+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Evan & Jeannette paired up.

I will be camping next week, so my VCR is already set. I won't get to see this week's episodes until Friday night or Saturday.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Hmmm... considering the relative unpopularity of Kayla and Jason, I'm gonna guess they're going to go home no matter how well they dance, together or solo.

I know this is a "random" pick, but if you've had the partner since the beginning, shouldn't they pick again? I honestly don't think having Melissa and Ade together again is doing them any favors. I'm betting B2 for sure.

OTH....Brandon and Jeanine? That could be dynamite!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

To the Point

"random picks" have paired couples together again after having been the initial pair in other seasons.

I know....it just goes back to my wish that they come up with a better system for pairing everyone up each week.

And yes, I'm for having them switch partners every week from the very beginning. Avoids the power couples and gives everyone at least a fighting chance.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

More details from SYTYCDism:

Couples:
    Ade/Melissa - Contemporary (Tyce Diorio), Cha Cha (Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)
    Brandon/Jeanine - Pop Jazz (Laurie Ann Gibson), Waltz (Hunter Johnson)
    Jason/Kayla - Broadway (Tyce Diorio), Hip hop (Shane Sparks)
    Evan/Janette - Jazz (Sonya Tayeh), Rumba (Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)
    Looks like a good mix of dances; everyone has something they can do well and something challenging. Laurie Ann Gibson is a new choreographer this week. She's known for her work on MTV's Making the Band and various music videos, most recently for Lady Gaga.

FORT Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing Brandon and Jeanine dance together. I think they will make a great couple. I'll also be interested to see if Janette can give Evan a little "spice" in his dancing. I think Jason and Kayla are toast!

FORT Fogey

OK, the show taped last night so we now have the order in which the dancers will appear and some song details:

Performance Order

Travis Wall Group Routine - “Let it Rock”
    Janette and Evan - Jazz by Sonya Tayeh
    Jeanine and Brandon - Waltz by Hunter Johnson
    Melissa and Ade - Cha Cha by Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin
    Kayla and Jason - Broadway by Tyce DiOrio
    Janette and Evan - Rumba by Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin - “Heartless” by Kris Allen
    Jeanine and Brandon - Pop Jazz by Laurie Ann Gibson - “Battlefield” by Jordin Sparks
    Melissa and Ade - Contemporary by Tyce DiOrio - “Women’s Work”
    Kayla and Jason - Hip Hop by Shane Sparks

Definitely some American Idol cross-promotion going on there (Kris Allen and Jordin Sparks). Speaking of AI, Season 7 contestant Chikezie was in the audience last night and he tweeted:

“Wow… There is not a dry eye in the house. You guys will not believe what we, as an audience have just witnessed.”
    Looking forward to a great show. And I think we can assume that there will be cries of pain from fans tomorrow night whoever goes home.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3599666;
    Speaking of AI, Season 7 contestant Chikezie was in the audience last night and he tweeted:

Looking forward to a great show. And I think we can assume that there will be cries of pain from fans tomorrow night whoever goes home.
    Ok, I always look forward to Wednesday, but now I'm counting the hours
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Are we sure its going to be on tonight?
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 07-22-2009 at 06:40 PM. Reason: not a political forum

+ Reply to Thread