+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Elimination Prediction - Season 5

Re: Elimination Prediction - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3558360;
    It will be interesting to see how the voting politics change now that the couples have dissolved and each person has to amass their own set of fans.
    It will indeed....my guess is Kupono is going to suffer, probably Randi and Jason also.

winners will be Janette, Brandon, Jeanine.

VERY curious to see how Melissa and Ade fare once apart. I can't call this one.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

Ade made a very good case for himself with his solo last night!

I'm curious about Melissa and Ade also. I can't figure out if he's more popular or she's more popular. I think Melissa is, but with that solo last night, Ade might have swayed some viewers towards his side.

I'm also curious about Brandon and Janette. It seems that they've built a joint fanbase. The people that like Brandon also like Janette. So will the viewers be voting for them both, or sway more towards one of them?

I think Randi's going home next. She got an easy ride to the Top10 being Evan's partner, but I don't know if she was able to build a big enough fanbase of her own to keep her safe. It'll be like Twitchington last year.

I think Kupono or Jason will be next out of the guys. I hope it's Kupono, cause Jason is the only guy that I like.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3558360;
    It will be interesting to see how the voting politics change now that the couples have dissolved and each person has to amass their own set of fans.
    I think you are right in pretty much everything you said. Nigel knew exactly what he was doing when he gave Kayle that Mia routine.

I'm also curious to see how the fanbases fall. Not having any real favorite this year (I like Brandon, Janette, Melissa, and Ade but not enough to be upset if they leave or to even vote for them) it's giving me a whole different perspective on the entire show. Now, I'm just watching to see the fan bases war it out and enjoy the dancing.

I think that Ade has a larger fan base than many realize and that it will come down to him and Brandon for the final two. Janette is gaining momentum and may very well pull an upset.

AMERICA....here is your top 10:
    (sorry I couldn't resist!!!)

1.Brandon - stellar performances, never in B3, should be a lock for F4 at least
    2.Janette - outstanding also, never in B3. Has Brandon carried her at all? I'm predicting at LEAST F4 if not higher.
    3.Jeanine - great performances, she really sparkles. DFYL solo was only ok. With a better partner, she should shine. I'm hoping she makes F6 at least.
    4.Jason - several times in B3. Standout routine (B-wood) was first week of competition. Lack of fanbase due to him or Caitlin? He's adorable so maybe one or two more weeks.
    5.Kayla - In and out of B3. Standout routine (Addict) was just last week so she's on an upswing. Will need to connect with new partner to keep going. She or Randi are most vulnerable now.
    6.Kupono - probably the weakest male left, but just had a strong performance. Most likely next to go.
    7.Melissa - consistently strong but many routines have played to her strengths. Big question with her in B3 this week is are the voters connecting with her?
    8.Ade - Great solo this week, opened a lot of eyes. Not just a prop for Melissa. Will be very interesting to see how both Ade and Melissa do with new partners. With Kupono and Jason still around, Ade should be safe for a couple of weeks.
    9.Randi - never in B3. Is this due to Evan alone or does she have a strong fanbase also? I'm picking her as next female to go.
    10. Evan - seems to have an incredibly strong fanbase, never in B3, even with some subpar weeks. I think he'll be one of the final 2 guys (along with Brandon).

Now for total speculation:
    F10 - Randi & Kupono leaving
    F8 - Kayla & Jason leaving
    F6- Melissa & Ade leaving
    F4: Janette, Brandon, Evan, Jeanine
    winner:
    tossup (leaning toward Janette as we're due for a female winner and she's GOOD!)
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Regular

Janette has been my favorite surprise this season. Brandon has not carried her- she's got it all on her own. I'd like to see the final four as:
    Brandon and Ade
    Janette and Kayla

I do not feel for Jeanine or Jason. But don't get me wrong, this season has been incredible and so gifted with talent!!! These 4 never dissapoint for me.

FORT Fan

Ok, I will do the points I guess, but let's hope it doesn't get too hectic.

Every week choose one boy and one girl to be safe from elimination, this is how the points will go...
    3 points - Every right person not in bottom 4
    2 points - if person is in bottom 4 but is safe
    -1 - for person being sent home.

FORT Fan

ACtually, Change that we are going to do guess the Bottom 4

1 point - for every right person in bottom
    2 points for correctly guessing who is going home

FORT Fogey

OK, then - for Top 10 week I'm predicting:

Bottom Four:
    Randi
    Kayla
    Ade
    Kupono

Going Home:
    Randi & Kupono

Kupono has been dangling at that bottom for a while. Mia's number gave him a reprieve last week, but that goodwill won't stick without a fanbase. Randi will be something of a surprise elimination. I think she has been good with Evan and supported by his fans, but will be the first casualty when stuck with a less charismatic partner.

Or not.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-15-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Taking fanbases and solos into account, I'm going with....

Bottom Four:
    Melissa
    Randi
    Brandon
    Kupono

Going Home:
    Kupono & Randi

Now, I do not think Brandon belongs in the bottom at all and I actually want him to make it into top 4. However, Evan's fanbase is too strong and his solo was great. Ade had a great routine and great solo. Jason's fans are mobilized and he had a good routine. I think Brandon's fanbase may fall asleep at the wheel this week, thinking he is safe so he will be in the bottom 4. Same scenario could apply to Ade so I was a bit torn there.

+ Reply to Thread