+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3540724;
    Am I the only one who has been less than impressed with ALL of the "guests" this year? Haven't seen one yet that's been worth the time it takes to watch them.
    I can only say that for me, Desmond Richardson dancing last night was the best five minutes of television I have seen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3541387;
    I can only say that for me, Desmond Richardson dancing last night was the best five minutes of television I have seen this year.
    He was amazing, but it's too bad his partner sucked.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought his partner was amazing!!! How do you hold that position on your toes for as long as she did?? Just WOW!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3541295;
    And WHAT was Mia Michaels wearing last night?? It looked like she had cut slits out of a black Hefty bag and stuck her arms through them. Thankfully, her hair looked good. I just didn't get the outfit.
    When she got up, I said to DH, what is Mia wearing? A trash bag?? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Mia appears to be higher than a kite this week..... did any of you notice that?

To the Point

The big deal with Kelly is she doesn't look healthy to me. Some people can carry the extra weight and still have an appearance that looks healthy, she, however, doesn't. Yes, she has never been a stick, but until recently I've always thought she looked good/healthy. And I agree with whoever said that yo-yoing is every bit as unhealthy, and perhaps even more dangerous, than being overweight.

I actually like Kayla. I don't believe she's anymore stuck on herself than any of the others. Yes, I do believe that the judges have hampered her with the public, but I also don't think that she has had the best luck of the draw in partners or dance picks. She is a talented young lady, and I don't think that she, or any of the others, take this opportunity for granted.

I enjoy kaylas dancing, I think she is very talented. but I do not like her personality. she reminds me of those girls who bleach their hair constantly and assume that that will make them hot and likeable . maybe that's just me that thinks that about the hair. I just don't like how overly sexual she is, just little things like saying like 'we're gonna give it to you' and winking, blowing kisses after her solo, and agreeing when the judges say her dance was the best. they're all little things but they add up, and the overpimping doesn't help.

FORT Regular

I don't know where to post this so I am going to post it here. I just checked Nigel's tweets and here's what he had to say. Obviously he's been reading the forums or someone's been telling him what the fans had been saying about the show:

I have no room in my life for HATRED. I put it in the same "Room101" along with JEALOUSY and ENVY.
    9:32 AM Jul 3rd

There's always going to be differences of opinion. I love that you support individuals that's why the show's a success but lose the hatred!
    9:21 AM Jul 3rd

Let me explain something. The judges have often made up their minds who they keep from past performances, a brilliant solo can change that?
    8:56 AM Jul 3rd

I am amazed that so few of you picked up on the fact you had one of the greatest dancers in the WORLD on the show last night. That's sad.
    9:04 AM Jul 3rd

Fact1. Great dancers this year. Fact2. There is only 1 winner. Fact3. 14-1 it won't be who you want. Fact4. It shouldn't stop your enjoyment
    9:00 AM Jul 3rd

Let me explain something. The judges have often made up their minds who they keep from past performances, a brilliant solo can change that?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Then why bother with a solo, even if it is brilliant, if it is of no matter? Is that giving false hope to people who are trying to stay in the competition? That's a bunch of double-talk bs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang;3543141;
    So he's mad that many of us are exercising our freedom of choice by not blindly falling into line with what he wants and loving his chosen one? Whatever. He makes it really hard for anybody to like him. But then I remind myself that without him there wouldn't be this show so I grit my teeth and push past it.

Anyways.

The above quote? Really bothers me more than anything else he said. So it doesn't matter that a dancer does a really bad solo or had a really bad night. If they were good in the past at some point, it can save them over somebody who has been consistently good and who has put out an amazing solo. Remind me again why they should even play the game and do a solo and why we should bother to vote?

Grrr....that just really burns me up. Why would he even say that? Why would he flat out admit that solos mean nothing and that some dancers can coast by on past good routines? (Least that was what I inferred from that comment).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast