+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/17 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/17 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

What the heck has Mary been smoking this year? I thought she was over the top last season, but I see I thought wrong. My ears just can't take it!

FORT Newbie

Wow, I must say that was a craptastic night. And I know it was because I thought the DISCO was the best routine of the night. WTF?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Loved Karla and Jonathan's Contemporary. Don't typically like Disco, but Brandon and Janette rocked it.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I actually voted for Karla and Jonathon tonight...they were fantastic!

I hope they are not in the bottom 3 again...predictions?

FORT Fogey

It just goes to show what an incredible cast of dancers we have here. Vitolio, Asuka, Karla and Jonathon were one step away from being gone last week. Tonight those two couples had very strong numbers. This season you get dumped if you are merely very good (and don't have enough fans). And these kids are incredibly versatile. In past seasons you would cringe when the krumper had to do ballroom, or the Latin dancer had to tackle a Mia Michaels tortured-soul-and-twisted-body routine. This year we have the Latin dancer (Jonathon) killing on a sensitive contemporary piece, and the ballet dancer (Melissa) doing a great Sonya weird jazz thing. I am very impressed.

Anyone sick of the word "buck"? I groaned when Lil'C said it tonight.

I'm so disappointed in the show tonight. After how amazing the first week was, I was expecting so much. But there were no routines that really wowed me. I guess the best routine of the night was Asuka/Vitolio's waltz.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3508115;
    Finally a Louis acknowledgment. About time judges.
    There's a post in last week's discussion thread that says that Nigel actually did give Louis some acknowledgement last week. It was just edited out, probably because he wasn't at the taping of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3508236;
    OK, that was a fun routine! Brought back happy memories of going disco dancing in the late 70s.. good times .
    It was a fun routine, but was I the only one that noticed the several mistakes in that disco? Their unison was off a couple of times throughout the whole dance. And Lil'C said that Janette didn't break character when she tripped when, in fact, she did. Lastly, that last lift looked a bit messy.

Other than that, it was one of the better routines tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3508300;
    Now up Karla and Jonathan doing a Stacey Tookey Contemporary. She worked on SYTYCD Canada and she is an amazing choreographer.
    I love Stacey Tookey, but I guess my expectations were too high because I didn't really like Karla/Jonathan's contemporary. I mean, it was good, but it didn't blow me away like I expected. I'm still a big fan of Stacey's though.

Nigel kind of insulted the other SYTYCDCanada choreographers though because he called Stacey the best choreographer from that show. I'd argue that Melissa Williams is right up there with Stacey.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3508651;
    I am SO BUMMED. There was a tornado about 40 miles south of where I live and they preempted the ENTIRE SHOW to cover the weather in the entire area. I truly hope the residents of the area where the tornado hit are safe!!

Does anyone know if Fox is making the show available online this year??
    Search "cdplayabackup" on YouTube.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3508734;
    Thanks CrossingGuard!! I will check it out!

...and yes, I too am tired of the work "buck"!

FORT Newbie

Nigel kind of insulted the other SYTYCDCanada choreographers though because he called Stacey the best choreographer from that show. I'd argue that Melissa Williams is right up there with Stacey.
    Omg yeah, no kidding! I'm sure Nigel didn't mean it in a negative waybut I kinda felt insulted haha
    Anyways, I'm so happy to see Stacey choreographing this season though, her contemporary with Vincent/Natalli and Vincent/Lisa were absolutely spectacular on the canadian version!

FORT Fogey

Karla & Jonathan were a nice surprise! Asuka & Vitolio need to work with Louis on every piece. He pulled that routine out of them because he puts the dancer before the dance. I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed Ashley & Kipono, but I was loving it start to finish. Ade and Melissa are just fantastic, and I look forward to seeing them dance every week for a good long while!

WOW!! He is FAST, there is already material posted from tonight's show!!

+ Reply to Thread