Thread: Brandon Bryant - SYTYCD 5

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Brandon Bryant - SYTYCD 5

Go Brandon!!!
    You are a wonderful dancer!!!

Who is John Galt?

I think this is Brandon's competition to lose. If he or Kayla don't win, I'll be greatly surprised. I like Evan, but he isn't as versatile as Brandon. Between the two girls, on the other hand, I think it is a draw (but Kayla seems to be the judge's favorite which may or may not influence voters.

FORT Newbie

Crossing my fingers for Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3636724;
    I think this is Brandon's competition to lose. If he or Kayla don't win, I'll be greatly surprised. I like Evan, but he isn't as versatile as Brandon. Between the two girls, on the other hand, I think it is a draw (but Kayla seems to be the judge's favorite which may or may not influence voters.
    We're totally in agreement. Brandon is by far the best dancer left. He's not only the best as far as technique (elevation, extension, strength, etc.), he's been the best as far as adapting to other styles. I'd be disappointed if anyone else won, especially Evan, who's only there because he's cute. Yes, he's a good dancer, but he's not in Brandon's league. Kayla is, for me, the best girl left. Jeanine just does nothing for me.

His solo last week was proof positive that he is the best dancer in this competition. I may actually even pick up the phone and vote for him tomorrow night and I NEVER vote.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I never vote either, but did vote last week for Brandon (and for Jeanine, who I think is wonderful).

One the best features of Brandon is that he dances tall and strong. I was actually shocked when everyone started noting that he is only an inch or two taller than Evan. He dances much, much .... I guess larger is the best word.

Evan is a cutie pie and is talented but doesn't project like Brandon does. Brandon OWNS the stage. Plus his ability to learn new choreography is unreal.

so yeah, I think I like Brandon a smidge!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Newbie

Brandon is a virtuoso! A dancer like him only comes along rarely. I sincerely hope he wins tonight.

FORT Fogey

Congrats to Brandon on a wonderful finale. Loved the Broadway. Loved, LOVED the Paso. Great solo and guys hip-hop/jazz dance. And more than that - what a season! Did he EVER falter in a style? I don't think he did. Whatever happens tonight - what an incredible run he has had on this show! I'm sure there are many choreographers out there who would love to scoop him up for their next project. You can bet that Mia, Adam, and Wade have their eye on him.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Speaking of Mia, did she ever apologize or say she was wrong about her opinion about Brandon when he was selected for Top 20? I've seen her give him enthusiastic reviews, but I missed it if she retracted her scathing words.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Yes, she did. I forget which routine it was, but she was a judge and admitted her misjudgment.

Who is John Galt?

Unfortunately, I set up my tape late and didn't catch the first 40 minutes. Both the DVR and TV Guide said the first hr. was a repeat of last weeks elimination. What did I miss? I am so bummed - on our DVR, you could not restart from beginning on that particular show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast