Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Sandvig - SYTYCD 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Melissa Sandvig - SYTYCD 5

Melissa Sandvig

Dance Specialty: Ballet

Hometown: Los Alamitos, CA

Currently Resides: Los Alamitos, CA

Sandvig has been dancing for most of her life. She has danced with the Milwaukee Ballet Company, LA Opera, Long Beach Ballet and Helios Dance Theater. A highlight for Sandvig was performing ďLe Coeur IllumineĒ at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.

So You Think You Can Dance - Top 20 Finalists for Season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance Revealed! Individual Photos Added!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Melissa Sandvig - SYTYCD 5

Local girl! Hope she does well!
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

FORT Fogey

She's a beautiful dancer! I hope she stays in the competition for a long time. I think she's the first real ballerina that's ever been on the show. She was great this first week!

Naughty ballerina indeed! She was quite impressive (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;3494795;
    She's a beautiful dancer! I hope she stays in the competition for a long time. I think she's the first real ballerina that's ever been on the show. She was great this first week!
    You forgot about Raven from last season. She was the first female voted off, but she was definitely a real ballerina. The judges canned her when she decided to dance for her life on demi-point instead of on full point. I was sad to see her go. But I'm glad there is another ballerina that's back! I loved her routine with Ade, they were both graceful and perfectly in sync. She is one of my favs so far.
    Last edited by RubyPhoenix; 06-11-2009 at 10:17 AM.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

I think Melissa has more charisma than Raven, so I'm hoping she'll go far. Loved her and Ade's routine last night, great technique (except maybe that crotch shot!) and wonderful emotion. Maybe its the age, but she seems well-balanced and just nice. My new fav.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3495049;
    I think Melissa has more charisma than Raven, so I'm hoping she'll go far. Loved her and Ade's routine last night, great technique (except maybe that crotch shot!) and wonderful emotion. Maybe its the age, but she seems well-balanced and just nice. My new fav.
    Only if Alex Wong could have stayed on the show. It would have been amazing to see both a female and male ballet dancer on the show, and if they were to ever have been paired together, I would have loved to watch it! Melissa is just great!
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

One of my fav's. I really like her dancing, I wish the comments about how old she is would stop though. She's amazing and seems to be able to tackle any style with grace. Don't see her winning but I hope she sticks around for a long time and her partnership with Ade is for me the most "natural" feeling. They are well suited.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3495054;
    Only if Alex Wong could have stayed on the show. It would have been amazing to see both a female and male ballet dancer on the show, and if they were to ever have been paired together, I would have loved to watch it! Melissa is just great!
    ITA...that would have been awesome to see them together.

My comments about her age are not meant to be disparaging at all. I love her sense of humor and the partnership she and Ade are building. I agree, they seem natural together.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I really like her. She and Ade are doing very well for being un-pimped dancers. I can actually see her going all the way.

As of now, she's my second favorite behind Kayla. But I just wanted to mention that Benji was my 2nd fav back in S2, Sabra in S3, and Joshua in S4. What do they all have in common?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast