+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

Re: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3599666;
    “Wow… There is not a dry eye in the house. You guys will not believe what we, as an audience have just witnessed.”
    Yeah that's because of the breast cancer dance. I'm so sick of the "stories" and the over the top tugging of the heart strings. Just dance for pity's sake.

Evidently there are some very obvious buses headed for some contestants... Ade, Evan.....get slaughtered by the judges and their dances aren't even that bad (according to those at the taping). I will be FFing through all their comments when I watch it tomorrow.

FORT Fogey

First spoilers are in for Top 6:

Kayla and Brandon - Contemporary & Disco
    Jeanine and Ade - Hip Hop & Rumba
    Melissa and Evan - Broadway & Quickstep

This would be Brandon's first straight up contemporary routine - and if he has Mia she could really show him and Kayla off. The Broadway could be great for Evan - he is really in need of a home run. The only other time he's had his own style he got stuck with that Joey Dowling Fosse routine. Of course, the bad news is the Quick Step for him and Melissa.. Ughh! I'm already shivering. Kind of middling choices for Ade and Jeanine. What do you think?

The conspirator in me is having a field day with those pairings! Oh the mind boggles. I wish we knew how the votes fell each week!

I actually think the dance assignments are fair. Each has a dance that can be great and each has a dance that is the "kiss of death". Each has a dance where one partner will be good and the other not. Should be an interesting night if these early spoilers hold true.

Kayla and Brandon - Contemporary: if they don't kill this? Since it's probably going to be Mia? They deserve to go home. Disco: Brandon has proven he can do it but can Kayla? I don't think she can pull it off.

Jeanine & Ade - Hip Hop: Ade can do it. Jeanine has shown that she isn't very good at it....if its a NappyTabs routine or if Shane is having an off night. Rumba: Ade showed that he can't do it unless he learns how to tuck that bottom in. However, like Brandon he has the advantage of having already done a particular dance style. I think Jeanine will pull it off.

Melissa & Evan - Broadway - they will both be fine in that, unless the judges are seriously trying to derail the Evan Fan Train and will use this and their next dance against him. Doubt it will do any good, he's headed straight for final 2. Quickstep - they will both crash and burn.

FORT Fogey

More details on Top 6 - we now have choreographers and the results show guests:

Spoilers for the top 6 episode:
    Evan/Melissa - Broadway by Tyce and Quickstep by Louis Van Amstel
    Kayla/Brandon - Contemporary by Stacy Tookey and Disco by Doriana Sanchez
    Jeanine/Ade- Hip Hop by Napoleon & Tabitha and Rumba by Louis Van Amstel

Spoilers for the top 6 results episode:
    *Musical guest is Sean Paul.
    *Dance guests are Jabbawockeez.

Hooray! Stacy Tookey and Louis Van Amstel are back! And more good news that they did NOT inflict Joey Dowling on Evan again. Although Tyce's Broadway routines can sometimes be cheesy - here's hoping he has some inspiration magic left over from last week. I'm neutral on NappyTabs and Doriana Sanchez - impress me, folks, and all past sins will be forgiven.

Disco sure seems to have been highlighted this year much more than in past years. Love it! I too am feeling the Van Amstel love. He's an awesome choreographer. Is it Wednesday yet??

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH H - QUICKSTEP!!!!

I love Evan. I am rooting for him. I think he can do Gene Kelly easy.

But he definitely just doesn't have the lines for Fred Astaire-style partner dances.

I hope his Broadway absolutely rocks the house...

<--biting nails

Okayyy....maybe Evan can get a number that will FINALLY showcase his talent and personality!! How tall is Melissa - isn't she close to Kayla in height? And QS is all close hold isn't it? I'd say def train wreck except Louis is a genius choreographer.

Doriana has choreo'd some great (Neil and Sara) and some awful disco routines (Brandon and Janette) so wonder which it will be this time? Agree that Kayla will bomb. She is NOT good in anything except her own style. Contemp should be a slam dunk. If Brandon would just shut his mouth, he'd be one of my favorites - I just can't handle a guy babbling on about butterflies

Jeanine and Ade. NappyTabs have not been "on" this season. Hopefully they'll pull something good out. Another Rumba already? <sigh> Should be ok, again Louis will probably work wonders and we know Jeanine can do sexy.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

This just in from MJ's Big Blog:

PLUS!!! The 4 emmy-nominated routines will be performed on the results show:

Mercy by Mia Michaels featuring Katee and Twitch
    Adam & Eve by Tyce Diorio featuring Jessica and Will
    Bleeding Love by Napoleon and Tabitha featuring Chelsie and Mark
    A Los Amigos by Dmitry featuring Chelsie and Joshua
    Yowza!!!

Nigel redeems himself in my books after last week's KH debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3620561;
    This just in from MJ's Big Blog:

Yowza!

Nigel redeems himself in my books after last week's KH debacle.
    Nice! I might actually be more interested in the results show than the performance show this week.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lkras16;3621124;
    Nice! I might actually be more interested in the results show than the performance show this week.
    Ditto for me.. I really do love the "encore" performances they have been showcasing. Now if only they will bring back Pasha and Sara to do the West Coast Swing number that Benji choreographed for them...

+ Reply to Thread