Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asuka Kondoh - SYTYCD 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Asuka Kondoh - SYTYCD 5

Asuka Kondoh

Dance Specialty: Latin Ballroom

Hometown: San Francisco, CA

Currently Resides: Irvine, CA

Kondoh loves swimming, golf and tennis and has played piano for 13 years. She is a graduate of University of California, Irvine, and has worked as a Latin Ballroom instructor for the last two years.

So You Think You Can Dance - Top 20 Finalists for Season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance Revealed! Individual Photos Added!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Asuka Kondoh - SYTYCD 5

Woo hoo! Go Asuka! She's one of my early favs!
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I really, really do not like her. From the very first time they profiled her the girl displays such ego. Ugh. Confidence is one thing but ego is another.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I wanted to see her make it when I first saw her audition. She's so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3486875;
    I really, really do not like her. From the very first time they profiled her the girl displays such ego. Ugh. Confidence is one thing but ego is another.
    I saw no ego with her. A lot of the forum members are pointing out that they don't like her because of the jokes she made towards her partner and that she sounded conceited/egotistical for making them. I quite honestly don't get what the big deal is. I joke like that with my close guy friends all the time, we have fun picking on each other when we hang out.

She's a great dancer, and I'm sad to see she's so misunderstood. I liked her last season too when she auditioned and was sad when she didn't make it. I'm glad to see her back and that she made it this time representing for the ballroom dancers.

I wish people would give her more of a chance before they draw conclusions about the type of person she is based on a couple on screen jokes she made.

Go Asuka!
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3488026;
    I wish people would give her more of a chance before they draw conclusions about the type of person she is based on a couple on screen jokes she made.
    Nothing seems to irk reality TV watchers more than contestants with a wry sense of humor that the viewers don't get...

Also, reality TV seems to revel in setting up "instant judgments" on people. On pre-recorded shows they can do that intentionally just to set up a "redemption arc", but on the mostly live ones like Idol and SYTYCD the contestants are pretty much stuck with it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

My husband said of her, "Well, she's an enigma. I find her unattractive and sexy at the same time."

I think he might change his mind on the "unattractive" if he saw the pic in the first post in the thread.
    I'm so used to people looking bad in these photos that I was quite taken aback to see how good she looks in this one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yeah, it's a flattering picture of her, which is shocking because I agree that these pre-show pictures aren't the best. Here's another picture for your judgment:

I think she looks cute in this one also. She's definitely very photogenic.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I like her. I get her personality and that she was kidding with her comments about Ricky. I also think she's cute (not beautiful but cute) and that a good part of that has to do with her personality. I hope she goes far in this competition. The only thing I don't like is Nigel's skeevy behavior about her, it made me very uncomfortable for her.

Her cheekbones are crazy high! I never noticed before these pics.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast