+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/17 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 6/17 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I was pretty underwhelmed with most everything last night. I didn't like the Hip-Hop at all. For me it was a toss-up between the bad choreography and the bad dancing. I think Jason and Caitlin will be in the bottom 3 and they'll be the ones to go home. It's hard to tell who will be the other two couples in B3. Vitolio and Asuka did a very moving dance, but it wasn't great technically. Vitolio certainly wasn't any better at doing the waltz than Phillip was doing the Tango. I think it's going to come down to fan base, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Vitolio/Asuka in B3. I'll guess Kupono/Ashley for the 3rd couple in B3. But honestly the only couple I don't think would be in danger of B3 is Brandon/Janette. Yes, they made some mistakes, but they were good and they were entertaining and lots of people really love Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3508937;
    Honestly, Shane Sparks hasn't been that great as a choreographer. The only routines of his I remember are Sabra/Dominic's hat dance and the robot dance (I think it was Lauren and Pasha that did this). Both were pretty good, but those are only 2 out of the many routines he has done for this show. I like Shane (for some reason, I don't know ), but he deserves part of the blame for his two-less-than-stellar routines.

I don't think Ashley/Kupono are going to be in the B3. They got the pimp spot. I think it's going to be...

Melissa/Ade (because they went close to first, and they weren't that great; also, I don't know if they have the fanbase yet)
    Caitlin/Jason (because they were probably the worst of the night)
    Randi/Evan or Karla/Jonathan (R/E because they went first and weren't that great--Evan's fanbase might save them though; and K/J because although they were praised by the judges, I didn't find them all that great. Also, like Melissa/Ade, I don't know if they have the fanbase)

I would say that all of the girls are at risk, but they would probably send home Jonathan if he landed in the bottom. If they don't, then I say it's probably Jason.
    Allison and Ivan's umbrella routine is one of the best ever done on the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum;3508281;
    I don't get it.
    Kayla can do no wrong.
    Because she is really really darn good,
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Is it just me, but are most any of the hip hop routines becoming ho-hum compared to some of the dancing we see of that style during auditions? I was looking forward to Shane Spark's work but thought it looked too easy for this competition, except for the fast part of the second number.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3509606;
    Is it just me, but are most any of the hip hop routines becoming ho-hum compared to some of the dancing we see of that style during auditions? I was looking forward to Shane Spark's work but thought it looked too easy for this competition, except for the fast part of the second number.
    Not just you...I had the same feeling.

I LOVE Shane Sparks routines and was really excited that he was back on the show, but then underwhelmed by the two we saw last night.

Only thing I can think is that he had to accommodate his dancers and couldn't get very complicated.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I could listen to 10 Marys before I can sit through a minute of LilC's verbose fluff.
    It is HE who makes me groan and reach for the remote, or simply walk out of the room.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3510001;
    I could listen to 10 Marys before I can sit through a minute of LilC's verbose fluff.
    It is HE who makes me groan and reach for the remote, or simply walk out of the room.
    :yeah that

While I find a some of LilC's comments to have merit, mostly I'm trying to figure out what he's saying. I want coherent, literate, statements from judges, not jargon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3510030;
    :yeah that

While I find a some of LilC's comments to have merit, mostly I'm trying to figure out what he's saying. I want coherent, literate, statements from judges, not jargon.
    And it's hard to take a grown man seriously when he's got his hat on backward; that look is really silly on anyone who's past high-school age -- even someone in the entertainment world.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3509606;
    I always find myself comparing the hip hop routines to those of previous seasons: Katee & Joshua; Jamile and Destiny, Dom and Sabra, etc.

The minute the girl starts looking like a cheerleader, it loses something for me. That was Caitlin's problem last night. She looked like a cheerleader.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3508734;
    Anyone sick of the word "buck"? I groaned when Lil'C said it tonight.
    Count me in CG.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread