+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

Re: *~Partners/Dance Spoilers-Season 5~*

Don't they have all the judges from that season sitting in at the very last show? I seem to remember the panel being crowded in previous seasons for the last show (can't remember if it's performance or results though). I think this spoiler is a bit confused or unclear when it comes to the judges.

I don't see Brandon as being thrown under the bus. He's done HH and has shown that he is very good at it. If anything I see Evan as getting the short end of the stick since I doubt he will be any good at HH or at Jive and the two Jazz routines could be disasters if they don't play up to his "quirkiness".

I actually think for the most part the routines are fair and have the potential to be either disasters or successes depending upon the choreographer and what they do.

The one thing I find odd and a bit telling is that the girls have very similar routines that are right in-line with what they do. If you are buying into the whole manipulation thing then comparing what the girls got with what the guys got it would seem that they want a girl to win since they were both given routines that they could shine in.

I just realized that Evan was given a HH to dance with Brandon. So maybe he is being thrown under a bus... a very small VW bus though since if the HH is that slow flowly story telling stuff this show like so much he may be able to pull it off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3632127;

I don't see Brandon as being thrown under the bus. He's done HH and has shown that he is very good at it. If anything I see Evan as getting the short end of the stick since I doubt he will be any good at HH or at Jive and the two Jazz routines could be disasters if they don't play up to his "quirkiness"....

Here's what I don't get. In a show that's supposedly all about versatility, how come people are considered to be "thrown under the bus" when they get a dance that's out of their comfort zones? Isn't the whole point of this show that everybody in the top 20 should be able to move out of their comfort zones, and that the top ones should be able to move out of their comfort zones very easily?

I think the issue that many have is that some almost never get their specialty while others stay if not in it, very close to it. That stinks of manipulation because the laws of averages would dictate that something like that wouldn't naturally occur.

I personally am a little torn by it all. On the one hand I want to see them getting things outside of their comfort zones and want to see them excel so I can be amazed. On the other hand, I want to be amazed by really good dancing so I'm not really interested in seeing a bunch of train wrecks.

Glad I'm not a producer of this show, I'd be a wreck trying to figure out which way to go! LOL manipulate to provide good entertainment and push forward the ones you prefer or let it all go to chance and risk losing viewers because its a mess every week with no good dancing?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3634068;
    Here's what I don't get. In a show that's supposedly all about versatility, how come people are considered to be "thrown under the bus" when they get a dance that's out of their comfort zones? Isn't the whole point of this show that everybody in the top 20 should be able to move out of their comfort zones, and that the top ones should be able to move out of their comfort zones very easily?
    First, the show is all about "America's Favorite Dancer". For some viewers, that means versatility is paramount. For others, not so much. Second, when people complain that someone is being "thrown under the bus", it's not because they got a dance that's out of their comfort zone. It's because they consistently get more dances that are out of their comfort zone than other dancers (or at least someone perceives it that way).

Even if versatility is important to you, it goes without saying that all of the dancers should excel in their own styles, assuming that the choreography is decent. So if one dancer gets several well-choreographed dances in his own style, while another gets no dances in his own style, or the dances he does get in his style are badly choreographed, then people might consider the second dancer to be thrown under the bus, since it's unlikely that he will look better than the first dancer, given the circumstances.

I'm unsure about all the conspiracy theories and such. But I do think that of the 4 dancers left, Evan is the one that the judges would prefer not to be there. So if there's any throwing, it's likely to involve him. Or, seen another way, even most Evan fans would agree that he's the least versatile of the dancers left, so maybe he doesn't need any throwing to look worse than the others this week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3634159;
    I think the issue that many have is that some almost never get their specialty while others stay if not in it, very close to it. That stinks of manipulation because the laws of averages would dictate that something like that wouldn't naturally occur.
    Actually it is highly unlikely that a random draw would spread dances around evenly. An even spread is just as unlikely as the chances that someone would get the same dance on every draw. A random assignment will advantage some and disadvantage others.

In Season 1 they drew for partners and dances the whole season. The result was that some people danced together multiple times and others got the same dance over and over. That's just what random looks like.

If you want a fair distribution then you need human intervention to evaluate the season so far and make a determination of what the next round should look like. But of course, if a human is putting it together then people will suspect an agenda. Random removes the agenda, but does not necessarily make the result equitable.

OK, I'll go back to my computer programming job now...

TopCat, a lot of people think that if you flip a coin 1000 times, you will get close to an even number of heads and tails, or that if you pull a marble out of a bag with 2 white and one blue, it will be white 2/3 of the time...unfortunately a whole lot of people don't understand permutations, combinations, and so forth. To these people, lots of things that are not tampered with will appear to be. In the case of the dance draws, there's really no way to know for sure!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PSP

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3631136;
    Got the rest of the dances; the full list:

Dances
    • Top 4 Group Routine - Wade Robson
    • Jeanine & Evan - Jazz? - Sonya Tayeh
    • Jeanine & Kayla - Contemporary - Mia Michaels
    • Kayla & Brandon - Broadway - Tyce Diorio
    • Brandon & Evan - Pop Jazz/Hip Hop - Laurieann Gibson
    • Kayla & Evan - Jive
    • Jeanine & Brandon - Paso Doble

Breakdown by Person
    Evan: Jazz, Jive, Pop Jazz/HH
    Brandon: Broadway, Paso, Pop Jazz/HH
    Kayla: Contemp, Jive, Broadway
    Jeanine: Contemp, Jazz, Paso
    Just got back from the filming - do not miss this dance.....

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3634442;
    Actually it is highly unlikely that a random draw would spread dances around evenly. An even spread is just as unlikely as the chances that someone would get the same dance on every draw. A random assignment will advantage some and disadvantage others.

In Season 1 they drew for partners and dances the whole season. The result was that some people danced together multiple times and others got the same dance over and over. That's just what random looks like.

If you want a fair distribution then you need human intervention to evaluate the season so far and make a determination of what the next round should look like. But of course, if a human is putting it together then people will suspect an agenda. Random removes the agenda, but does not necessarily make the result equitable.

OK, I'll go back to my computer programming job now...
    True. However, as a fellow computer person (Bachelors in Computer Science ) I still will maintain my statement about the laws of averages. These assignments are a little too convenient to not be manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by PSP;3638895;
    Just got back from the filming - do not miss this dance.....
    oohhh...sounds like we have a great paso. I can totally see Brandon and Jeanine playing this one for all their worth

Usually the semifinals are spectacular and the finals a bit of a letdown. Since last week's semi's were only ok....let's hope for a truly wonderful final!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

So I just got done reading a bunch of spoilers from last nights taping and one that was done from somebody who managed to sneak a phone in and was tweeting during the show......

Evan is going to win.

If the spoilers hold true and the editing monkeys leave intact how brutal the judges were to him and the way the crowd was chanting his name? They just ensured that he will win. When are they ever going to get it through their heads that the same way over pimping somebody will cause them to lose, that brutally attacking a contestant will make them win? Sheesh.

Supposedly Nigel goes so far as to say that Kayla doesn't stand a chance and that it will be between Jeanine and Brandon. I think he's concerned he won't get his female winner because Kayla and Jeanine are probably splitting votes and he's trying to stop that?

I'm excited to see some of these dances. Except for the group dances....cheerleaders and strippers. Oh joy! Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread