+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Evan Kasprzak - SYTYCD 5

Re: Evan Kasprzak - SYTYCD 5

I finally watched the brothers audition routines last night online and do agree that Evan is the better dancer..Ryan did a cute tap routine but Evan showed more variety
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The only thing that I could find fault with in Evan and Randi's routine was the music. The song is a good one . . . . just not THAT version of it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I see Evan going far. But because he's so short, I'm just wondering what they'll do with his partners. If he makes it all the way to the Top4, then he'll for sure get stuck with a girl who's way taller than he is. If he actually does manage to make it far, he probably shouldn't get ballroom for his own sake.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

To the Point

Does anyone know how tall/short he measures?

I don't know, but I do think it can be an issue for Evan, whom I really do like. I remember Cyd Charisse almost always dancing in flats when she partnered with Fred Astaire. Ballroom is the trickiest genre for a short man to handle.

The only genre where it doesn't seem to be an issue at all is ballet where they absolutely have to overlook it. A ballerina en pointe can add 8 or more inches to her height, so even if she is 5'2", she would be 5'10" on her toes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I remember Hok got nailed on his ballroom (waltz?) because he couldn't accomplish the rise and fall necessary to the style. I see Evan having the same issue. Hope he does OK though! If he gets another ballroom with Randi, he might be OK with the height, anyone else though....
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I really like Evan. He seems like a real sweetheart, and is a really good dancer.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

FORT Newbie

both brothers are wonderful, and from the preview they showed on wednesday it looks like ryan's gonna do well next season! yay!

Looking forward to Evan's performance tonight . . . . whatever style he might have to do.

The judges weren't all that fond of Evan and Randi's Broadway performance, but I liked it. Don't think they'll be in the bottom three this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast