+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

Re: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

FWIW they nailed that quickstep! That will teach those powers that be!

So I just heard a rumor that Philip and Jeanine are getting Russian Folk Dance & Jive. I hope this is true because just the thought of seeing him doing a folk dance has me wanting to roll around on the floor laughing. Wow, now that's some bad luck. I put absolutely no stock in spoilers that come in this early but this one I just had to share.

FORT Newbie

IM praying that Philip will leave. He doesnt deserve to be on the show. Im not the type to judge based on appearance cause obviously this is a dancing show but sorry but that dude is not only ugly but is obnoxious so thats why i cant seem to like him. I dont like his attitude and he has no depth or maturity to dance a jazz or contemporary routine. All he can do is hiphop and i havent been impressed, even with the hiphop piece they did the first week. I even think Twitch and Cedric had more growth than him. he needs to go.

What scares me is that no matter how bad he does, fans will massively vote for him to make the top 10.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3546194;
    So I just heard a rumor that Philip and Jeanine are getting Russian Folk Dance & Jive. I hope this is true because just the thought of seeing him doing a folk dance has me wanting to roll around on the floor laughing. Wow, now that's some bad luck. I put absolutely no stock in spoilers that come in this early but this one I just had to share.
    I don't know, when you think about it hip-hop is a folk dance. Russian folk dance in particular has some similar elements to hip-hop. Philip might be OK. How he does in jive depends on how good a partner he has become.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3547426;
    I don't know, when you think about it hip-hop is a folk dance. Russian folk dance in particular has some similar elements to hip-hop. Philip might be OK. How he does in jive depends on how good a partner he has become.
    After I got over my laughing fit, I realized that if this is done the same way Twitch/Joshua did it? Then this could be a very good dance for Philip. I was just picturing him in some crazy costume doing some flowy moves but I had forgotten that they could also go very athletic with this and do all that low to the ground kicking stuff.

I like Philip, however, he is past due to go home. He will drag down whomever he is partnered with next.

Kayla/Kupono supposedly have contemporary.....again. How the heck is that fair? That they "drew" *rolls eyes* contemporary back to back when they are contemporary dancers?

Could they be more obvious with the rigging?

So according to Travis's twitter he was at dress rehearsals with Brandon/Janette and he is helping Wade with a routine. Not sure if they are related or the Wade thing refers to the upcoming 100th episode where not only many past season favorite dances are returning (Ramalama and The Bench as well as The Hummingbird are pretty much confirmed) but Wade is also dancing a tribute to Michael Jackson.

Rumors so far:

Janette/Brandon - Tango & Jazz (Wade)
    Kayla/Kupono - Contemporary (Mia)
    Jeanine/Philip - Russian Folk & Jive

The only one I'm fairly sure of is the J/B because of Travis's twitter. The rest who knows since the rumors are so early!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3548544;
    Kayla/Kupono supposedly have contemporary.....again. How the heck is that fair? That they "drew" *rolls eyes* contemporary back to back when they are contemporary dancers?
    But don't forget, last week it was *pop jazz* not contemporary. :

eta: Sorry, I was wrong about that, I was thinking of the alien routine. (great first post!! ) But the pop jazz does tend to blend in with the contemporary, which makes me wonder why they bother distinguishing.
    Last edited by Sparkle'Em; 07-07-2009 at 03:40 PM.

I read this elsewhere and have no idea if it's true, but apparently the partners for this week are;
    Ade and Kayla
    Evan and Janette
    Brandon and Melissa
    Jason and Jeanine
    Kupono and Randi
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3564299;
    I read this elsewhere and have no idea if it's true, but apparently the partners for this week are;
    Ade and Kayla
    Evan and Janette
    Brandon and Melissa
    Jason and Jeanine
    Kupono and Randi
    If this is true....hmmmm..hmmmm...

Brandon and Melissa - MAJOR pimping
    Ade and Kayla - giving each other someone relatively strong?
    Evan and Janette - bolstering up Evan's numbers?
    Jason and Jeanine - I'm hoping for good chemistry, otherwise they could be in trouble
    Kupono and Randi - on paper looks like the most vulnerable team, but who knows? this is a talented season
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3564299;
    Ade and Kayla
    Evan and Janette
    Brandon and Melissa
    Jason and Jeanine
    Kupono and Randi
    Yeah, I heard this and supposedly it came from somebody who saw them pulling the names out of the hat. Many places are running with this as the couples. There are also spoilers out there already with who is dancing what, I usually wait till tomorrow night when those who attend the taping start posting to think they are real.

I have to once again sigh in disgust/frustration with the Kayla pimping. I had a feeling Ade was more popular than many realized and this cements it in my mind. They put their darling with a high vote getting and great dancer to prop her up even more. Clearly they want her to win.

I feel a little for Jeanine and Randi getting who they got and feel B3 heading their way.

Anybody buying that these were random assignments? LOL I'm not!

+ Reply to Thread