+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3553596;
    The thing I love about Jason's look is that he is completely pan-racial. He could be cast as just about any ethnic group. He has a "world" face. To me, that in itself has great beauty.
    For me, Jason is a real "cutie patootie". Sometimes he looks just like a 5 year old boy. Very sweet, young looking, handsome face with a nice smile. I hope he makes it to the top 10.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose;3553698;
    Brandon and Janette BOTH are on a whole other plane. I love them!
    I love them too, sugargoose. I've loved Brandon since last year's auditions - he is such an amazing dancer . Janette really impressed me in her audition also - that trick she and her partner did with the splits/backflip... incredible... and she has brought it EVERY week. I am soooo looking forward to seeing them on tour.

Re: Randi & Evan's routine... I thought the routine was amazing, but it would have been smoking HOT if Pasha and Anya had performed it. Can I say one more time that I still miss Pasha?

Looks like Nigel is pulling out all the stops to get his favorite girl some votes (giving her Mia and contemporary routines back to back), don't think it will help much since the overpimping has already ruined her chances.

Am I the only one who got annoyed with Nigel when he said that Janette and Brandon had the best ballroom dance ever? Yes, they were very good and I was very surprised by how good Brandon was in this routine. However, I'd have to hold up the dances done in Benji, Heidi, and Travis's seasons as the best ballroom dances ever. Maybe he should have phrased that as it was the best ballroom dance by a non-ballroom dancer ever on this show. Anyways, it annoyed me and took away a bit of the enjoyment of that dance for me.

It will be interesting to see next week and in the coming weeks who has the stronger fan bases of those couples who have never been in the B3 and how they do with different partners.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3554133;
    Yeah, I'm getting through each time, which kind of makes me worry. But I know that busy signals are not as common for SYTYCD as they are with AI. And with my insomnia, I think I'll just keep voting until 12. I'll throw in some for Brandon/Janette also, just for you.
    Awww. You're so nice CG!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3554295;
    Re: Randi & Evan's routine... I thought the routine was amazing, but it would have been smoking HOT if Pasha and Anya had performed it. Can I say one more time that I still miss Pasha?
    ITA. Through the whole thing I was thinking about how great it would have been if another couple had been dancing it. Which is sad because I really like Randi and Evan!

Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose;3553698;
    I like Evan too. However, have you noticed that the judges sort of get on his case every week. They want more, they expected more, etc. While Randi is perfection to them. I think they will cut him if he is in the bottom. I have never understood their comments on him because I think he is fabulous.
    Yes, I've noticed that, and it irritates me. When I commented last night about the judges agenda being pretty clear, DH told me I was nuts. Granted, I'm not a trained dancer and can't comment on the techincal aspects, but I thought Evan did a great job last night (and every dance he's done). I know if he's in the bottom three tonight, he's gone.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3554295;
    Pasha was the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3554507;
    Yes, I've noticed that, and it irritates me. When I commented last night about the judges agenda being pretty clear, DH told me I was nuts. Granted, I'm not a trained dancer and can't comment on the techincal aspects, but I thought Evan did a great job last night (and every dance he's done). I know if he's in the bottom three tonight, he's gone.
    Which is unfortunate, because I think he'd be a real asset to the tour. Do you think Nigel might keep that in mind? Evan has a HUGE fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3553398;
    I agree this was a fantastic routine, but the non-stop pimping of Kayla by the judges is getting really old -- really fast. That is what is going to hurt them.
    Only if you listen to the non stop pimping. Use your own judgement people.

FORT Fogey

Again I have to say that the choreographers have really outdone themselves this season. I find myself watching the dances over and over again.

That being said Brandon and Janette have really been outstanding, I watch their dances the most.
    I can't wait for the the rest of the season, I just love season after season and don't really have favorites this year (certainly no one I don't like). The show puts me in my happy place and now it'll be on 2 times a year.

HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3553617;
    Pretty obvious they don't want Evan to make the top 10, the comments for him have been so-so on both routines.
    I have thought that Evan has done well every week yet the judges always find fault with him.

+ Reply to Thread