Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Bellissimo - SYTYCD 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Tony Bellissimo - SYTYCD 5

Tony Bellissimo

Dance Specialty: Hip Hop

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Currently Resides: Buffalo, NY

Bellissimo has been dancing for most of his life. He is a graduate of Frontier High School, and played on the school’s soccer, football and lacrosse teams. He likes to write short stories and poems, and his favorite professional dancer is Barry Lather.

So You Think You Can Dance - Top 20 Finalists for Season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance Revealed! Individual Photos Added!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Tony Bellissimo - SYTYCD 5

hes one of my favorites this season. as long as he makes to where america starts to vote, i think he'll get pretty far in the competition.

I love how in love with dance he is. Because when I look at him, I just see a jock.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Newbie

The only reason this guy is here is because he gives good face. I hope he leaves quickly.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shanny;3487019;
    The only reason this guy is here is because he gives good face. I hope he leaves quickly.
    Wow! I hardly think the little bit we've been show about this guy (or any of the top twenty, for that matter) qualifies a statement like that.

It's all about the editing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I like Tony's personality, but was better than say the other broadway brother uh no. He's on here for his good looks. I don't think he will go far, my bet he will be one of the first guys booted.

Quote Originally Posted by shanny;3487019;
    ITA! When he did that contemporary routine it was awful, as well as the second time he did it. They cut so many better dancers than him, but I think that if that Alex guy could have got out of his contract, Tony or Phillup would not be in the Top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3487071;
    It's all about the editing.
    I agree, it is all about the editing. And Tony was featured in a positive light during Vegas Week, which has allowed him to build a strong fanbase already. It'll probably take him far in the game, even if his dance skills in his future routines suck.

Take Twitch for example. He was a good enough dancer, but not great. I found that his routines weren't as hard to do as some of the others, so maybe the choreographers felt that they needed to make their routines a bit easier for him. That's just my observation anyway. Take Mia's bed routine for example. It was a lot of tossing and turning, and fans ate it up. But there wasn't that much dance in it. But Twitch still managed to make it far since his fanbase was so strong after having been "pimped" so much during the audition stages. Not only that, but the judges kept raving about him because he was untrained. Viewers loved it, and voted him farther than better dancers.

This may or may not be the case with Tony. We haven't seen him dance on the SYTYCD stage yet. But I'm just saying, the guy already has a fanbase.

Not only that, but he has good looks. Look at how far they got Neil in S3. Tony can have mediocre dances in the future, and he still will probably be voted through.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I don't like him. Mostly because I think he is mediocre and should have never been put in because he has "potential to grow". That's so bogus. He's cute, that's the only reason he got put in and he is a good whipping boy for later so they can be mean to him like they always are to the ones who are meant as canon fodder but wind up outlasting better dancers because of their looks and/or personality.

Who is John Galt?

He is definitely the male eye candy of the season and he has an adorable personality. No, he doesn't have the dance ability of some of the others, but this isn't the first time they've put through a less than stellar dancer to see how he improves. He does have the charisma many of the others lack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast