well done, and while the samna was not his strongest, I thought it was a good effort, definitely better than the judges thought..I think america well keep him around a bit longer
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3554887;
    [/B]

I love Evan! Not necessarily the best dancer there (so probably shouldn't win), but would like to keep him a little bit longer. Randi is not so bad. She does well in the "cute" dances, after all that's her persona, but really isn't built to dance the flowing ballroom/waltz/foxtrot numbers, JMO.
    Don't get me wrong...I think both of them are cute as can be. But something isn't clicking for me. I think it might be Randi. I hope so, because Evan was one of my early fave's and I love rooting for the underdog
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread