+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 6/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 6/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Originally Posted by NCLurker
    Well, I might have to duck flying tomatoes here, but, one of the things that I kept thinking was that Asuka has moments in her solos that almost have a "stripper" feel to them. She does sensual, but it's almost as if it's the wrong kind of senual. There were just snippets of time in her solo that gave me that feel. It was really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3498600;
    Nope definitely not just you! I thought that way too during her solo. I was hoping for her to go as well and was seriously disappointed at the reasoning for keeping her.
    Agree and the way she posed for the cameras afterwards, standing next to Kat. I guess sex sells.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3498450;
    Well, I might have to duck flying tomatoes here, but, one of the things that I kept thinking was that Asuka has moments in her solos that almost have a "stripper" feel to them. She does sensual, but it's almost as if it's the wrong kind of senual. There were just snippets of time in her solo that gave me that feel. It was really weird.
    I am also with you on this one. During her solo she kept sticking her behind out in a move that is not unusual in Latin dances, but for some reason in the context of her solo I thought it looked completely without class. Overall I am still ambivalent about her, I'll have to wait and see what she does tonight.

And speaking of tonight, I cannot wait to watch the new show!!!!!

I kind of thought that the over-sexy aspect of that solo was caused for the most part by that dress that stuck out in the back, which accentuated that move. As mentioned, it's a very common one in salsas and such. I doubt Asukah knew it was going to look the way it did, or at least I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until I see more. I like her a lot--at least I don't have to keep looking at her picture to see which one she is, because I enjoy and remember her performances.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678