+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 6/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3527505;
    You would think so...the dancers choreograph their own solos, right?
    The dancers *bring* their own solos, i.e. the SYTYCD choreographers do not do them. Whether they choreograph it themselves, hire someone to do it, or get a friend to help them out is completely up to them.

On the Michael Jackson Tribute front, the latest news is that Nigel wants to do an all MJ night. Nigel (via Twitter) posted from the Phoenix auditions this morning:

Mia has chosen the song she likes, we've spoken to Wade. I've left messages for Paula. I've spoken to Shane. We have to make this happen!!?
    There is a problem clearing Michael's music at the moment. We are trying to make contact with Sony to get clearance on an all Michael SYTYCD
    Don't get carried away everyone. It won't be the NEXT show these things take time to organize, clear and choreograph. I'll keep you posted.

I think it would be really cool if they could pull off a night where the songs for all the routines were MJ!

Asuka, thought her solo dance was awful. She didn't do anything new, just shimmied back and forth on stage.

I actually feel that none of them bring anything special to the solos. There isn't enough time!

The contemporary/lyrical/jazz all spin, reach out, put their leg in the air, jump and repeat. The ballroom shimmy and kick their legs around. The hiphop throw their arms around and seem to be more about the upper body with some flips thrown in.

Either get rid of the solos or cut out some of the filler and give them more time so they can actually put something good together.

I would love to see Wade do his version of Thriller. It would be one that never got deleted off my DVR (my son won't let me delete the Crash Test Dummies. He's 6 and keeps trying to dance like them, his favorite routine ever).

FORT Fan

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I wish they would NOT do a show with everyone dancing to MJ songs.

I agree that MJ was an amazingly talented individual who left an indelible mark on music and dance styles, but I think his legacy deserves something really special. Every show and every network doing their own version of "special tribute" to MJ just feels like a cheesy ratings grab to me. Instead, I would love to see a well-done retrospective performed live at the Apollo (or some equally suitable venue) and carried on all of the networks at the same time with all of the proceeds going to a favorite MJ charity. That would be a fitting tribute for the King of Pop!

I don't want to see a Michael Jackson-themed show either, MomAt40Pls. My main reason is that SYTYCD has never had a theme show, and it would just seem a little staged if they did go through with it. Don't get me wrong, MJ was a legend and should be recognized. I just think a group routine would be better.

And I agree with Harmony2000 about the solos. There are only a few people who do really well in the 30 seconds that are provided (Heidi, Shauna, and I'm gonna add Caitlin to the list now). I think 45 seconds would be perfect since I think 30 seconds is too short and a minute is too long.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3533038;
    I don't want to see a Michael Jackson-themed show either, MomAt40Pls. My main reason is that SYTYCD has never had a theme show, and it would just seem a little staged if they did go through with it. Don't get me wrong, MJ was a legend and should be recognized. I just think a group routine would be better.

And I agree with Harmony2000 about the solos. There are only a few people who do really well in the 30 seconds that are provided (Heidi, Shauna, and I'm gonna add Caitlin to the list now). I think 45 seconds would be perfect since I think 30 seconds is too short and a minute is too long.

and this person on youtube Look up: Feeling Good Solo
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456