+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by shanny;3540934;
    No kidding. At least she really sings!
    Exactly, I pointed out to my dd that there was no lip synching there (at least not to me).

~sigh~ Kayla ain't winning... and I guess I can accept that. But the girl isn't a bad dancer by any means, and sadly, no matter what she does, she's not gaining any fans, half of the reason being the judges' opinions.

I admit that I did the same thing last year with Will. But now I feel horrible about doing it, because I hated him for all the wrong reasons. He was overly-pimped, but there's nothing he could do about it. I think the main problem was that for all the talent he had, he never "picked" any spectacular choreography that showed off his skills (aside from the pas de deux and maybe the Eden routine). But that's besides the point. The guy did nothing wrong, but he suffered because the judges were so stupid to not see what they were doing to the guy.

And now the same thing is happening with Kayla. The praise is over the top, but it's not like the praise is totally undeserving. She has done well in all of her routines. Not super fantastic, but well. But because of the over-pimping, she's suffering. She can't even do anything about it, except to flat-out suck on purpose on her next routine so that the judges won't praise her. But that would be stupid.

Also, now I'm seeing that another reason why people hate her so much is the way she carries herself. Aside from her reaction to being in the B3 in W2, I fail to see what you guys are seeing. I failed to see it in Asuka, and now I'm not seeing it with Kayla.

But whatever, when Kayla gets voted off, I'll just go on and root for Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by fdmom;3541023;
    Exactly, I pointed out to my dd that there was no lip synching there (at least not to me).
    I love Kelly, but she's not that great live. She can sing (obviously), but I feel that she overdoes it way too much. If she was more relaxed and didn't try to rock out so hard, then I think she would be a bit better. But like I said, I love the girl, and she'll always be my favorite Idol winner.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Randi better hope Evan's fanbase can keep them out of the bottom 3 next week, or I think she's done. Janette, Jeanine, and Kayla aren't going anywhere as long as the judges are deciding. Melissa most likely isn't going anywhere either. I feel like next week, it'll be either Caitlin or Randi for the girls, and Jason or Kupono for the guys (Brandon, Phillip, Ade, and Evan aren't going anywhere). This is just my gut, but I feel like Nigel would want the Bollywood routine for the tour since it's so unique. Therefore, and obviously it depends on who's actually in the bottom 3, I think Randi and Kupono are out if they're in the bottom 3.

I think the tour is set. They usually send the Top12's as replacements just in case. And usually the replacements get a chance to have a dance of their own (Chelsea was brought on the tour after both Comfort and Jessica technically made the Top10, and she and Thayne did their cha cha). So if Cailtin/Jason get eliminated next week, they'll probably still get the opportunity to do the Bollywood routine.

So since the tour is set, the judges won't be making decisions on who to eliminate tour-wise. Admittedly, Karla and Vitolio didn't have any dances that were tour-worthy. Karla had the contemporary, but if she made it on the tour, I don't think they would have brought Jonathan also. Same with Vitolio--he had the waltz, but they wouldn't have brought Asuka. The quickstep was good (I really liked it, actually), but I think the judges felt that Phillip, Jeanine, Kayla, and Kupono would have more stuff to offer for the tour.

And on a completely different topic, Jeanine's solo was WOW. Loved it. I like her now. Kayla and esp. Kupono need to step it up with their solos.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by mtlgirl31;3540701;
    the more the judges keep on favoring and praising kayla, the more i dislike her, and her being in the B3 twice in four weeks makes me believe that america thinks the same). She thinks she's so great and beautiful and all that and i seriously she got sooo confident that didnt even prepare for her solo cause it really sucked.

and philip...oh PLEASE make him go next week.
    Agreed.

I liked her because of her grandpa and his tears but not because of her and I didn't realize that till the overpimping got on my nerves enough that I started closely watching her. She may technically be proficient but for me? There's nothing there but a whole bunch of misplaced arrogance. She comes off like she thinks she's got this in the bag because the judges love her so much. She needs to tone that down and quick or she's going home very soon.

I'm not at all surprised who went home and pretty much called it on Monday. I am surprised that Philip was in the B3 though. Guess his fan base isn't as strong as I thought.

Philip will more than likely go home next week if he is in the B3 and if Evan isn't. The judges just wanted to make sure they had him available as an alternate and now he's cannon fodder since he made the top 12.

Evan? Is too short and soon as he lands in the B3, he's gone, they won't want him to jeopardize their much taller TCO females. Of course these are just my speculations so we'll see how it all plays out.

About the tour: I wouldn't be surprised if Crash Test Dummies resurfaces which is probably one of the many reasons they have kept Kupono around. It was a really great routine and Kupono pulled it off, the female can easily be replaced.

I think the height factor will hurt Evan, but if they can cut two others and not have to give Evan a new partner they might keep him. He probably will have a good solo...

I seem to think overall the girls are better than the boys this season, but no amazing stand out for me. I still kinda get them confused.

I like Philip, but do not think he's the greatest at most of the styles. I think Brandon is really good.

I'm thinking a girl will win this season... though Brandon could rival that.

FORT Regular

I am so bummed that Karla went home. She worked her ass off with the QS and thought she had the best solo last night but I knew as soon as I saw who the other 2 female dancers are in B3 that Karla is toast. If Caitlin was B3Karla would have stayed. Oh, well...........this show is all about finding the most popular dancer anyway, NOT the best dancer.

I don't hate Kayla but I agree with everyone else that the overpimping of the judges is hurting her. Some people say she acts cocky and entitled, I don't see it. I see an 18 year old girl who acts more like 16, who looked scared and upset landing in B3 and not understanding why she can't get the fans' votes despite dancing well the night before. She's a great technical dancer but she does lack the personality that Jeannine or Melissa has.

Now that Karla is gone, I really don't have any personal favorites anymore though I think Jeannine is going to be the dark horse in this competition.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3540929;
    I was really quite shocked at who the bottom 3 were. I thought for sure Jason and Caitlin would be in it and gone and I really like them - especially Caitlin! I thought Karla did the best solo of the girls - she really looked like a bird and her dance went with her music. I was not that impressed with Janine's solo or Kayla's.
    I totally agree about Karla interpreting her music. I definitely saw a bird, in costume and in dance. No one else interpreted their music. There was no excuse for her to be sent home. The judges invisible reasoning was lousy.

And WHAT was Mia Michaels wearing last night?? It looked like she had cut slits out of a black Hefty bag and stuck her arms through them. Thankfully, her hair looked good. I just didn't get the outfit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang;3541193;
    I am so bummed that Karla went home. She worked her ass off with the QS and thought she had the best solo last night but I knew as soon as I saw who the other 2 female dancers are in B3 that Karla is toast. If Caitlin was B3Karla would have stayed. Oh, well...........this show is all about finding the most popular dancer anyway, NOT the best dancer.
    Actually, I don't think it would have mattered either way. Nigel is all about the tour (he's pretty much said as much), and there's no way they were going to boot the Bollywood routine in favor of the quickstep. Plus, Caitlin has shown that she can pull out brilliant solos and the judges love her. It was pretty obvious Vitolio and Karla were both doomed this week unless they stayed out of the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3541097;
    Agreed. I liked her because of her grandpa and his tears but not because of her and I didn't realize that till the overpimping got on my nerves enough that I started closely watching her. She may technically be proficient but for me? There's nothing there but a whole bunch of misplaced arrogance. She comes off like she thinks she's got this in the bag because the judges love her so much. She needs to tone that down and quick or she's going home very soon.
    I have to totally agree with your summary of Kayla, at this stage in the game the votes are by "the people" and unfortunately she does not seem very "personable" (at least on stage). I thought that after being in the bottom last week and then again this week, she would have "danced her solo with emotion, grace, and personality, instead she choose to once again dance with stubborness, arrogance, and the overwhleming notion that all she needs to do is kick her legs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast