+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 6/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

ok first time posting to the SYTYCD board, as this is the first time I have caught at least a piece of each dance! Im still getting used to names so sorry if I misspell or remember incorrectly!

1- Karla & Johnathan: Johnathan is the only guy Im not feeling for some reason. I thought Karla did a GREAT job.

2- Asuka & Vitolio: it was pretty good. For some reason I really like Vitolio even though others find him cold. Its Asuka I dont like, and I cant put my finger on why. I only caught about the last minute of this dance.

3- Ade & Melissa: in the words of Mary WHOOOOOO so hot and steamy. LOVED it.

4- Brandon & Janette: LOVED this hip hop routine too. Brandon hasnt dissapointed me yet from what I have seen.

5- Kupono & Kayla: for me it was pretty good but not GREAT. keep in mind I am not a professional dancer so I have only my opinion on this one!

6- Evan & Randi: Cute. thats all I can really say except BUTT

7- Jason & Caitlin: A little disappointed. Like Nigel said that music is SO passionate. I dont think the dance lived up to it, tho they were trying VERY hard.

8- Janine & Phillip: pretty much liked it. GLAD he got the couch jump, funny that he split his pants!

My faves of the night: Brandon & Janette/ Ade & Melissa
    My votes to go= Asuka and Johnathan
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

The guys outshine the gals this year. There are 2 girls that impress me...maybe 3 but that could be because of their partners.

*Philip and Janine..that's his name. I think they may be safe thanks to the pants rip. I couldn't remember their names but I'll remember the couch, feathers and hole in the pants. I don't remember the dance much.

However, Vitolio and Asuka could be in the bottom 3 because the routine was so like Fame or Flashdance. However, I think the have a fanbase. So I don't really know but I do know that Johnathan is next on the chopping block.

Melissa & Ade - really liked, hot

Randi & Evan - loved

Janette & Brandon - very good

Kayla & Kupouno - Looked like a regular waltz to me, with so little "twirling" and other elements I think of when I think Viennese waltz. It was nice, but what exactly made it a "Viennese" waltz?

Caitlyn & Jason--sloppy paso doble. Judges seemed to like it, but I thought Jason was below average and did not do justice to the style at all. And I thought Caitlyn was "blah", though working with Jason, she's also at a disavantage, IMO.

Jeanine & Phillip - cute routine, but Phillip needs to go.

Asuka & Vitolio - I like him, but as a couple I think they're middle-of-the pack.

Karla & Jonathan - What did they do? Oh yeah, that hip-hop routine. Yawn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3523597;
    Now up Randi and Evan doing a Contemporary choreographed by Mia Michaels.
    OK - the Butt Dance. I repeat what I said last week - this is the best team in the competition. They are wonderful all around dancers, but it's their performance quality that is off-the-charts. Not only do they "sell" each routine, they each have some magic star quality that makes me want to watch them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin;3523644;
    loved Evan and Randi's dance...especially loved that angled leap Evan did!
    Agree! Everyone in the room with me gasped when they saw that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3523626;
    Up next, Caitlin and Jason do a Paso Doble.
    I thought this was going to be great from that beginning. But it just didn't hold up - I felt like they ran out of gas a bit at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3523802;
    OK - the Butt Dance. I repeat what I said last week - this is the best team in the competition. They are wonderful all around dancers, but it's their performance quality that is off-the-charts. Not only do they "sell" each routine, they each have some magic star quality that makes me want to watch them.
    this is weird, because I think I'm the only one here who didn't LOVE the "butt dance" I found it rather boring and juvenile. I have no problems with the constant display of Randi's booty, just thought it was rather blah with very simple dancing and choreography.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Now Melissa and Ade's rumba was smokin!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3523681;
    Jeanine and Phillip close the show doing a Broadway routine choreographed by Tyce DiOrio.
    Usually not a fan of Tyce+Broadway. That was cute and very athletic. Good job by both. Jeanine was wonderful and Phillip just amazes me at how he has stretched to encompass these traditional styles.

+ Reply to Thread