+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

WOW!! Janette and Brandon were absolutely fantastic tonight. I have always enjoyed them, but they blew me away this evening! And I just adore Wade Robson's routines and tonight he used a song I really like that coincidentally I picked up from a CD which I purchased after hearing him use a different Roisin Murphy song in a previous season (Ramalama Bang-Bang from the group zombie routine in the season with Benji and Ryan - one of my fav numbers of all time on this show).

Kayla and Kupono also really impressed me tonight, and I have not been a Kayla fan at all so far. I thought their broadway number was ho-hum, but the Mia number was excellent!!

I know Philip got ok reviews tonight, but I didn't think he did very well in either routine. Janine really carried him. Sadly, I think Philip should go home tomorrow night. I'm not so sure about the girls. They are all very good, but I think I would have to say Caitlin...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3553995;
    ...And I just adore Wade Robson's routines and tonight he used a song I really like that coincidentally I picked up from a CD which I purchased after hearing him use a different Roisin Murphy song in a previous season (Ramalama Bang-Bang from the group zombie routine in the season with Benji and Ryan - one of my fav numbers of all time on this show)..
    You will be happy to know that Wade reconstructed Ramalama this week with a group of SYTYCD veterans. It was taped for airing July 23.

As I recall, that was Wade's first number on the show and it really stood out. How appropriate that he is reprising it now, since it was inspired by Michael Jackson's Thriller.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-09-2009 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3554047;
    You will be happy to know that Wade reconstructed Ramalama this week with a group of SYTYCD veterans. It was taped for airing July 23.
    WooHoo!!!
    I'm going to have to make sure I do a good job setting up my DVR before I go out of town so I will have that one waiting for me when I get back!!

Thx for the tip TopCat!!

ETA: Has anyone tried to vote tonight? I have been trying intermittently over the last 2 hrs and I cannot get thru AT ALL!

^Who are you trying to vote for? 'Cause I'm getting through.

I thought all of the couples did well tonight. If I had to choose a B3, it would be:

Evan/Randi
    Melissa/Ade
    Phillip/Jeanine

Evan/Randi did well, but I felt that all of the couples (expcet Phillip/Jeanine) had at least one outstanding routine. I liked their dances, but I didn't love them. My problem with the first one was that even though they danced it well, I didn't think the story came through. But that's not necessarily their fault. NappyTabs have done better with their stories in the past. I totally understood that Joshua was going away at war. I understood that Mark was a workaholic. And I understood that Phillip and Jeanine were having a fight before going to bed. But I didn't see Randi as a pregnant woman. Without the pre-video, I wouldn't have known the story. I would have just thought they were a young couple in love. As for their samba, I pretty much agree with what the judges said. I loved the little ring-around-her-body part in their HH though; that was cool.

Same thing for Phillip/Jeanine. They had good routines, but not great ones. I actually liked the Russian folk dance somewhat. And Phillip did better than I thought he would in the jive. But nothing of their's really blew me away tonight.

As for Melissa/Ade, I really liked them tonight. But I also really liked Kayla/Kupono, Caitlin/Jason, and Brandon/Janette. If I went with my personal opinion, then I would like to see Brandon/Janette in the B3 instead of Melissa/Ade. But they were pure awesome tonight. And even though I like Melissa, I like the other two better as a couple. So I went with them.

But this is the B3 that I'm expecting:

Kayla/Kupono
    Caitlin/Jason
    Evan/Randi or Melissa/Ade
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3554078;
    ^Who are you trying to vote for? 'Cause I'm getting through.
    Kayla/Kupono and Brandon/Janette

I'm getting through for Kayla/Kupono. Maybe Brandon/Janette are getting a flood of votes? Have you checked the number you're dialing (it's 1-888-83676-0_)?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3554094;
    I'm getting through for Kayla/Kupono. Maybe Brandon/Janette are getting a flood of votes? Have you checked the number you're dialing (it's 1-888-83676-0_)?
    I cannot get thru even for Kayla/Kupono even tho it sounds like you aren't having any problem. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to throw in the towel. I need to get my ZZZZZs!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3554126;
    I cannot get thru even for Kayla/Kupono even tho it sounds like you aren't having any problem. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to throw in the towel. I need to get my ZZZZZs!
    Yeah, I'm getting through each time, which kind of makes me worry. But I know that busy signals are not as common for SYTYCD as they are with AI. And with my insomnia, I think I'll just keep voting until 12. I'll throw in some for Brandon/Janette also, just for you.

FORT Fogey

I can't get through at all for Melissa & Ade

anyone else not impressed with the new broadway choreographer (Joey?)? Her routines, although true to certain styles, just don't interest or excite me in any way. Very generic. And they don't seem to play to the strengths of the individual dancers.

Could I be missing Tyce??!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread