+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Chbeeb - SYTYCD 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Phillip Chbeeb - SYTYCD 5

I dont like him. He has to go. It frustrates me that he's popular because of last year's finale and that we lost amazing dancers beside of him

mtlgirl31, I agree that he should be gone already. Yes, I enjoy watching him dance in his style, but better dancers have now been sent home and that's frustrating.
    Love me some SYTYCD All-Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3535791;
    Why isn't this guy in the lowest three. He is far far worse than any of the others. He must be popular with the viewers and I can't for the life of me figure out why. His dancing talent is limited to his style, he can't act the emotional parts, and he is not at all good-looking or even cute.
    I agree. I think he is the least talented of the dancers by far. Good at his own genre, perhaps, but awkward at anything else and not improving much.

I've decided not to vote this year since I vote on dance and entertainment value only, and too many viewers do not. I may change my mind and start to vote as it nears the end if I'm happy with who is still in it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well I like him, but only in his style. And as a person, because he seems like a pretty chill dude.

But I agree, he's the weakest of the dancers that are left. His face is distracting when he dances (he kinda does a thizz face, if you all know what that is). He's just not up to par with everyone else. He only truly excels in hip-hop or hip-hop-like dances.

ETA: BTW, I'm not voting for him. Actually, I haven't even voted this season. I probably should have in the past; it could have saved Kayla/Max back in W2.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-02-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Who is John Galt?

Why on earth wasn't he eliminated instead of Vitolio. Vitolio is by far a better dancer and has a greater range in learning new styles of dancing. Did they make their decision based solely on their solos. If that is the case, why even have them dance in the other styles? This decision made absolutey no sense to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3546738;
    Why on earth wasn't he eliminated instead of Vitolio. Vitolio is by far a better dancer and has a greater range in learning new styles of dancing. Did they make their decision based solely on their solos. If that is the case, why even have them dance in the other styles? This decision made absolutey no sense to me.
    They want Philip on the tour, and they have accomplished that. Now they can justify bringing him on as an alternate. Just pray that the other five guys don't get sick.

Vitolio is a wonderful dancer, but I don't think he has the personality to build a fanbase, much less win. If they didn't boot him he would have been the first one off in the popular vote anyway.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-06-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Who is John Galt?

I thought this was about dancing not a personality contest. Vitolio's dancing greatly exceeded Philip's personality IMO. Philip's personality is not that good and his dancing is below par. Hope he's gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3550008;
    I thought this was about dancing not a personality contest.
    This show is strictly a popularity contest. That is why it's "America's favorite dancer" and not "America's most talented dancer". You can only hope voters are considering dance skills, but I'm sure there are some that only vote on personality. I like to think I vote based on skill, but I'm sure personality affects me to an extent. If two couples show a similar level of skill in their dance then personality could definitely put one over the top when it comes to votes.

Regarding Philip, I like him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I just wish he was doing better dancing outside his genre.

I agree that this is a personality contest, but ironically, America has picked the skilled dancer over the personalities 3/4 times.

S1 ended up having a F4 consisting of great dancers. I think Jamile would be the only one that could be considered as being more popular for his personality rather than his skills. But in the end, America picked a good dancer to win.

S2 ended with a "popular" dancer winning. Benji was a good dancer, don't get me wrong, but did he ever do a contemporary piece on the show? No. He was my second favorite back then (behind Heidi), but in retrospect, Travis would have been a good winner also.

S3 had Sabra win, who had no airtime at all during the audition stages. She became popular after she danced almost all of her routines well, so America ended up picking a winner based on her skills.

S4, Katee was arguably the best dancer. But Joshua was still very good (my 2nd favorite, after Katee), especially considering that he was a HH dancer. Although he was trained, but still, he was good. (The show said he wasn't trained, but in reality, he was). And if Twitch really was F2 (we don't really know, since Cat never officially announces the places of the contestants), then America definitely picked the dancer over the personality.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Phillip is an expert at his own style, but I don't like him in other styles - he's just not good enough. He should have gone home after his ballroom week. He is very goofy looking and I find that distracting. Also, when he does his own style, some of the moves he does with his body really creep me out. Please send Phillip home NOW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast