+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 6/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 6/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think Brandon looks like he was a football player, even though he wasn't, was he? His neck is as wide as his head! He is a rock.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3524470;
    Asuka (I keep thinking of the jedi from Clone Wars every time I see her name.....yes, my child watches way too much Star Wars)
    I am SO glad I am not the only one! Whenever I see her name written I have to force myself to think "Ah-ska"!!
    And this is the point where I stopped watching. Why you ask? Because I cannot stand Tony Basil. Since I was watching it live, I couldn't FF past her asinine comments and it got to the point where I simply couldn't take it anymore. I was ready to hurl something through my screen when she said street one too many times....that being the second time she said it. She annoys me more than any other judge does. So I'll watch the rest tonight.
    I don't like Toni as a judge either. AT ALL! I am not up to snuff on the work she has done, but I thought it was really pretty presumptuous of her to basically take credit for the mainstream popularity of hip-hop dancing - like it could not possibly have made it without her involvement. I would be perfectly happy if I do not have to see her as a judge again.

FORT Fogey

And this is the point where I stopped watching. Why you ask? Because I cannot stand Tony Basil. Since I was watching it live, I couldn't FF past her asinine comments and it got to the point where I simply couldn't take it anymore. I was ready to hurl something through my screen when she said street one too many times....that being the second time she said it. She annoys me more than any other judge does. So I'll watch the rest tonight.
    I was able to FF through her comments after listening to the first one. I can't stand her either.

I was happy to see Nigel commenting first; I hope they keep it up. His critique is the one I most enjoy and he is often cut short when the others go on too long.

The luck of the draw on the choreographer was never more apparent than tonight. It appeared, to me, that Nigel was directing some of his comments to the choreographers, especially when he spoke of Mia's genuis with her creation. When he went off on the first couple some of his observations were clealy the routine itself.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3523334;
    Karla and Jonathan were not very good, but WOW were the judges brutal in their comments to them.
    I felt sorry for them, they may as well say hello to the B3 right now.
    I thought Jonathan was awful but Karla was good.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3523427;
    I cannot stand that pick in Ade's hair. I just want to shake him!
    Agree, why does he need that silly pick in his hair 24/7.

LOL - Toni must be responsible for sucking every last bit of fun and spontaneity out of last night's show. perhaps that's why I was in a bad mood by the time Randi and Evan were dancing!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3523802;
    OK - the Butt Dance. I repeat what I said last week - this is the best team in the competition. They are wonderful all around dancers, but it's their performance quality that is off-the-charts. Not only do they "sell" each routine, they each have some magic star quality that makes me want to watch them.
    I completely agree! I look forward to their dance each and every week, and I enjoy them more than any other couple. I really enjoy Melissa and Ade as well, but they are by far my favorite.

Even though I'm gonna blame Toni Basil for my slightly negative take on Randi and Evan's dance last night...I will be happier to be on their bandwagon when I see them do something totally outside their comfort zone. So far I think they've gotten the easiest pass out of all the couples as far as style and possibly difficulty. I do now see that last night's routine was danced beautifully - butttt (sorry, couldn't resist!) it was not Mia's best by a long shot. JMHO...I know most will disagree with this
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

So glad I'm not the only one who thought the choice of guest judge was enough to make you stop watching the show. I apologize for that pounding noise you might have heard, but I felt I just had to pound my head against the wall!

Once again, Evan and Randi were my favorites. Liked Phillip and Jeanine, but maybe just because it was as memorable as the BUTT dance, thanks to the feathers, the jump and the wardrobe malfunction.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Sadly, this season isn't doing it for me. And it pains me to say that 'cause I loved this show. I know it's still very early on, but after the first performance show, there haven't been many dances that have impressed me.

My favorite performance of the night was Ade/Melissa's Rumba. I loved it. Great choice of song, great choreography, and these two are one of the better couples this season (although it really isn't that hard, since the couples this season are very mixmatched IMO). But...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3523427;
    I cannot stand that pick in Ade's hair. I just want to shake him!
    I can't either! It annoys the heck out of me. If they hadn't made such a big deal out of it on the first performance show, then I probably wouldn't even be noticing it.

Ballroom is actually my favorite on this show. I don't know why the judges were badmouthing the style of the Viennese Waltz because I it. It's my favorite to watch.

Kayla/Kupono weren't bad, but I've seen better VWs. But I have a problem with Jean Marc. I feel that he copies a lot. Remember Twitchington's VW back in S4? It was exactly like Jason Gilkinson's VW he did for SYTYCDAustralia with Rhys and Jemma (during the Top20). Yesterday, he did a Paso with Caitlin/Jason which was good, but it was to the same track that Jason Gilkinson used with Rhys and Jemma (during the Top16). I wish he wouldn't copy so much.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread