+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asuka Kondoh - SYTYCD 5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Asuka Kondoh - SYTYCD 5

I don't think that it is so much about how Asuka has been portrayed as it is about the mentalities of the people who label her as unlikeable. Some people tend to stick negative labels on some people based on their unexplainable/imagined perceptions of those people, regardless of their talent. Sometimes, it can be hard for some people to "catch a break". Danny, and his mega-talent, struck me as phenomenal from the moment he auditioned....but I wasn't really looking for his personality since this was a dance competition.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like her and don't get all the hate either. I saw the clip about her not finding Vitolio attractive as funny and I'm sure it was meant that way but as with most things when a person doesn't like somebody they tend to see everything in a different light. It's just human nature, I suppose.

I feel bad for her because I don't think she will ever be able to catch a break with some viewers and no matter what she does it will be seen as negative and yet another reason to dislike her.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3511373;
    Also, kidding or not, that was not a smart comment to make in reference to the issues there seemed to be with connecting with one another in their dances. It doesn't matter whether you find someone attractive or not, you have to learn to project that emotion/feeling even if it's a total lie.
    I get what you're saying. I think it was meant more tongue-in-cheek and that due to editing the gist behind it was lost. Sort of like when somebody who is really skinny asks "Am I fat?" and you respond with a very long and drawn out "Oh yeah, you are huge." I took it like that. He asked why they have no connection and she replied with a dry sense of humor "Because I don't find you attractive." and he interviewed with that whole "but I'm so cute" thing as his own attempt at the dry humor. A little hard to explain typed out but I got a different read off the whole thing and saw that they were being funny in a very dry way.

I thought the same as you, Harmony. But I think sometimes stuff like that bothers us based on whether we 'like' a dancer or not. For example, I suspect that if I didn't care for Melissa's dancing, it would bug me to no end that she feels the need to go up on her toes to dance around every time they declare her safe...as it is, I just think it's sort of weird! (Not that, if I voted, I would base a vote on such a thing, but some would)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123