+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeanine Mason - SYTYCD 5

Re: Jeanine Mason - SYTYCD 5

Jeanine really proved last night she is a top contender for the win

GREAT solo and paso with Brandon.

Good job!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

Yeah, congrats Jeanine on a simply spectacular finale. Whatever happens you left EVERYTHING out there on the stage.

So, ah, the kiss with Jason at the end of the Travis number was not choreographed, huh? Is there something you want to tell us about that? Inquiring minds want to know.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Up until last night, I saw very little personality in her solos. Last night's was great.

FORT Fogey

If anyone can upset Brandon tonight, it will be Jeanine. As a matter of fact I would say Brandon’s odds of winning are only about 10% higher than Jeanine. Why? As Mary said last night, she is peaking at just the right time. When the whole world was watching, she delivered her most amazing solo. Last night ended with one of the best numbers of the season - Louis Van Amstel’s Paso Doble. The fire and controlled attack that she laced throughout that routine was breathtaking. Jeanine also shined brightly in the Mia Michaels contemporary number with Kayla. While Kayla seems to gracefully float through the space, Jeanine is firmly grounded and connected to the inner battle going on. In some ways it was an extension of the Battlefield routine she danced two weeks ago.

Unlike Brandon, Jeanine has had a tough season. She received no pre-season screen time during auditions and Vegas week. She was partnered with Phillip for the first half of the season, who was the weakest male at most styles. Consequently she fell into the bottom three couples several times. And, she was cursed with the Russian Folk Dance – a number that seemed to be invented (and costumed) for the sole purpose of sending her home.

But she survived (Phillip did not) into the top ten, where she immediately made her presence known in the Travis Wall contemporary number with Jason. From there, she did Battlefield with Brandon and her stock began to rise – just in the nick of time. Otherwise it would have be she, and not Janette that was knocked out of the competition by the highly emotional Melissa / Ade Breast Cancer Dance.

So, Jeanine comes to the finals as a survivor. She survived having no pre-season exposure, having Phillip as a partner, the Russian Folk Dance, and the fallout from the Breast Cancer Dance. And she is still here, and gave the performance of her life at the finale. I am sure a lot of people picked up the phone for Jeanine last night, and if she turns out to the the winner, I would not be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3643050;

So, ah, the kiss with Jason at the end of the Travis number was not choreographed, huh? Is there something you want to tell us about that? Inquiring minds want to know.

What did I miss?? Did she mention somewhere it was spontaneous??

That routine was all kinds of hot. I rewatched it more than any other all season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3644427;
    What did I miss?? Did she mention somewhere it was spontaneous??
    Yes, in her video package before her solo on Wednesday she dropped in that little bit of info that the kiss at the end was improvised. Word from the Kodak was that there was also some canoodling going on between the two of them in rehearsals. So, good for them! But a word to the wise, Jeanine - you are going to have to do that routine in 50 cities. It would be terrible to break up with someone and then have to relive the moment you met over and over in front of an audience.

Thanks.

I'll have to rewatch.

They are cute together and have good chemistry. I also sensed a little chemistry between her and Philip.

CONGRATULATIONS, JEANINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey

Talk about making a slow start! It's the end of the season; she's WON; and we only have two pages of posts on the girl - most of them from the last week.

FORT Fogey

Just found this article from yesterday's TV Guide. Excerpt:

If Jeanine Mason wins the fifth season of So You Think You Can Dance, the victory will be all the more remarkable because of a physical problem she’s overcome. What the audience doesn’t know – and what she’s never discussed on the air – is that she’s had two surgeries and radiation treatment over the past year and a half.
    I have to say I have even more respect for her now. Not only has she worked hard over the past year to overcome the damage from both the disease and the surgeries, but she refused to let her "tragic backstory" be used to elicit audience sympathy. She is one classy young woman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast